[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will be taking acid soon with the hopes of gaining a new perspective

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: microdosing_week_1.jpg (413KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
microdosing_week_1.jpg
413KB, 1200x630px
I will be taking acid soon with the hopes of gaining a new perspective on life. Do any of you have advice?
>>
Acid doesnt teach you anything you don't already know
Mind expansion is snake oil sold by conmen like tim leary
>>
>>35951009
Would it not make me appreciate the things I already understand?

Have you ever used LSD?
>>
File: 1489774400369.png (450KB, 500x619px) Image search: [Google]
1489774400369.png
450KB, 500x619px
>using drugs to gain insight

Holy shit only retarded hippies and normies think that works. If you can't look at things from another perspective already then you're stupid.
>>
go into it with an empty mind, expecting to recieve nothing. it short circuits your brain so it has to fill in missing visual data, and fucks with your memory recall function. Most of what's experienced as a realization is just the euphoria of your brain being fucked combined with not knowing who you are and then accepting that point. Sometimes it changes people, but if you're looking for a wunderdrug that solves your life and motivational issues you have bigger issues that only you can fix.
>>
>>35951033
Yes i have used multiple psychedelics multiple times and It will only make you appreciate things while you're on the drug. Anything you feel that LSD or Shrooms or Mescaline or whatever teaches you will only last for as long as you continue to use them. The insights don't last.
I'm not saying don't do them, but dont expect them to forever change your life.
>>
>>35950784
Listen to Shpongle - Nothing Lasts But Nothing Is Lost

The deep echoes will suck you into the tracks
>>
Should I approach this from a different angle, then? Maybe I'll focus more on remembering what happened during the trip so I can write about it or do something creative with it. To be honest, I didn't really think I'd get some kind of profound insight from the experience but I thought it would at least give me a new perspective on things I already understand. Some people say they've come out of acid feeling more motivated to make a change and I'm wondering if that actually happens or not.
>>
>>35951165
You can't really expect anything out of an acid trip. You have to keep an open mind and let the acid take you where it wants to. You cant force it to give you anything.
>>
>>35951212
Thanks, that's actually the best advice I've gotten yet.
>>
>>35950784
get a good tripsitter
>>
>>35951081
Don't listen to this guy. The insights and new appreciation for life are long lasting aftereffects for most users.
>>
>>35951227
I've got two friends on Steam who are familiar with drugs. One is familiar with psychadelics specifically and the other is familiar with weed, would that be enough?
>>35951257
Seems to me like people have very different experiences, and the robots responding to me are some grade-A projectors. I never said I wanted to become Terrence McKenna after tripping once.
>>
>>35950784
Anon let me give it to you straight

LSD and psychedelics induce "loose associations", a symptom of schizophrenia. This is their purpose. It gives you disorderly thoughts and makes you feel like you're making big revelations

99% of these are nonsense. The ONE revelation is the value of empathy. LSD is an empathogen and it makes you feel TONS of empathy. For your pets, your family, your lamp shade. Etc. It's weird

Grasp onto this and remember it
>>
>>35951227
>>35951212
good advice

>>35951165
writing is a good idea. Takes notes during and flesh them out afterward.

My advice: take more than you think you should. The correct dose for a newbie is "uh oh, I think I may have taken too much." You want to put yourself at its mercy. If you still retain enough autonomy to resist, things can get ugly. Just surrender.
>>
acid is kinda gay honestly. ive done it so much its kinda just eh now. it just gets annoying and all the shit that seemed profound on it before isnt. you get used to the mindset and realise it just makes you so retarded that you think minor stuff is cool. ive done heavy doses, microdosed through normal days, all kinds of shit. ive probably eaten like 100 tabs. it gets kinda boring. your first trip is really damn cool though. after that you get diminishing returns. have fun and dont break your brain. keep xanax or another benzo on hand if you can. 1-2 bars should kill the trip totally if you need it. work through the negative thoughts but dont fixate on them. keep happy things near in case you need them. also be prepared to stay up for at least 12 hours after dosing. it takes me like 3-4 bars to sleep. it is stimmy as shit.

>>35951227
no its better alone or with one friend that has good conversation and is on it too
>>
>>35951300
More good advice, thanks. I have 150ug. Should I get more?
>>
>>35950784
I wish i could do drugs. Shame i live in a small shithole without dealers.
>>
>>35951440
you live in the internet age get creative kiddo
>>
Stare into a mirror while you peak. It works wonders
>>
>>35951070
Y0u're on r9k.
>>
>>35951296
I'm not the OP, but what if I don't feel the empathy in the trip how will it look then? Empty? Demons?
>>
>>35951440
Find 'em online. Real cheap.
>>
>>35950784
Acids fun to get fucked up on but it won't teach you anything you don't know.
>>
>>35950784
>Don't eat before or during the trip
>Prepare water, a few joints if you smoke, gather headphones and charge all devices
>Take care of all responsibilities and ensure nothing will come up
>Avoid heights and verbal communication
>Enjoy the ride

Highly recommend a nature setting.
>>
>>35951326
Not him but 250 is my favorite dose. 150-200 would be an excellent starting point.
>>
>>35951500
some stuff like gummies and fruit is amazing to eat on acid. also weed on acid is kind of a bad idea it can amplify negative thoughts and paranoia. verbal communicatiin on it is really fun too if it isnt with people who would go crazy over you tripping. i can act more sober on acid than alcohol
>>
>>35950784
Watch hypnos while on it
>>
>>35951626
I always feel sick when eating or drinking anything, never tried fruit though. Grass amplifies all the positives in my experience and talking to people absolutely fucks it for me.

I always feel like my face is doing weird stuff too, like moving unintentionally so seeing other people makes me paranoid. Definitely top of my recreational hobby list though.
>>
>>35951009
I sort of agree with this guy, don't expect it to completely change your life. It will be useless unless you're doing other things to try to change your life.
That having been said in my experience it has helped me get by social anxiety. For example lots of times when I make plans with people i start to think about the times I've embarrassed myself in social settings and end up blowing it off because I'm too nervous to follow through. LSD seemed to help me realize that everyone has embarrassing moments and most people wouldn't care if I did something stupid.
I'm not a scientist and this is just my personal experience...
>>
>>35951733
im taking a break from it since it lost the magic from spamming it so much. it might be cool again after 3-4 months. all my friends that live close atm are straightedge and it isnt as fun to do alone but i do it anyways. i usually end up making music or playing rythm or exploration games or dota or reading math stuff on wiki until i get exhausted and take xans and sleep. last time i did it i got extremely dizzy and had high heart rate and lost coordination and got really fucked up like 9 hours in. i took 4 bars and went to bed. next day still felt off. it went away within 24hr. was really scary. i thought i was having a stroke or something and might actually die. but i didnt care and didnt call 911 and just took xans and lied down while listening to calm tunea and fading to black.
>>35951824
most major thing it did for me is make me realise everyone is totally human and fumbles through life too. all of these people we see as pristine aren't, and you can work to be a great person too if you want. how really minor or easy things can make a huge change. these things were a thought before but its way more clear now
>>
>>35951890
That's a good way of putting what it did for me too. By forcing me into a mindset where I couldn't even remember my insecurities it made me realize my insecurities were just silly.
Earlier OP also mentioned that some people have greater motivation after taking it which I've also true.
>>
- Tip one get into the mind set that what ever you see it is you that is doing and it was your choice to drugs it will give a sense of control should things feel bad. Tip 2 try and surround yourself in bright colours/ nature you will get good feels. Tip 3 music can set the mood and speed of visuals, trance music like Suduya is good :) Tip 4 if your with other people spread good vibes between urselfs and raise each other up.
>>
Don't worry about a tripsitter, as long as your set and setting is strong it won't be as bad some people make it out to be. Get a list of fun stuff that you wanna do/watch, make sure you have music prepared, and make sure that you have all of your responsibilities taken care of BEFORE you trip - because you won't want to deal with monotonous bullshit when you're tripping. Your mind will be moving at what feels like incomprehensible speeds - its an effect that feels really hard to deal with initially, almost like a weed high on steroids in terms of the mental space (at least from my experience). Because of this, verbal communication is usually pretty hard, so if you don't want someone knowing that you're tripping, don't even bother trying to talk to people. That being said, I'm not a super social guy, but I really found magic and meaning in psychadelics when I tripped with my friend for the first time. For the first few times while tripping by myself, I really found that I couldn't actually process the experience well enough to focus on any type of thought pattern too well. I've gotten better at doing this as my experience expands, but having someone else tripping with me really helped me flesh out the ideas that I had while tripping and actually gain a new perspective like what you're trying to do.

Psychadelics haven't 'changed' my life per se, but they've undoubtedly changed the way I approach sober life and thinking. The only way that you can expect acid to make a serious change in your life is if you go into the experience with that specific intention planned out sober. Treat acid like a spiritual experience, because thats what it is. I absolutely hate people who go into the experience looking to just get fucked up - because psychadelics are not the drugs for that.

Good luck man. Don't smoke weed unless you're ready for stuff to get really intense. I smoked a joint on the tail end of my comedown on my first trip and I felt like I was peaking again.
>>
>>35951318
this. Tripsitters fucking piss me off on acid unless they're REALLY good at what they do. It just feels like they're coddling you and forcing you to do things, or do things in a way that you don't want to do. Psychadelics are AMAZING with another person who's tripping. It really lets you see how the other person's mind is working.

>>35951296
While I do agree, and a lot of what the psychadelic experience is is your body and mind reeling at the intense input - there's also a lot of value in psychadelic mind states. You know how people say marijuana has helped them see the world in a completely different light just by the conversations they've had while their mind is racing? Yeah, well acid is like that x100. A lot of the shit going through your mind is nonsense and pretty much everything seems ultimately more profound than usual - but that being said, I've had some seriously important revelations and thought processes that have come from psychadelic states that change the way I interact with the world in a sober state. And I know that this is the same for many psychadelic users, not just myself.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.