[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any robots listen to Jordan Peterson? https://www.youtube.c

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 9

File: 1489103420246.jpg (109KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489103420246.jpg
109KB, 540x960px
Any robots listen to Jordan Peterson?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8GSf5cYCvE

That might be useful to robots

He's not primarily a self-help guy, but he talks about philosophy mainly.
>>
He did some bit on the 'metaphysics' of pepe, and I just cannot take him seriously after that. Smug pseudo-intellectual.
>>
File: 1479608392119.png (16KB, 958x660px) Image search: [Google]
1479608392119.png
16KB, 958x660px
>>35948444
>entire opinion of somebody is based off of one video he made

wew lad

Peterson is pretty great, I'm working my way through his maps of meaning lecture right now.
>>
File: netsurf.png (30KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
netsurf.png
30KB, 200x200px
>>35948367
Used to but after Sam Harris ripped him apart I can't see him as anything other than an intellectual hack proficient in sophistry
>>
File: 898987.jpg (203KB, 981x819px) Image search: [Google]
898987.jpg
203KB, 981x819px
He's fun to watch.

>>35948495
(((Sam Harris)))
>>
>>35948521
>(((Sam Harris)))
ah never mind
you're a poltard
>>
>>35948492
How many of his videos do I have to watch, before I am entitled to an opinion of him?
>>
>>35948444

the title is tongue in cheek, anon
>>
>>35948495
How did Sam Harris rip him apart?

That whole first interview was them two getting into a rut about how they defined truth, to which Peterson quickly sidelined by calling truth in stories wisdom
>>
File: 1486643823264.png (310KB, 474x438px) Image search: [Google]
1486643823264.png
310KB, 474x438px
>>35948540
but peterson is a prophet of pol you cunt
>>
>>35948444
If there was any one video that made me respect him less it was that is this a picture of Muhammed video

It was quite autistic
>>
File: whatdidhemeanbythis.png (763KB, 1366x659px) Image search: [Google]
whatdidhemeanbythis.png
763KB, 1366x659px
/pol/ kiddies like him because they wish he was his dad
>>
File: 1471361990474.jpg (4KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
1471361990474.jpg
4KB, 320x320px
>>35948558
>truth in stories wisdom
Peterson
in some deranged way
tried to define truth in some moral framework
He believed that good/best outcome equals truth

It was honestly painful hearing him talk on this and when Sam Harris was finally able to get a semi-clear representation of what Peterson's point was

He presented some simple analogies to test Peterson's idea's which obviously didn't stand well

Then he just waffled and wiggled his way out of admitting the sheer ludicrous nature of his "truth" so he said he was tired and left

That talk ultimately lost any respect I had for him
>>
>>35948495
pls link me to the sam harris bit
i'm curious
>>
>>35948692
My personal problem with Peterson is that anyone can draw a common thread from old myths if they really tried to, every story in that sense is purely subjective in terms of interpretation, so how you can spot any solid foundation of what is universally right or wrong from every story ever seems far-fetched

However, Sam Harris did try to do the same thing from a scientific perspective if you remember, and he got btfo by an Oxford student and he has been very quite on this theory of his

I think Peterson is basically trying to understand what makes certain stories become to be viewed as good in near unanimity as opposed to others, but maybe putting an almost metaphysical spin on it doesn't fit
>>
>>35948847
>pls link me to the sam harris bit
https://youtu.be/p8TDbXO6dkk?t=3098
>>
>>35948847
wrong link my bad
this is it
https://youtu.be/1gdpyzwOOYY?t=3607
>>
Currently obsessed with JBP

I've never encountered anyone on Youtube with such integrity and intellect

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7E_4c_s9y8
>>
>>35948541
until you know what you're talking about
>>
meme philosopher who is pretty cucked

Way to egalitarian for my taste
>>
>>35949321
From reading >>35948692
I can already tell what kind of guy he is, and why he is so popular with the 'alt-right'. You aren't smart enough to see the circular reasoning he uses to make his 'good things are good' claim, which seems so profound to you. "Good things are indeed good, I've always thought that myself, this guy is the greatest philosopher ever, he said exactly what I was thinking".
>>
Pseudo-intellectual that has garnered a recent following
>>
>>35948495
This whole truth debacle made me respect him less, the second talk was pretty good though and I found him at times more reasonable than Harris.
>>
>>35948692
truth and fact aren't the same thing

and accepting universal moral goods as true leads to a better world regardless of how that gels with autistic atheist fundamentalism
>>
>>35949549
>based off of a caricature of Peterson's position in one debate he had about one topic I can see that Peterson is a charlatan.

Why do you feel the need to be so intellectually dishonest, you're obviously not stupid. I'm not even kissing his ass like he's the greatest "philosopher" of all time or anything, I just think he has interesting things to say. If you ever have the time watch his lectures at least, they're very captivating (though they're pretty lengthy).
>>
>>35948444
>>35948495
>>35948692
>he isn't right about everything so everything he has to say is irrelevant
that's a pretty shitty way of viewing things
>>
>>35950371
You haven't refuted anything. If it is a caricature, the show how it is a caricature. Correct the poster.
>>
>>35950440
This comment sums up half the thread, Peterson's lectures are golden to me even if he isn't the perfect messiah intellectual.
Jesus christ the autism on here is unfathomable
>>
File: jordanpetersonsredpill.png (310KB, 615x662px) Image search: [Google]
jordanpetersonsredpill.png
310KB, 615x662px
Black pill is stuck in my throat and he's trying to apply the Heimlich maneuver.
>>
>>35950511
I'm asking about your blind acceptance of someone else's opinion as fact, whether intentionally or not. Whether the summary of the debate is a caricature or not is actually irrelevant. Stop avoiding the question. I guess what annoys me about your comments is that you're preaching against something you don't actually understand, which incredibly arrogant/ignorant.
>>
>>35950631
I'm listening to him right now and feeling excitement eating away at the black pill right now
>>
>>35950794
What I get from this is that you cannot actually refute anything the other poster said. All your post amounts to is posturing about your supposed standards of scepticism.
Which is incredibly dumb, as there is no reason why anyone would outright lie about an exchange while at the same time, providing a link to that exchange.
>>
Has anyone done his self help program? I am afraid of filling it out, in case somebody reads it.
>>
>>35948692
You haven't read Nietzsche
>>
yes I really enjoy before him I heard these ideas
>>
File: Ariel.jpg (188KB, 1600x959px) Image search: [Google]
Ariel.jpg
188KB, 1600x959px
>>35948444
>4chan / reddit / tumblr has a big influence of Zeitgeist
>people on the internet find it silly academics would write papers about that topic
>(instead of the 20's analysis of some niece subject in relation to Heidegger)
I never understood why people undemine that sort of research.
Just because Pepe or other memes are literally memes, doesn't mean it's not a valid means on forms of communication that have a real impact.
Richard Dawkins even coined the word "meme" decades ago.
>>
>>35951476
You haven't watched the video, you don't know what you're talking about. I can't comprehend this for you. Watch the video. Make your own opinion out of it. My god you're so incredibly stupid
>>
>>35948444
honestly he did a good job of pointing out the fundamental issue people were having. all of us have seen a thousand pepes and me personally I only saw a few hitlers so we already knew, although I wouldn't have been able to put as fine a point on it.
>>
I saw him talk IRL a few weeks ago. It was pretty amazing.
>>
>>35951702
I am not going to waste my time watching every video on youtube.
>>35951594
Memorizing the DnD lorebook is no substitute for making sense. In the video he tries to substantiate his ideas by referencing various folklore and his interpretation of these.
It is like some guy insisting that a character in a video game is actually a representation of the Greek God Apollo, and he can tell things, because the rooster was used as a sacrifice to the son of Apollo, and when we are introduced to this character, the the sun appears bright on the screen and as we know, Apollo was seen by the Greeks as the Sun itself and so on and so forth.
Completely vapid.
>>
>>35950631

OH SHI-

He fucking nailed it. Oedipal mothers are to blame for EVERYTHING that is wrong with society
>>
>>35951896
I agree with you. I don't understand how this guy has a tenured position. What he talks about might be interesting, but doesn't sound like something you would teach as a university subject.
It seems that the university culture that he tries to fight is the same culture that allows him to teach his subject
>>
>>35951786
This

I find it pretty amazing that at the end of all of his lectures he gets a round of applause, for a simple university lecture

I go to University myself, the idea anyone at my Uni would get a round of applause for their lecture is laughable

I'm still wary that he might be making a Peterson cult, if you catch my drift

A bit like the rumours surrounding Molymeme
>>
>>35952003
Not sure why you think that. I study a stem subject and it's common curtesy at the very least to knock on tables at the end of the lecture and for professors that are very enthusiastic even to applaud.
>>
>>35950631
Thats so fucking retarded holy shit
>>
Not that much.

He explained that in another video. It's like a contract, the mother implicitly say: "You dont have to do nothing. But you have to stay."

I really like how he explain why "not to try" is actually a valid position but have its consequences just like "try way too much".
>>
>>35952099
Either it's because I go to a shit uni or a go to one in England
Thread posts: 47
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.