[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw missed out on the wonders of the early internet >tfw

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_7580.png (7KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7580.png
7KB, 206x245px
>tfw missed out on the wonders of the early internet
>tfw will never be able to experience the internet when it wasn't a cesspool of political bullshit and awful memes
>>
>>36005985
you have the pleasure of fighting against opressive censorship while still not being desillusionized about civil resistance
this is worth a lot
>>
Yeah you used to meet some really weird people back in the 90's
>>
i have strange semi-memories of early 4chan from when i was 10 year old cancer, i'm 21 now and it just seems so shitty in comparison
>>
>every site I go on now is basically dead because of how 'centralized' the internet is now, unless it as some facebook integration or whatever the fuck
darn
>>
>>36006219
It hurts man
Sometimes I go onto wayback machine and feel sad
>>
>>36005985
>waiting 5 minutes for a site to load

You didnt miss much.
>>
I remember going on 4chan in early 2000s as a little kid. I stared at the main page for a little bit and then left. I spent the next decade mostly without internet because poor family. Finally have internet again and woop dee doo, 4chan is complete shit.
>>
File: 1490698772826.jpg (6KB, 164x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490698772826.jpg
6KB, 164x250px
>>36006391
It was always shit, maybe you was just an excited little shit
>>
>>36005985
>cesspool of political bullshit and awful memes
Isn't that what it basically is today?
>>
>>36006442
still did not have internet for most of my life. just watched 90s cartoons while waiting for my mom to move us for the 100th time.
>>
>>36006857
do you understand how to read, sir?
>>
>>36006857
yes but english is a bit degenerated
it's quite hard to downsize to that level
>>
>>36007075
this is ment for you
>>36007331
>>
>>36005985
Nah it was still shit back then.

If you're the kind of guy who gets caught up in political identities, you could have done it back then as well. I used to, but not anymore thank god I stopped giving a shit about politics a few years ago.

The internet itself as also shit. Nothing like sitting around waiting for 8 minutes for a single gif to load in the single tab in your web browsers because tabs weren't a thing yet, so you can download and save like 3 gifs to a floppy disk.
>>36006391
>>36006139
>was 10 year old cancer, i'm 21 now
>4chan in early 2000s as a little kid

Fuck you I was 19 when 4chan was created.

Of course anything from your diaper-wearing childhood seems better than your life as barely-legal adult.

>>36006219
websites come and go all the time, facebook isn't to blame. You can still find and join random forums for whatever fetish or autistic hobby you're into.
>>
File: crack team of harolds.jpg (92KB, 650x427px) Image search: [Google]
crack team of harolds.jpg
92KB, 650x427px
>people ITT consider the early-mid 2000s to be "early internet"

Every single day I'm somehow amazed at how fucking young every one else posting here is.
>>
>>36007545
alright good point anon
>>
>>36007590
We're talkin dial up forums and shit dude
>>
File: IMG_7581.png (56KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7581.png
56KB, 960x640px
>>36007590
Like The Cave
>>
>>36007710
Who's talking about that?

I've seen two guys bring up their 4chan days from when they were little kids, which is is 2004 at the very most earliest, and more realistically around 2006-2008 when it started to get big.
>>
>>36007757
Sorry, worded that wrong, I'm talking about it
>>
eh, think I'm just going to leave this site. There's nothing here and it's just making me autistic.
>>
>>36007590
>tfw dad wouldn't buy us a computer until 2003
It's not my fault he was old. Luckily I had an older sister who worked at the library so I could use their computers to look up pokemon gold and silver rumours.
>>
>>36007949
Ah shit Pokemon older gen brings back good feels
First Pokemon game I ever played was leafgreen thanks to my cousins
Too bad one of them sells drugs now
>>
>>36007949
Are you me?

We did have computers in the 90s at our house, but we didn't get internet at home until 2002.

>tfw spent like 5 years beating off to travel brochures, Sears catalogs and Archie cartoons before I ever saw my first boob at age 17.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.