[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

are jobs hard (walmart, mcdonalds, etc)? hpw long does it take

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (1MB, 768x1280px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
1MB, 768x1280px
are jobs hard (walmart, mcdonalds, etc)? hpw long does it take to get the job after applying? and how are interviews?
>>
>>35982084
If you don't know a guy then you have to send out as many applications as you can then give all of them a follow up phone call a week later. In the phone call just tell them your name and tell them you're calling to follow up on your application. They won't tell you anything significant but it's expected of you if you want the job.
>>
>>35982174
are jobs difficult? they seem like theyvwould be
>>
>>35982084
McDonald's is hard. I used to work there, but I quit because it was too much. I stopped working after that so I can't tell you much else
>>
They're easy as fuck, that's why even illiterates do them. But they're tiring and your mind will feel like mush after a few weeks.
>>
>>35982194
Don't listen to this dude, mcdonalds is incredibly easy, you'd have to be retarded to not know how to do it. It's just a bit mind numbing
>>
>>35982192
Being in school is harder than having a minimum wage job for one of those companies
>>
>>35982680
really? how hard is the interview and how long after you give them the applicatio back does it take to get an interview or hired? and do they teach you everything you need to know patiently or are they like "why the fuck dont you understand this!" because thats what im afraid of
>>
Mc dicks is all about LOCATION
If your in bumfuck no where it's EASY as piss except for rushes on morning and dinner shift

Also do overnights since your a robot that should be a given.
>>
fag be neet lel
>>
>>35983009
can you answer my questions here >>35982751
, only if you want i dont mean to bother you

thank you
>>
Uh, no.

I got my first job when I was 17 years old and fresh out of high school. I put in an application to McDonald's and received a call back the very next day. The interview wasn't centered around questions about myself - the manager just wanted to know when I could work and whether I'd be able to show him my diploma. Within a week, I was at training.

After three months, I mailed my almost-empty resume to Jimmy John's. They'd been advertising on CraigsList for delivery drivers. Like McDonald's, the manager didn't ask many questions about my skill-set, opinions, or attitudes. He just wanted another ordinary employee who'd work hard and do the job without goofing around.

Six years later and I'm still not done with university, but I do have a good resume. I've managed operations for a couple logistics company, am a contracted freelance writer, and have done a decent amount of volunteer and non-profit work. Now that I'm focused on getting my degree, I've been applying to part-time jobs rather than the better ones I might be able to get. Everyone calls back, because they like seeing university students who have had demanding-ish jobs in the past.

Anyway, don't expect anyone to read all that. I was just bored.

tl;dr - it'll take a week or two at most after applying to get a call back. The interview will be extremely basic, at most, and will gauge whether or not you're a fucking retard more than anything else.
>>
>>35983108
awesome thank you so much

are they pretty chill about teching you how to do everything or do they get mad if you have questions? and do they give you any choice of being in the kitchen or register?
>>
>>35983047
Not the same anon, but in my experience they are fairly patient considering most of the retards they employ. Even if you only have an average IQ you should find yourself in a management position within a couple years if that's what you want (you don't, trust me).
>>
>>35983155

IME, everyone is fine with questions for the first few weeks. Once you've reached the point where you're no longer the "new guy," then folks become less forgiving.

I think the kitchen vs. register assignments are fairly arbitrary. If you're an attractive woman or particularly sociable, then you might get put on register. I didn't work in fast food long enough to know. Now that I'm back to being a student and part-time, I do delivery and am trying to get another writing contract so I can quit. Driving is decent, because you get to spend most of your shift alone, have minimal interaction with customers, and have few responsibilities.

With learning, it just depends on the manager. Unless you're in a college town or another place where not-stupid people are working menial jobs in abundance, the person immediately in charge of you probably isn't going to be a business aficionado. I'm not saying that to be a cock - the majority of managers I've had in a part-time capacity have been quick to anger, bad at multitasking, and all around unfit to do anything beside what they're doing.

Some are helpful but many aren't. Just depends on your luck. The ones who don't suck at their jobs usually don't stick around for too long, since they can either get promoted or find another opportunity elsewhere (or are students and graduate or get internships).
>>
>>35983187

Also, this.

When I was working in logistics, I was making base pay plus commission. On decent weeks, I'd clear $1,000 by watching documentaries on YouTube, keeping an eye on the load board, and sweet-talking brokerages into giving me decent rates. As a university student, I was making between $20 and $30 for doing a minimal amount of work.

Most fast food management positions pay hardly a dollar or two more than than minimum wage and require you to work hours intense enough that you won't be able to study.

If you're young and in university, I'd recommend taking a class at community college or something over the summer to get an EMT certificate, phlebotomy certificate, or something else that will let you work part-time doing a job that isn't completely retarded.
>>
You will never get hired at walmart or mcdonalds.

They get more applications than you would believe and very selectively hire exclusively minorities and disabled people because the government gives them tax breaks for it.

Their 2 managerial white employees are chronically overworked to compensate for the human trash.
>>
Low skilled jobs are hard because you're literally just trading time for money. Your employer expects you do always be busy and do a lot of shit quickly.

High-skill jobs are hard to get but easy to do once you have them. You invest in developing a rare skillset. Once you have it, you don't need to grind as much when you're actually 'on the job,' because your rare and valuable skillset gives you more status relative to your employer.
>>
>>35983379
How 2 get a job in logistics?

My cousin does that work too, and he seems really well off. He went to school for it, but not sure what sort of classes he took

-unemployed political science major
>>
>>35983472

Honestly, I got my job through connections. I worked for one small company, took a trip overseas for a month, and was told management couldn't afford me any longer. They recommended me to another business across the street which had more trucks, and I started there shortly afterward.

Logistics sucks, though. Consider it a short-term solution while you either get a graduate degree or look for better work. While the money is good, the job alternates between stressful, miserably boring, and entirely unfulfilling. After six months I was going mad, because I wanted to move and be productive.

You can also check openings on the websites for big logistics companies, provided any have an office near you. Examples are:

C.H. Robinson, Fifth Wheel, Schneider, Prime, TQL, CRST, XPO, Coyote, Landstar, J.B. Hunt, etc.

Corporate jobs are probably more intense than what I was doing, but also probably have better base pay and incentives.

If you have a degree and can talk on the phone, you'd probably have a decent shot of getting in. I've heard companies like TQL really run their brokers through the mill, though, since most of what you make is commission. Earning bank is possible, but you'll be working odd hours and will have no life.
>>
>>35982084
Applied at AMC, thought I did pretty good, I think I hit it off with the Manager (male) when I mentioned the film and he brought up how flamable it was like that Tarantino movie. I think the fat bitch who worked with him didn't like me as much though. Looking to get "self employed" so I can pretend mot to be a lazy piece of shit to my family.
>>
>>35982084

i worked at a walmart supercenter for 3.5 years.

It's pretty easy and you're left alone for the most part. Depending on what job you get you'd either be stocking shelves, cleaning, or getting carts from the parking lot. The interviews are retardedly detailed though. They'll ask you like 5 questions starting with "tell me about a time when you _________" and you'll have to bullshit some examples. Not only that, but you'll have to do the interview twice with a department manager, then an assistant store manager. It's a pain in the ass, but they aren't looking for a fucking genius or anything. When I was a dept manager, I would just give all of my interviews a good score and let the assistant store manager decide.
>>
Jobs are not hard. You need to realize the insanely low standard that the world carries. Want to hold literally any of the jobs you listed?

> Show up on time
> Leave on time
> Don't lie
> Don't do drugs at work
> Don't do drugs before work
> Don't make people suspect you do drugs
> Don't steal things from work
> Ask for help if you don't know something
> Perform your duties as your training will tell you

That's it. That's all you need to do. You'd be amazed at how many people fail at those things.

OP I have a STEM job and the requirements are still the same, albeit they're in a very specialized area. The only reason people get fired in my field is because they continually lied or didn't follow simple instructions.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.