[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what's the number one key strategy to winning at chess?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

what's the number one key strategy to winning at chess? is it to always have your opponent on the defensive and be playing on their side of the board?
>>
>>35935122
Why doesn't mimicry and mirroring their every move work?
>>
>>35935122
The only truly winning strategy is to consistently out-calculate the other guy.
>>
>>35935145
i dont know does it work?
>>
>>35935145
https://youtu.be/aO1NaiofOJY
There are more copy cat traps, it's not a valid strategy.
>>
>>35935178
Bingo. Computers have been the best chess players for decades, since they out calculate people
>>
>>35935182
I feel like it would work until they get you into check. Then it's up to you after that point.
>>
>>35935122
The number one key strategy can be statistically determined and implemented as an algorithm, much like in any other game. Computers killed competition.
>>
>>35935122
Step 1: don't play chess because it's a waste of time
>>
>>35935293
i mean my whole life is kind of a waste of time
>>
These days the number one strategy for winning at chess is playing against overpowered computers and using and remembering their moves when playing against humans. Not even lying.
>>
who /lichess/ here

#1 tip for noobs is always keep your pieces protected. Chess is essentially a game of trading pieces and you getting ahead in this manner.
>>
>>35935122
S P E R G W O O D
>>
The key to winning at chess is to never play bad moves that will put you in a bad position. If you can do that the entire game you'll probably win.
>>
the most important thing to know is a comprehensive history of thousands on thousands of matches
>>
Try to gain as much space as you can with every move. Don't restrain the movement of you pieces. Don't let unguarded pieces. Don't fucking double your pawns.
>>
Be white, and have white privilege.
>>
>>35936666
nice quads

>Don't fucking double your pawns.

does that mean put them side by side?
>>
File: checkem.jpg (59KB, 800x505px) Image search: [Google]
checkem.jpg
59KB, 800x505px
>>35935122
>>35936344
>>35936400
>>35936666
Game of digits seems better than chess
>>
>>35936708
That means putting one in front of the other.
>>
>>35935122
The key to winning chess is to punch your opponent in the face.
>>
>>35936804
whys it bad?

oregon
>>
>>35935122
>what's the number one key strategy to winning at chess?

Read lots of chess books and memorize the most opening moves and gambits. It's just a game of rote memorization.
>>
>>35936836
It tend to hinder the mobility of the pawn structure.
>>
>>35936984
is it best to keep the pawns diagonally aligned?
>>
>>35937019
In most cases, yes. The defend each other that way.
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.