[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does anyone else wish they could keep their exact same personality

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 4

Does anyone else wish they could keep their exact same personality precisely the way it is now, but in a handsome Chad body

I think it would be interesting to see how differently my life would have turned out if I acted exactly the same but were handsome. I'm guessing I would have gotten jobs more easily and I wouldn't be signing up for the military as a last resort like I am now.
>>
Jesus Christ i was just thinking that.

I wonder how girls would react when i showed them pictures of my hamster. Or when i told them I'm really lonely, and that i just want love.
>>
>>35968980
>I wonder how girls would react when i showed them pictures of my hamster. Or when i told them I'm really lonely, and that i just want love.

if you were handsome they would interpret this behavior as "cute and quirky" instead of creepy and autistic like they do now.
>>
>>35969009
Fuck. Thanks for killing me. Imagine looking like zac efron, hamster talk would make girls wet. Instead I'm just a freak.

I just really like my hamster.
>>
I'm not going to post a picture so you'll just have to take me at my word. Back in high school I've been told that I had one of these "hot Chad bodies" and I've even had 8/10 and up girls approach me thinking I'm hot. It didn't make a difference though in the end. My social awkwardness and extreme introversion always came across on accident and I end up getting ignored/rejected anyway.
>>
Girls would eat me up. Instead of being a quiet and awkward sperg, I'd be a dark and mysterious man.
>>
>>35969116
this. people tell me to become a model but at the end of the day i'm still an unsocial, boring and awkward sperglord. girls who are mystified at first are completely turned off when you aren't a chad mentally and emotionally
>>
>>35968915

there are plenty of handsome misogynists with victim complexes who sit in their parents' basements and shitpost about depressed amphibians all day, I promise your shit personality is what's holding you back
>>
>>35969106

>hamster talk would make girls wet
>HAMSTER
>TALK
>>
File: 1489882998250.jpg (34KB, 370x699px) Image search: [Google]
1489882998250.jpg
34KB, 370x699px
>>35968915
>and I wouldn't be signing up for the military as a last resort like I am now.

The military relies on ugly, desperate losers with nowhere else to go.

You expect military guys to be these chiseled, square jawed turbo Chads, but in reality the vast majority of them are ugly chinless dweebs.

The military is the trash bin of careers where the rejects of society go because they were too ugly to get job anywhere else.

It's pretty sad. Going through all that hard work, getting yelled at every day, possibly dying in combat just because you're ugly and knowing that you could have had a much easier life if you had just been born pretty.
>>
>>35969235
Caring for that hamster is the only reason I'm still alive. It's the fussiest thing ever, i keep buying it different treats from the pet store, but all it will snack on is cheese, crackers and nuts.

Besides have you heard some of the asinine shit women speak about. At least I'm caring for a living creature.

So what's your famous method of making super models wet huh
>>
>>35969302
>Besides have you heard some of the asinine shit women speak about.

What do they talk about anon
>>
>>35969302

>making supermodels wet
>by talking about your hamster

anon you think you will encounter a supermodel in your small pathetic life and that talking to her about a glorified rat with a dairy addiction is going to arouse her sexually to the point that her vagina will secrete fluid please come back after you pass the ninth grade I know the world seems like a big scary place right now but someday you'll understand girls and puberty will be over before you know it
>>
>>35969651
Women actually like guys who are nice with animals. It can be manly in a caretaker way, shows parenting skills and is kind of socially proofing I'm its own way.
>>
>>35969651
>Glorified rat

Your just a nasty fucking cunt. Don't ever speak to me or my hamster ever again
>>
>>35969746

This has got to be an intentional meme
>>
>>35969210
What even is a good personality? Do I have to be a loud cheery outgoing guy cause those people annoy me.
>>
>>35970025
good/having personality is just like that "b urself" shit(forgot the word for that kind of shit)
he might be meaning attitude
>>
>>35970025

>develop self-awareness around the behaviours that you have that affect others in a negative/harmful way
>empathize with the people who don't want to be around you because you act like a total ass
>own up to this and change the behaviour
>suddenly people don't react to you like a toe fungus
>>
>>35970052

personality is a series of things... your identity, the media you consume and "identify" with, the ideas you buy into, your values, your attitudes, your beliefs, your style of communicating...

all of it really means "the way you come across to others" or "the way you portray yourself" or even "The way you think about yourself"
>>
>>35970209
thank you. feels better having someone explain it.
i was very confused for the longest time when people say "b confident" with no further explanation, so it felt like another one of those ideas
>>
>>35968915
your life would be no different and in less than 3 months you would look disgusting again. go for a walk downtown and you'll see more than a few homeless dudes who look naturally handsome.

if you're in hollywood, looks matter. beyond that, fuck off.
>>
>>35970301
Even if that's true, having people be attracted to you sounds like an amazing experience that a lot of robots will never know.
>>
>>35970323
and should not know.

ask any of the oblivious robots who did, and regret not making moves or knowing what to do.
>>
>>35969116
I'm sorry Bro, can you post a greentext? I wanna know how's life for an autistic Chad.
>>
>>35969009
yes, this is true. how your personality is judged is 100% based on your looks.

being attractive must be the best thing in the world. if i had the choice between having a billion dollars or being upgraded to a 8/10 in looks, i'd take the looks without question.
>>
>>35970025

some examples of a "not so good" personality:

>has an external locus of control
>blames other people for being "superficial" as the cause for his lack of success (I'm not hired because I'm ugly! If I was Chad they would hire me!)
>expects to "get jobs easily" as opposed to working hard for them

Here are some dynamics that are affecting your lack of success:

1) You view yourself as an outsider and don't feel like you belong in society - this is reflected in your idealization of "normies" and "Chad" as people who are functional in society. You feel inadequate (if only I was like Chad, maybe they would accept me in jobs other than the military!)

2) You display bitterness/anger in the way you communicate (because you feel inadequate and view yourself as a victim of the "unfair" world and the body you were born into) which other people find unattractive, offputting, and often see as "red flag" behaviour

3) Your "externalization" and "sour grapes" coping mechanism embodies a sense of denial and entitlement that promotes reality distortions which are currently keeping you stuck in a state of emotional distress

"Nobody accepts me, it must be because of my physical appearance which is something I can't control and therefore I am an innocent victim! It has nothing to do with my actions which are something I can control and would have to take ownership of!"

"Chad is a normie! Normies are bad because they are dumb bros, not superior moral beings like me who value intellect over superficial animalistic qualities like physical appearance! I am in a perpetual state of helplessness and it's society's fault!"
>>
>>35970495
Not him, but let's say I can relate with point 1
>You view yourself as an outsider and don't feel like you belong in society
I don't really have the other sperg behaviors, and in fact normies never treated me unfairly, it's just that I still can't feel part of this world. Even if they accept me, I still feel like I don't belong. WFT am I supposed to do?
>>
>>35970495
It is a fact that people are nicer to attractive people and take them more seriously. When people are less kind to you your whole life because you are unattractive, it takes a toll on your mental state.

Even if they don't realize, everyone is subconciously more kind, more forgiving, and less judgemental to good looking people.

Ugly people get no breaks in this world. If you mess up even a little bit, you're done.
>>
>>35968915
I actually thought I was ugly in school, until I realised I'm actually not ugly at all but rather average looking maybe even like 7/10.
My problem is that in puberty I was depressed as fuck because of my dads death and I couldn't form proper connections back then. I always thought girls didn't like me because I was ugly but in reality it was my mental state that held me back.
Right now I'm actually socially active, my only problem is that I lack experience. Also there are very few girls I get to know bc I study mechanical engineering.
So in reality it's not that important to look good, just take care of your apperance and try to get in touch with as many girls as you can. You will find someone just like yourself. Girls are not "special" they are just other people, don't be scared of them.
>>
>>35970769
one weird thing though is i've always been very respected and well-treated in work settings even though i'm ugly. i think it's because i'm tall. i guess tallness can still engender respect even if you're ugly.

though i have always felt alienated/unwanted in peer social settings.
>>
>>35970774
>tfw I had the opposite experience

I thought I was pretty good looking when I was growing up. And of course my mom always called me handsome. I thought I just didn't have a lot of friends because I was an autistic weirdo.

It was only after high school when I started going bald and I began to really evaluate my face objectively, that I realized my whole life was a lie and I'm ugly as shit. It was an extremely difficult pill to swallow. I'm still coming to terms with it.

Moms shouldn't lie to their kids and tell them they're handsome when they're not. It just hurts them more in the long run. That crushing realization in your late teens/early 20s is hell. If you've already known you were ugly your whole life it's not as bad.
>>
>>35970822
Well your mom thought you were handsome because she thought it was real.
You shouldn't trust on the judgement of women, though.
There are some ugly guys out there who are actually attractive to girls because of their social skills. It just needs some practice.
And you don't need to compare yourself to others.
Your life is subjective and if a girl falls in love with you it might be because of something you don't realize yourself.

>actually all of this doesn't matter you just need to leave your fucking home and be social, everything else will sort out eventually.
>>
>>35970955
Do you understand? There is no hope when you are a BALD, UGLY, WEIRDO. It's OVER. YOU'RE FUCKING DONE.
>>
>>35970955
>leave your fucking home and be social
Yeah, thanks faggot, that's very easy to do after years of isolation.
>>
>>35970992
Get in touch with other weird people.
Go to fucking anime conventions I don't know.
>>
>>35971020
You need to do things you don't like at first.

>life is pain
>>
>>35971020
Who told you life was going to be easy? Man the fuck up.
>>
>>35971060
It's not so much that I don't like it, it's that I don't know how.
>>
>>35971040
WOW GREAT IDEA

BALD UGLY LOSER WILL JUST HEAD ON OVER TO THE ANIME CONVENTION AND TRY TO COMPETE WITH ALL THE "QUIRKY" HIPSTER CHADS HITTING ON ALL THE QT INDIE GIRLS

DO YOU UNDERSTAND HOW SOCIAL DYNAMICS WORK

WHEN YOU ARE UGLY, IT IS GAME FUCKING OVER THANK YOU FOR PLAYING
>>
>>35971084
You learn by doing. What's the worst that could happen? Rejection? Failing to connect with others? You already feel like a useless ugly piece of shit. Is that going to get better by sitting around feeling sorry for yourself?
>>
>>35971096
Ugly is a meme. You do realize beauty is in the eye of the beholder? Some people think Amy Schumer is very attractive and others think she's ugly as dog shit. You get to decide how you feel about yourself, there is literally no objective measure.
>>
>>35971114
It's useless advice. I already get out regularly (but I don't connect with anyone) but saying
>be social
is just like saying
>bee urself :DDDDDDDDD
What's that supposed to mean? I have no friends, what should I do?
>>
>>35971158
find acquaintances, some of those might become friends over time. No one makes friends immediately. Most people find these through work, school or activities they enjoy.
>>
>>35971158
>Learn a language
>Do sports
>join vidya club
>go outside read a book
>etc.

you won't meet people right away but after a while your life will change and you will make friends eventually.
>>
>>35971140
>beauty is in the eye of the beholder
>there is literally no objective measure

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijFkcLMmSJI

WE ARE LITERALLY GENETICALLY HARDWIRED TO FIND CERTAIN FEATURES ATTRACTIVE YOU BABBLING RETARD
>>
>>35971250
And yet, people disagree about who is attractive and who isn't. If we were truly genetically hardware I would expect 100% consensus among all people. Everyone would agree on who is and isn't attractive. I have yet to see this happen.
Sure there's a genetic basis to this, there is to pretty much everything. People on this board tend to give that too much importance, however. Let's be honest here, genetics influence tendencies, they don't cause black and white truths like this.
>>
File: 1481272151107.png (39KB, 914x1091px) Image search: [Google]
1481272151107.png
39KB, 914x1091px
>>35971183
>>35971219
Classic normie advice. All of us here have heard it thousands of times, if it worked we wouldn't be here.
I get it, for you normies this is how it works, but it's not true for everyone. I can be around people but I still never get acquaintances, let alone friends.
>>
>>35971322
I'm not a normie. I'ma 21 y/o virgin.
>>
>>35971341
Then you're giving advice that is not even working for you? kek
>>
>>35971341
>21 y/o virgin.

WOOOOOOAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH

WE'VE GOT A TRUE ROBOT OVER HERE. HOLY FUCKING SHIT. 21 YEARS OLD.
>>
>>35971322
No faggot, because you try to do something new once, fail, then come back here to this bitter cesspool and have your pre-existing opinions validated by other failures.
>>
I know a handsome chad. He isn't happy with life and wants to fuck me for some reason. Go figure...
>>
>>35971367
Not just once, it's been years, my whole life really.
If all I do is keep failing, it's normal to think that something isn't right. That something would be me, and that simplistic advice can't work in that situation.
>>
Why do you even want friends? Most normies are incredibly boring, narcissistic and as insecure as your average robot. Fuck that normie "friends" shit. As for women, don't try to make friends with them just try to fuck them. They don't want to be your friend anyway.
>>
>>35971158
don't do anything, as usual.
>advice
you're a fucking clown.
>>
>>35971436
Who said anything about friends

I don't care about that. I just want to be handsome and aesthetic for my own ego. I want to be that cool "dark and mysterious" guy that people want to get to know but can't. I think it would be fun.

At the very least it would be a lot better than being an ugly loser.

Not to mention it would be easier to get a good job as we've already talked about. Life in general is easier if you're attractive. Chances are that all these normies arguing that it isn't are attractive themselves. They don't even realize how good they have it compared to ugly people. They just assume everybody is treated the same way they are.
>>
>>35971504
>wow
>such argumentation
You won, my negro.
>>
>>35971537
>its not good advice
good argument
>>
>>35969210
>victim complexes
>says the roastie who came here from tumblr
In any case, a bad personality may keep handsome men from getting a gf, but an ugly guy won't get one no matter how good his personality is.
>>
>>35971600
There's not much more to say. If many spergs try it, and none of us can get anything out of it, then it's safe to say that it doesn't work. It may work for normies, or for someone who is less fucked than robots.
>>
>>35971436
You can get good friends. It's true that most normies are boring morons, but you don't have to make friends with them. Just find someone intelligent and interesting.
>>
>>35969210
>misogynist

It's not a bad thing to be
>>
>>35968915
I dont think so OP. The only thing I want is a proper father figure.

I have no male family and it blows.
>>
>>35971641
it works for more people than it doesn't. good advice.
>>
>>35970301
Handsome people have it easier. On average they are better off in all areas of life than their ugly counterparts.
I don't know who you think you're kidding.
>>
>>35970495
That was a bit long, but true. And the sad part is how the robots replied to you - with angry denial.
>>
>>35971693
It's meme-tier shit. It can work only on someone who doesn't need it in the first place. I've never seen it work on robots.
>>
>>35971641
You're a normie, just like everyone else. There is no magical robot gene that makes you a special snowflake.
>>
>>35971796
>le true robot meme

Most robots grow up and become more normal as they approach 30.
>>
>>35971721
>on average
by what metric? there's bias in terms of first impressions. you get more opportunities, yeah. but if you're too fucking stupid to make the opportunities you have work, then why would more be necessarily better?

and having it "easier" doesn't apply to robots. they already live the easiest life possible if we are considering a single dude who stays at home all day.

hardly anyone over 18 cares about how they look. some people take care of their health and it shows in appearance, but looks don't reward you with anything in general. it's "easier" if you are just competent at what you do, whether its socializing, working, or otherwise. there are only a handful of situations where being very attractive makes you better at something, and that's where people do value how they look. your shit is just "grass is greener" logic. is your appearance linked to a disability? then it's the disability that you have trouble with, not how you look.
>>
>>35971797
How can you even say that?
>>
>>35971796
ive seen it work almost every time. anecdotes are fine, but if it wasn't good advice then it wouldn't ever get to "meme-tier shit" in your world. it applies to so many things that it's one of the most useful things to say.
>>
>>35968915
I'm a success story in that I began my teenage life as a fucking incredibly big loser and ended up with the perfect life.

>begin secondary school as a short, skinny and completely unaware of how to behave socially
>refused to make friends and stuck with the same three friends
>spent two or three years of my teens being one of those neckbeard 'im so intelligent' dickheads that nobody likes
>fawn over attractive girls but end up becoming their best friends instead while they run off with the lads who were into sport
>get to 16
>realise that I'm never going to be happy if I don't drag myself up and separate myself from my past life
>learn some humility
>get a haircut
>puberty begins to properly kick in, develop a deep and manly voice very early on
>achieved a step towards making it already
>begin to develop a squarer jaw, more masculine facial features, lose the puppyfat and get a nice set of prominent cheekbones
>at this point I'm still uncomfortable in my own skin, painfully quiet and awkward but at least more self-aware
>take a wobble when I find /fa/ and begin to be obsessed with looking like a flaming faggot
>finish my GCSEs and spend the summer doing very little as I'm still awkward and relatively friendless
>realise that being /fa/ is unattractive, start dressing like the lads who are into sports and begin to realise that to become chad I must bulk up and start exercising
>return to school after summer and immediately begin lifting
>get my hair cut short and masculine
>start forcing myself to be outgoing and extroverted
>realise that I'm actually pretty good with people and that underneath all the edgy autism I'm quite a charismatic and charming person
>push myself further and further in both studies and at gym
>run for student president (which is effectively a popularity contest) and win
>life is getting better and better
>fast forward a year and I'm one of the biggest guys in school
>begin to get female attention
>>
>>35970588

stop the cycle of idealizing others and devaluing yourself ("they're successful because they're better than me physically/I'm ugly and therefore not acceptable in society") and stop the cycle of idealizing yourself and devaluing others ("I'm intellectually superior therefore I'm not worthless!/they're all actually less valuable than me because their talents are physical and physical is bad!!!")

it's all a reality distortion based in protecting your ego
>>
>>35971901
Because it's obvious. You are simply trying to avoid responsibility.

>i-it will never work for me because I'm special! I was born a robot!
>>
>>35971936
>realise that I'm actually pretty good with people and that underneath all the edgy autism I'm quite a charismatic and charming person

same. the year that i started drinking alcohol socially i stopped being an insecure loser and realized i can make people laugh and have fun with them. i somehow picked it up without ever really practicing outside of my head.
>>
>>35968915
Their behavior would completely change. Trust me, looks are everything.
>>
File: 1491068186964.jpg (37KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1491068186964.jpg
37KB, 600x600px
>>35971956
>obvious
>implying I didn't try
>implying it didn't work because le special snowflake meme
No matter how hard I try, some things never change.
>>
>>35971936
>get eye-fucked a lot by the younger girls
>still not got many friends at this point so I don't go out, don't have the chance to meet them
>decide that to further push myself I need to extend my social circle
>begin befriending the 'chads' I used to hate
>realise they're actually much nicer than my friends
>begin to understand that it's been me that was the problem the entire time
>at this point in the year we are also sending off applications to uni
>manage to get into the best university in the country through hard work and effort
>now have a very attractive body, a 8/10 face, and great prospects
>begin going out with new friends
>number of lasses I shag goes from 0 to 5 in the first 2 months (my mind at this point is blown because I used to think of sex as a holy grail, and was now coming round to the idea of sex being casual and something I expect rather than have to work for)
>bang a few more girls and have an excellent time with my mates
>get onto my town's swimming squad and train there 3 days a week, one of the fastest on the team
>at this point I'm happy but still dissatisfied because I haven't been able to secure a girlfriend
>feel the pressure from family and other people
>my brain is still wired as a virgin /r9k/ user so a lot of girls that are potentially interested I ignore or I'm too stupid to escalate anything
>one day meet a perfect qt
>she's smart, natural and exactly my type
>fall in love
>through the power of chad I manage to power through the autism and ask her out
>fast forward to now and we're in a happy relationship, she adores me
>feels surreal that I started my teenage years as a complete nobody and have ended up one of the most popular guys in school
>life literally couldn't be better
>finish my a-levels in a few months and then I'm going travelling around Europe with gf over the summer

Just wanted to share my story from zero to hero.
>>
>>35972073
How did you try and what happened?
>>
>>35972251
I tried especially when I was younger, first of all I was still going to school so I was around kids my age all the time, and also I tried playing some sports but I was never good at them. I never got bullied or rejected, but I could never fit in either.
Even now, many years later, it's still the same shit. I don't hate normies like many robots do, I know that they're not "the enemy" and that they're not plotting to humiliate me or shit like that.
At new year's eve I went out to a pub with my cousin and some of her friends. It wasn't a bad experience, I got drunk and at some point, somehow, I even started chatting with two guys I never met before, I think it was about Putin and Syria, my inner sperg must've come out...
But the thing is, there's always the feeling that I'm out of place, and I didn't make new friends or anything like that. And another problem is that since my cousin doesn't live in my same city, I see her once or twice a year, so I can't even do this more often. Like I said, I know that the problem is inside my head, but I can't just be more social or shit, it just keeps failing.
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.