[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw asked my dad if i could try moving his straight shift

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (22KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22KB, 259x194px
>tfw asked my dad if i could try moving his straight shift pickup up and down the drive way
>i kept accidently making it jump when going into gear
>ive wanted to be a truck driver
>that will never happen

should i feel like an idiot for not being good at it? i really want to be alble to drive a real truck and i know that will not happen
>>
>>36008109
Trucking is on its way out anyways automated fleets are coming
>>
>>36008246
should i feel ashamed of myself though?
>>
As a former logistics manager, why on Earth would you want to be a truck driver? It's a thankless job that pays less than you expect, given the amount of hours you have to work weekly.
>>
>>36008109
If that's truly your dream, then you can surely achieve it. You just made a mistake, you can't learn without mistakes.
>>
>>36008488
It's pretty fucking robot-tier. Driving from city to city, always surrounded by normies on the road but never part of them, never able to linger in one place too long and make friends
>>
>>36008488
because it seems hard to do and not knowing how to do it well drives me crazy for some reason
>>
>>36008260
There's a learning curve to driving stick shift and it takes others longer to figure it out. I don't have much experience with heavier vehicles but all I can imagine is having the motor control to manipulate the clutch just right. Too fast and you lurch too slow and you might stutter. As anon said if you really want to do it then you can pull it off even if you're not the best good enough is plenty in most cases
>>
Standard is fucking ez pz (with practice)

I love it. Only thing I hate about it is getting to a destination safely because I hate driving.. fuels my anxiety. Too many closecalls with careless drivers.
>>
>>36008564

You also won't get time to watch animu or wank off and will be constantly belittled and badgered by dispatch and your immediate supervisor.

Unless you get a CDL prior to joining a company, you'll be stuck in a cab with a trainer for between two and four months.

Autistic? Enjoy 20 hours per day in a tiny little space with a guy who could fuck a blow-up doll in your bed whenever you're driving.
>>
File: CLIFF.png (99KB, 730x363px) Image search: [Google]
CLIFF.png
99KB, 730x363px
>tfw 26 in trucking school now
what am i in for truckanons? give me the basic gestalt
>>
>>36008678

>one month of OTR with a trainer
>two to three months of OTR doing teams with a trainer
>one year of being locked into a contract and being dispatch's little bitch
>corporate will probably try to convince you to lease a truck
>don't lease a fucking truck if you have more than two sparks to fire a single neuron
>will have no life and will get to go home once every two months for the next year
>maybe two years if you signed with a company like Roehl
>>
>>36008109
Have you ever driven a stick shift before? If you just tried to do it without any practice it's not surprising at all that you were having trouble. If your dad is willing to take you out driving somewhere without much traffic you'll have the hang of it in 20 minutes.
>>
>>36008760
parking lot pl0x. When I was learning I stalled out in traffic but thats just me panicking. OP should be fine after a few practice strokes
>>
>>36008747
what about local? i hear there are good local jobs
>>
>>36008835

Kek, no.

If you're a beginning driver, no company paying for your driving school is going to put you on local runs. The best you can hope for is regional, and that's a long-shot depending on who hires you. In all probability, you'll be running from coast-to-coast no matter the weather or season.

IME as a logistics manager and dispatcher, smaller companies avoid local runs as well - they don't pay well and are more hassle than they're worth.

Even if you buy your own truck, local runs wouldn't put enough in your pocket to pay whatever you owe on insurance and to Volvo or whatever dealer.
>>
>>36008883
I got the school paid for by the goverment. I live in ca
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.