[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>depression isn't real Are there normies out there who

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 4

File: images (3).jpg (6KB, 200x193px) Image search: [Google]
images (3).jpg
6KB, 200x193px
>depression isn't real

Are there normies out there who actually believe this or is it just an epic maymay?
>>
>>35975770
Normies and baby boomers think it's a myth.

That being suicidal is only temporary and that you should just "brush it off man" or "pick yourself up by your bootstraps".

I don't know why but people think psychological disorders are as fake as climate change and they just choose to not believe someone could be mentally unhealthy. Ignorance is bliss I guess.
>>
>>35975770
Some people believe that, there's also people who believe vaccines cause autism, koreans who believe that fans can take your air, and people who believe that gender studies and/or graphic design are good ideas.

Just don't think too much about it, if someone tells you shit like that just educate them in a patient manner for their confirmation bias to go a little softer and actually understand what you tell them.
>>
>>35975770
>Are there normies out there who actually believe this

Depression is a normie meme disease you fuck
>>
>>35975770
Depression is real, but I feel many who claim to be depressed are not depressed, there is no physical depression there, they are just reacting to how stagnant their life is. Having negative feelings doesn't mean you get some manner of diagnosis by default lol
>>
normies don't usually suffer from any neurological disorders so they don't believe in them even though they are real.
believe it or not I've come across people who think autism is just an excuse for lazy people
>>
File: rooo normans exit the area.jpg (20KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
rooo normans exit the area.jpg
20KB, 400x400px
>>35975921
don't "educate" anyone you self righteous cunt, if they're adults their opinion is fully baked on the depression issue and you're just going to piss them off and the only "views" that ever legitimately get altered are little more than rhetorical window dressing
>>
>>35976021
As someone who has autism, the type where the doctors are impressed I retained the ability to speak with how much I suffer in other areas, high functioning autistics who don't try to at least pursue a hobby, they are just lazy, and they are just using autism as an excuse.
>>
>>35975974
Yeah, in many cases, what people call depression is actually having a shitty life.

There is a such a thing as actual, chemical depression occuring in someone's brain with a perfectly okay life.
>>
>being sad means I have Depression

>being nervous means I have Anxiety

>I'm gay so I'm Transgender

Fucking special snowflake generation. They're called emotions you don't deserve special treatment.
>>
>>35976206
I have high functioning autism but at least I try to be productive and I always have been
Still can't find a hobby other than vidya, but I am saving up to buy some warhammer minatures to see if that interests me
>>
>>35976300
Yeah even that's ok, you're going to be in a setting where you interact with others if you go into tabletop, that's good, but as someone who's been in government courses for high functioning autistics, a staggering amount do NOTHING, they don't clean themselves, the don't cook for themselves, they don't even try to manage their own money. None of this is because they can't, it's because someone else can and will do it for them, and in the cases where other's won't do it for them, it'll be overlooked because :They have autism, they can't help it (when they obviously can). They've been coddled but have allowed themselves to become lazy, and it's 100% using autism as an excuse lol.
>>
People think its made up because lots of people conflate it with just "being sad", like how someone might say that an anxiety disorder was just "being nervous".
>>
>>35975817
>>35975921
>yes, goyim, don't question climate change and vaccines

When did r9k become so bluepilled?
>>
>>35975770
Yeah they actually believe this. Their dog died once or some shit and after getting over it they feel like a strong empowered womyn so they have to tell anyone to "just get over it like I did."
>>
>>35976834

Climate change is actually a reasonable conspiracy theory, there's enough shaky evidence that it's quite easy to believe one way or the other.

Anti-vaxxers are /actually/ retarded though.
>>
>>35976861
>Anti-vaxxers are /actually/ retarded though.
What do you expect? They're vaccinated.
>>
File: fasdgheasfadsfe.jpg (253KB, 928x768px) Image search: [Google]
fasdgheasfadsfe.jpg
253KB, 928x768px
>tfw have depression because of pic related
>>
File: 1475461069025.gif (46KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
1475461069025.gif
46KB, 225x225px
>>35975817
I've been thinking about this for a while. The entire nature of mental illness is kind of confusing. Since mental illness is more defined by symptoms that can't always be easily and objectively tested, it causes individuals to write it off entirely.

If my arm is broken, it's pretty easy for a doctor with an x-ray to objectively conclude that my arm is in fact broken. Hell even a layman without an x-ray could probably figure that out. I could bitch and moan all I want and say my arm is fine and the doctor doesn't know what he's talking about but everyone knows the arm is broken.

Mental illnesses are entirely different. If I say I broke my arm and it hurts, nobody is going to tell me "well just get a positive outlook and it will get better on its own". The problem with a mental illness is identification in the first place. Most mental illnesses that we are talking about(ADHD, Depression, Bipolar personality disorder, etc) rely on testimony from the suffering individual as well as the other persons in this individual's life. Now we're on shaky ground. People in general, even the ones not suffering from mental illness, are extremely unreliable story tellers. They are beset by all manner of personal bias that can really skew their outlook on the problem at hand.

I myself was raised by parents who told me that mental illness isn't real and that most people who claim to be mentally ill are either lazy or just doing it for attention. Growing up it has become an enormous stigma for me to talk about my feelings or to even give the slightest hint at feeling bad. It's mainly resulted in me completely neglecting that entire aspect of my life. The truth is that I suspect I am suffering from depression but I'm too afraid to go to a doctor for it. If my family found out I know they would not react in a supportive manner.
>>
>>35976743
>a staggering amount do NOTHING, they don't clean themselves, the don't cook for themselves, they don't even try to manage their own money

If they actually have high function autism then yes, this is laziness
I wont say I'm the most active person myself but at least I try, I can take care of myself and do housework. The only thing that limits me is the social aspect and this is again something I've been working on my entire life and still is
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.