[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I really wish I'd never been exposed to the romance genre

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: FOURMOONS-master1050[1].jpg (92KB, 1050x591px) Image search: [Google]
FOURMOONS-master1050[1].jpg
92KB, 1050x591px
I really wish I'd never been exposed to the romance genre or really romanticism in general.
Probably the most unhealthy and dangerous concept for this generation.
>>
First of all, it's existed long before "this generation". Second, there's a reason it exists in the first place. There's a reason you find yourself attracted to the concept. Obviously the reproductive process isn't based around JUST forming a baby but keeping a tribe together through emotional bonds to help keep a tribe succeeding in survival through teamwork and cooperation. Romanticism is a combination of this drive and another drive that has since developed that is related to one's desire to develop a sense of self and a place for that self that is special.

Maybe you should accept who you are and accept what things give you drive and inspiration and use them to accomplish things instead of letting a bunch of shallow people dictate that you should feel bad about who you are.
>>
>>35962231
Why you so nice holy shit
>>
>>35962266
Because if you look deep inside you'll find that cooperation and the ability to form close bonds and work together as a collective is what got the human race as far as it has. That's not to say that individuality does not serve its purpose, but it's important to realize humans (and other animals as well) have emotions for a reason.
>>
>>35962231
it's a dangerous concept for this generation specifically because everything is still romanticized while at the same time, sexuality is becoming something that is supposed to have fewer and fewer rules. we are still told that the ideal is true love but we see constant messages reinforcing the concept that casual sex is a legitimate pastime, that loyalty is not as important as following whichever impulse makes you happy in the moment and that commitment and working toward strong, healthy and lasting relationships isn't as valid as being free to leave for the next attractive thing that catches your eye who you just happen to "click with naturally." the conflicting conceptualizations of sex and love are destroying people and leaving them lonely, broken and bitter.
>>
>>35962348
It's as simple as choice. If you choose to be idealistic, do that. If you choose to seek pleasure, do that. Do what works for you and stop caring what concepts are dangerous like it's some evil conspiracy to control your mind. Control your own god damned mind. Create your own values and accept others.

If something is "destroying you" that's your problem and that's something you should address and figure out a solution to.
>>
>>35962486
you can control your own actions but you can't control anyone else's. if 90% of the people your age have no loyalty and think fucking people they just met is a perfectly reasonable choice, then it doesn't really matter what you "choose" because that rules out 90% of potential partners.

i never said anything about evil or conspiracy. i explained why being a romantic idealist in this generation is undesirable.

i can't "create my own values and accept others" as potential mates if our values are completely incompatible. it's not like i care what they do with their own lives but it limits my own "choices."
>>
File: Slaughter_of_the_Soul.jpg (50KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughter_of_the_Soul.jpg
50KB, 300x300px
>>35962557
Although the thing about being a romantic idealist is that, independent of generation, a bleeding heart is always going to bleed. I've accepted this quality of mine and have come to terms with who I am. It's a gift and a curse and a way, but I enjoy the gift because it has lead me down a road that is my own and one that has lead me to some rare fruits that many will never enjoy because they turn around too quickly. I've been lucky enough to find a few companions on the way.

Don't get me wrong, I lament the status of some souls out there. It's a slaughter. A slaughter of souls, so to speak.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.