[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I gained 30lbs on my new meds and it's time to take action.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1438040700592.gif (14KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1438040700592.gif
14KB, 633x758px
I gained 30lbs on my new meds and it's time to take action.
Along with cutting calories and doing more exercise, what should I do to make weight loss on antipsychotics less hard? I'm also going to be raising my dose of ritalin which will help with weight loss.
My plan is to restrict my diet to chicken breast, celery, peppers, tuna, and beans. I'm going to prepare my food a week in advance and I'm going to use a stationary bike while I watch TV and take the dog out for a long walk each day.

Any former fatbots on antipsychotics have any tips? Neurotypical fatbots welcome too.
>>
>>36009571
p-please bunp

I need to know
>>
>>36009571
It's mist likely not the med themselves that are making you fat it's the much I'd the medication gives you. So really just fight the urge and watch your portions
>>
File: 1427386171828.png (34KB, 636x778px) Image search: [Google]
1427386171828.png
34KB, 636x778px
>>36009571
I'm on antipsychotics, they initially made me gain a fuckton of weight, I doubled my body weight in the first two years of taking them.

Now I'm in the process of loosing it again. I already lost 45 lbs. I take topamax, as prescribed by my psychiatrist. Changes your metabolism and makes me not hungry all the time anymore. Other than that, I keep seeing a nutritionist, and changed my whole diet.

I try to eat only three times a day, and try to adhere to the so called plate model, where I fill my plate with half veggies, quarter carbs, quarter meat/protein. Also exercise, as I got really fat, getting my fat ass up for a walk daily and just walk in a quick pace is enough to get me to sweat. Important is to activate your metabolism daily, so exercise in any form will do, if you aren't as fat as me daily exercise in form of running is advised.

Good luck, anti psychotics are a bitch, but if prescribed, a necessary one.
>>
if your diet didn't change on the new meds I would be checking for water weight or other mass. Thermodynamics fags don't realize the body is made of more than fat molecules.
>>
>>36009754
sorry, what?

>>36009792
I weigh 230lbs so I can run. Also I'm going to make an effort to fill my water bottle 3 times per day. Should I get a bike? Or will I look silly on it because I'm fat?
>>
>>36009818
I don't think my diet changed, but there's always room to eat healthier meals with fewer sugars.
>>
>>36009792
How did topamax work for you?
>>
>>36010127
Great so far. Don't experience any side effects, and makes me less hungry, and was told it changes my metabolism too and helps me in my weight loss. I also changed my diet and I do exercise but as said, with all this added up I lost 45lbs already and I plan on loosing much more with it. I can only recommend.
>>
>>36010192
How long did it take you to lose 45 lbs?
>>
k e t o
e
t
o
>>
>>36010207
About 10 months, but recently I speed up with my weight loss as I get more and more motivated once I see the good progress and see the potential for change.
>>
>>36009871
You should get a bike. You will look silly on it cause your fat but you will also look silly not on it cause your fat, so who cares?
>>
>>36010264
Have you hit any plateaus you've had to work through? I find those the hardest and idk how to overcome them.
>>
>>36010222
He was close, minus the beans.
>>
>>36010720
The beans are for protein. Also I forgot to mention cucumber.
>>
>>36009571
How many calories in those pills? Oh right, zero
>>
>>36009571
I got down to ~62kg while on antipsychotics with intermittent fasting, it's easy after the first week or so.
>>
>>36009571

You should take a multivitamin with this and consult your doctor

dont go getting scurvy lad
>>
>>36010819
They affect your appetite and how you metabolize food. So my diet which was fine before becomes a problem now.

>>36010840
I never thought of fasting. How is it done? Does it work?
>>
>>36010887
>I never thought of fasting. How is it done? Does it work?

To put Intermittent Fasting simply all you have to do is just skip breakfast and start eating at mid-day. Once you've done that for awhile consider also skipping lunch.
>>
>>36010887
>They affect your appetite and how you metabolize food. So my diet which was fine before becomes a problem now.

I guess I see what you're saying
>>
>>36010914
Oh, I do that already. I didn't know.it counted as fasting. I pretty much only eat dinner.
>>
Chug diet soda, bonus if it has caffeine. The bubbles + caffeine will help you feel fuller for longer, plus the calorie content is tiny. Drink it with a straw if you can to reduce the damage to your teeth. Black coffee is also good for this. Sugar free chewing gum is also good if you need to feel the movements of eating.

I lost as much as you gained using these methods.
>>
>tfw have borderline personality disorder and binge eating disorder

>tfw i just know i'd end up gaining more weight if i got on meds for my BPD

>have already struggled with weight my entire life
>>
>>36011002
I want to, but I heard it can make you gain weight?

>>36011042
You may not get that side effect or you can ask for meds that don't have it as a side effect. Don't make excuses for not getting help, trust me, I'm mentally ill.
>>
>>36011103
i'm a NEET who doesnt have insurance or money to even get diagnosed to i don't have that option even if i wanted it

i dont trust government issue poison pills anyway
>>
File: 1487912639678.png (144KB, 649x516px) Image search: [Google]
1487912639678.png
144KB, 649x516px
>>36009871

If you get a stationary bike can I recommend you get one with a chain and not a belt

Either get a real bike with a turbo trainer, this way you will have a bike that can be used for outside activity.

or get a spinning bike, there are a shit ton of real workouts for it and you get a natural pedal motion

also most air-resistance cross trainers have a chain also but look it up before you get one

do not get one of those generic magnetic stationary bikes they do not have good feed back and you will stop using it as it feels like peddling sponge with no momentum
>>
>>36011103
I've heard some people end up craving sugar a bit more after drinking diet soda, which leads them to eating more sugar, but that hasn't been the case with me and I have a huge sweet tooth.
>>
>>36011151
meant for, unless its still you op
>>36009571
>>
>>36011151
I can't afford a new one. I have one in the garage I am going to use but I haven't looked at it yet.

>>36011172
I guess if I crave sweetness after a diet soda, I can just drink another one?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.