[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey robots, I've saved something like 5.5k $, never worked,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: autism.jpg (57KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
autism.jpg
57KB, 900x900px
Hey robots, I've saved something like 5.5k $, never worked, currently 19, no college debt here (European)
Is this a good amount of money? I have no data at all to make a comparison

Pls no bully, I'm a robot too, but not yet a neet
>>
File: 1489071569217.jpg (94KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489071569217.jpg
94KB, 601x508px
>tfw fellow robots ignore you for the first time
>>
I feel you

Native American anon, Canada, so free university cuz muh reparations

20k in bank account, not a full neet either
>>
>>35957061
>20k
Huh that's way more

But hey, I don't even have a family house here.
You may be a Native American, but my family has been migrating every 2 generations, so no "muh inheritance" either
>>
>>35956712
Which country exactly?
It is a difference if we speak about Belarus or Finland.
>>
>>35956712
work your ass off and get yourself 50k in 4 years
very achievable if you live at home and dont do anything stupid
its shit getting to your later 20s and not having enough money to do anything with your life, half the problems people talk about on here can be cured with money
>>
>>35957385
I was (oddly) born in Italy
I'm still here, but I'll move just like my old generations used to do
>>
>>35957469
Huh well, later 20s are something less than 10 years away, I'll surely have a job by that age
You'd be surprised how much 5k is for a college student here
>>
>>35957475
If you want to study spend it for this. You could also study abroad if you are interested.

If you dont want to study save it until you are in a really (and I mean REALLY) shitty mood to cheer you up or even to start a new life instead of committing suicide.
>>
>>35956712

I've got $50,000 and am 19, mostly self earned/studentbux/bursarybux/scholarshipbux. Most the burgers apparently have less then $1000 in savings so thats very good.
>>
>>35957619
Woah, that's a nice advice, surprised to read it on the modern r9k
Anyways, yup, after my 3 years degree I'm planning to move either Northwards or directly abroad to continue my studies or just to work (I'm a CS student)

>>35957663
Yep well, I feel like 5.5k without any inheritance atm, considering my surroundings too are pretty high for a 19yo college studend who never worked. It's relative as usual ^^
>>
5k USD will keep a roof over your head, food in your stomach and internet / phone and appliances going, all in relative poverty for about 4 months in most places. It's not a lot of money really, no. But it is more than most people even ten years older than you have to sit on, so consider not blowing it on alcohol and drugs and anything else like that and trying to use it as a cushion for savings
>>
Where tf did u get it?
>>
>>35957787
Didn't your parents/relatives give you money during your childhood?
We've been migrating but we're mid-upper/mid class here
>>
File: 8569279110_88e5de8ae2_b.jpg (87KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
8569279110_88e5de8ae2_b.jpg
87KB, 1024x683px
>tfw have $55k AUD in the bank

I'm literally richer than all of my friends and most adults at the age of 22

And yet I still want nothing. Bank won't even let me invest yet.
>>
>>35957835
>tfw have 5.5K $

I'm literally richer than all of my friends and most adults at the age of 22 too

Made my night, the keks
Prices are pretty low here, lovely low life cost
>>
>>35957827
No, probably most people don't have families like that
>>
>>35957875
Yep, that's what I've noticed
That's the only reason I have 5.5$
Saving literally everything I'd have something around 7-8k atm
>>
>>35957719
Yeah the modern /r9k/....
I think your plan should work if you get your major. But dont take my word for granted ask people from the countries you are interested in living what the conditions are to work there and what the worst case scenario is like and decide based on these information.
>>
>>35957943
That's what I'm doing
The worst option would be spending more time working here after my major (and higher ones), so I think I'll be fine
CS here is still fertile and often mid-high mid level (with plenty of low/mid level options to make random money)
>>
>>35958022
Yeah thats the same I am thinking. You should do better than the average person with a middle-tier education.
>>
>>35958156
Well huh, I'm already fine then, sooo much
>>
>>35956712
Uhh guys, I'm a neet WMAF hapa. My dad also has other full white kids. What are my chances at any inheritance??
>>
>>35956712
>Is that a good amount of money

No, I worked twice a week part time since I was 14 and had more than 30k saved by the time I was 19 working more often in the summers when I was off school. I could easily have earned more and saved more but I spent a fuck load of money on stupid shit cuz I was young.
>>
>>35958287
>I worked
I stopped reading there (not really)

Just read the post, working doesn't count, or I'd have been rich now
>>
File: peekachu.jpg (18KB, 286x200px) Image search: [Google]
peekachu.jpg
18KB, 286x200px
>>35958240
50%. He'll favor one or the other, for sure. But don't buy into the self-hating hapa bullshit. It's just as likely to be you as whitey
>>
>>35958304
>working doesn't count
What do you mean? Thats how earning sheckles work. You have to work for it.
>>
>>35958360
I was asking about savings saved without having ever worked
(If you worked, it doesn't count as an answer to my question)
>>
I just want to win the lottery and live off that for the rest of my life without spending too much

Is that really too much to ask
>>
>>35958382
But why shouldn't this count?
Yeah you could get your money from relatives as gifts and thats fine but does working for your money make your savings less valuable?
>>
>>35958469
Because I've never worked and the comparison I'm looking for is about people who never worked
>>
>>35958382
What the fuck does it matter if the money was just given to you? You're basically just asking
>How much disposable income did your family give you ?
>>
RICHFAGS LEAVE NAO

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>35958537
You literally couldn't pay me to leave.
>>
File: 1478133678386.jpg (7KB, 250x220px) Image search: [Google]
1478133678386.jpg
7KB, 250x220px
>>35958343
Thanks man. It's funny how strong the self hate meme is concerning hapas. I'm really just too autistic to hate myself, even though it's fairly obvious my dad prefers whitey. Luckily for me there are tons of outdoor survival videos online for when I'm inevitably kicked out. I will fight the fight of my ancestors, brother!
>>
>>35958560
I worked and studied hard for 5 years after turning 18

>less than 2k in the bank

I didn't sign up for these feels
>>
>>35958496
You shouldn't compare yourself to people who haven't worked that is just not fair. You wouldn't look at people who have insanely rich parents because you know that they have more money without working for it. Instead you should look at people who have around the same amount of money as you do to see what they did with the money to get an inspiration. But that is just my opinion.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.