[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

have any of you come to the realization that you'll never

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 1

File: bojack r9k.jpg (93KB, 1200x673px) Image search: [Google]
bojack r9k.jpg
93KB, 1200x673px
have any of you come to the realization that you'll never really be happy?

hahahaha
>>
Not yet, but hey I've got a lot of years to realize it.
>>
>>35938224

I've come to the realization that my goal shouldn't be happiness, but usefulness. I wish to serve others for as long as I'm able to. I want to die with the knowledge that I gave more than I took.
>>
>>35938402
why though? i know i'm insanely narcissistic, but shouldn't life's purpose be pleasure and happiness?
>>
Ya. But I'll die in due time so it's okay.
>>
>>35938420

Pleasure and happiness are things you stumble on not a destination in of itself. People who find reliable sources of pleasure and happiness often fatigue them quickly like a finite source of food they exhaust. I am going to find my happiness by securing my pride. I don't want to be a robot anymore and am working to dig myself out of my hole. Hopefully I will reach a day where I can spite the world by not having it look down at me any longer.
>>
>>35938402
Won't that make you happy though? Making others happy?
>>
>>35938487
>Pleasure and happiness are things you stumble on not a destination in of itself

isn't that obvious though? like life should revolve around finding that happiness, be it through accomplishments or substances, right?

idek anymore man
>>
Happiness is what you make it
>>
>>35938549
what the fuck does that even mean? obviously if i could choose to be happy I would. If i was comfortable with who I was and with my situation I wouldn't be making angsty posts on r9k at 11:00 on a friday. why is it like this all the time?
>>
>>35938539

Yes it sounds obvious but when you always have the idea of bliss on your mind, you build up an expectation that reality can never match and you are bound to be let down. People are obsessed with happiness and self fulfillment, and as a result it is scarcer than ever. Our public mental health is declining because purpose in life is gone.

Society preaches this message of togetherness and how we are all important, to compensate for how little we need each other anymore with machines doing most of our work and soon all of it along with that fact that at 7 billion strong. The individual person is as expensive as ever. Our whole lives, Our ancestors dreamed of a paradise of abundance where we could live a life of leisure and exploration of the external world and internal self. And here we are at the cusp of it. But now we realise there is nothing special about either of those things. Nothing mattered this whole time.
>>
>>35938705

>as expensive

As expendable
>>
>>35938224
main lesson of pschoanalysis:
nobody wants to be happy
>>
>>35938224
I don't see the appeal of this show.
If I wanted to watch the main character ruin every nice thing they had I'd just write an autobiography.
>>
>>35938794
it's a really good robot show, trust me
>>
>>35938224
Yes. I know how to deal with that though, so it's okay.
>>
>>35938794
there's something cathartic about knowing that you're not the only one who is just a constant source of failure and that someone who was once like you made it far enough in the world to write a TV show that so accurately depicts being a fucking societal dreg
>>
>>35939073
>>35938794

the fact that it has a strong fanbase too also removes some of the loneliness and fear you feel
>>
>>35938224
at this point, if by some impossible miracle I got everything i ever wanted, I'd be too afraid that I could lose it to be happy
>>
>>35939014
No it isn't, its a show for normies who wanna be """"deep""""
>>
>>35939348
have you watched the second and third seasons you fucking herb? legitimately the best portrayal of robot life outside of welcome to the nhk.
>>
>>35939402
He's just upset because it's a popular show, which means there are undoubtedly normies running around saying OMG I RELATE TO BOJACK SO MUCH TTT______TTT SO SAAAAAD I HAVE SO MANY PROOOOBLEMS!
>>
There's nothing for me in this world so just gotta live until I finally die. I just don't want any more pain.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.