[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prove to me the hedonists didn't have it right. There is

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

Prove to me the hedonists didn't have it right. There is no reason to live other than self-indulgence.

Wage cucks btfo
>>
>>35921022
if you eat all the lotus it will go extinct
>>
File: 1490003165761.jpg (42KB, 720x960px)
1490003165761.jpg
42KB, 720x960px
leave me alone

Yes I'm a wagey. Im scared to do anything else. I'm scared if i quit now everyone will be even more ashamed of me. My mom cries every night and my dad just pretends i don't exist. I come home from work and i go on my pc then I sleep and go to work. Always. My mental health has gotten worse and they want to section me because of it. I don't make enough money and I'd be better off as a neet but im scared

I'm scared anon
>>
I'm a wagecuck and engage in more hedonistic activities than you virgin NEETs ever will.
>>
>>35921022
Because a life that is based on hedonism can never be satisfied. As soon as you are done with your current indulgence you move on to the next as if the previous never happened. Once you no longer can fulfill your desires you become depressed because you no longer have any reason to live.
>>
File: shwj.jpg (21KB, 234x236px) Image search: [Google]
shwj.jpg
21KB, 234x236px
hedonists don't have it right because boundless self-indulgence doesn't actually produce pleasure, it produces boredom and pathology which is just another kind of suffering

there's no 'out', anon, there's no 'good life', suffering is not something you can avoid, only minimize by engaging with it in productive ways
>>
>>35921101
how is that any different from the majority of philosophies that require constant achievement an effort toward living up to standards?
>>
>>35921092
continue slaving away while I shitpost from my bed and stay mad
>>35921101
>>35921128
NEET for 5 years now and just as happy as when I started. Living proof that this is a KEK lie designed to make you slave away and keep the masses in line.
>>
>life consists of vidya, fapping to animu, and mommy bringing tendies to basement
>I'm so happy and such a hedonist!
>>
>>35921209

being a NEET doesn't mean you engage in boundless self-indulgence

I am also a NEET and have been for years
>>
>>35921223
escapism is the ultimate form of hedonism tho
>minimal chance to get hurt cause you can decide to keep harmful things outside your reality bubble
>can always cautiously expand your alternate reality bubble if you get bored
>>
>>35921128
which is the pursuit for pleasure?
>>
>>35921298

yes, but the point is that in pursuing pleasure you discover more suffering than you would have if you simply allowed yourself to suffer insomuch as suffering is normal
>>
You forgot about enlightenment, the purest form of hedonism. Never ending bliss without withdrawal symptoms.
>>
>>35921320
hedonism is babby shit
>>
>>35921232
Not all NEETs engage in boundless self indulgance, but pretty much everyone who does is a NEET. I do what I want all day everyday and is the ultimate form of freedom, don't worry all wagecucks will be saved through post scarcity eventually
>>35921290
This. If you are bored you aren't being true to your hedonistic sensibilities. You are shackled by guilt that you aren't being a wagecuck and limiting yourself. Free yourself from all judging eyes and you will see the truest sense of happiness.
>>
>>35921074

a job shouldn't be your life. it should be part of it. and don't let your parents problems reflect on you, they're completely separate people from you.
>>
>>35921022
>his entire argument in favor of hedonism is the definition of hedonism
lmao
>>
>>35921416
Not my argument, just letting people know what it is for the people too lazy to google.

Not even making an argument, just stating it is in fact the only sensible way to live your life. Propose something else that makes more sense
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.