[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>have literally zero (0) friends >people on 4chan are too

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 14

File: 1480734280483.jpg (88KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
1480734280483.jpg
88KB, 750x750px
>have literally zero (0) friends
>people on 4chan are too aggressively sarcastic or hostile for me to connect with anymore
>have no idea how to interact with people in the real world and get nervous
>oscillate between a paralyzing sense of social paranoia and an increasing desperation for human contact
>actually looked up "how to make friends" on Google earlier today
>seems easy, one of the steps is to contact with people you used to know
>remember a guy I used to know in high school, we were both kind of weird and hung out in the arts-y circles
>send him a request on normiebook
>feeling like I've actually done something to help myself out, think about how it'll be nice to talk to another person like a normal human being again without having to feel weird about meeting new people
>couple days later see on the friend-request button greyed out
>weird, because he didn't accept it
>google it
>turns out that when someone denies your friend request you're not allowed to send them another one
Nothing ever seems to turn out in our favor, does it? I feel like I took a small step towards trying to be normal and social and to come out of my shell and it just doesn't work. I'm tired of being lonely but nothing seems to work.

It was a really small thing, but there's been so many small things and they all add up. I've talked to people online. I've tried talking to people in real life. Wherever I go I feel like I just can't connect with people. Even on 4chan, people are just so aggressive and hostile and I feel like I don't "get it" anymore.
>>
>>35918779
Lmao just be yourself faggot. Oh I forgot, you're a faggot, don't do that
>>
File: Ritsu on Bed.jpg (398KB, 756x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Ritsu on Bed.jpg
398KB, 756x1100px
>>35918779

Yeah, I agree with some of this shit. I have "friends" but I never talk to them because my interests are far too different (I grew up in a small area so everyone knows everyone). They ended up moving on. I ended up running a normiebook page on similar interest, so I talk to a lot of anons, it's not exactly the best way to have contact with people, they aren't even legitimate profiles at this point. But I get to vent and relate to people, which is near impossible to do irl. I guess that was my way of coping with the loneliness. Luckily though I've been so detached from relationships that I only need so much social activity to thrive.

It's funny, all these guys think I'm "cool" or whatever, but if I walked out my house I'd have a breakdown. Fuck, I can't even go to the store without having a panic attack before or after.

I guess I had no real decent advice on the matter, but I can feel you anon.
>>
>>35918876
I'm glad you found a social outlet besides this place.
>>
>>35918779
i agree about this place. i've pretty much given up on trying to have serious conversations here, because you never know what will set off some aggressive sperg. even more niche boards like /sci/ seem to have no shortage of people looking for a reason to get worked up. i'll probably get pilloried for saying it, but reddit really is much better about this, especially on the smaller subs.
>>
appreciate it
i know it isn't much, hell it isn't even original, but having some creative outlet to vent about shit (be it a page or a hobby) makes shit a little easier. it's hard to be "original", so i wouldn't strive for it. but best of luck anon.
>>
>>35918961
>t. just flew in from reddit
we'd like you to go back there now, thanks
>>
>>35918961
it's not the spergs that make this place impossible, no matter how aggressive they are. it's the people who have a normal social life in real life and/or have a bunch of internet friends to fuck around with (these are even worse, because they have usually the stereotypical sarcastic nasty asshole internet person personality rather than being clueless) and they treat this place like a shitpost dumping ground and place to blow off steam by telling people to kys because it's fun for them and they can't be dicks to their real friends because of actual consequences. these are people who can't fathom having no friends and they have no understanding of why someone might get pissed when they shit this place up with garbage.

>REEE
>>
File: 1489897497312.jpg (22KB, 280x186px) Image search: [Google]
1489897497312.jpg
22KB, 280x186px
>>35918779
>>35918961
if you can't handle the bantz then git out faggitz
>>
1.Set up your normiebook properly and add people you always see but also see you so you won't look like a creepy stalker.
2. 1 good way of initiating chat on fb is by saying "thanks for accepting my friend request"
>>
File: 1480083101702.png (64KB, 658x901px) Image search: [Google]
1480083101702.png
64KB, 658x901px
>>35918961
I don't really want to go to reddit either. I'm coming to terms with the fact that I use most social sites as an escape from socializing. I want to focus on "normal" sites and reciprocal relationships. I don't want to spend my time talking to people who won't remember me in 30 seconds like I do here. 4chan & co. are the social equivalent of masturbating. I'm trying to spend more time on "normal" sites like Facebook, but it's hard to do since I don't actually have friends in the first place but I feel like if I try to join another site I'll just be using it as an excuse to avoid my problems.
>>
>>35919157
what are your current circumstances in life?
>>
>>35918779
You're not alone. I can't make friends either.
>My therapist told me to join a church youth group.
>I was desperate for human contact so I went.
>The leader asked if I wanted to get coffee and talk later.
>We made plans to meet up.
>Went to the coffee shop and sat for two hours waiting for him to show.
>Sent a couple texts during that time because maybe I got the wrong place/time.
>Coffee shop closes and I drive home, stopping in parking lots to cry
>get a text the next day
>sorry I was helping a friend move lol.

How pathetic do you have to be to get stood up by another guy. Who also happens to be a church youth group leader...

Thanks OP I almost forgot about that. I'm going to go tie my noose again and practice getting used to having it tighten around my neck.
>>
>>35919224

damn, that really sucks. especially since it should be like the easiest way to talk to people.

eh, who am i kidding, i'd have a panic attack even if i tried talking to people in a church group.
>>
>>35919157
that's probably smart if you don't have another social outlet besides these sites. although i'm not sure whether spending more time on Facebook is a good idea: it's notorious for making people feel like shit afterwards. are you in school?
>>
File: 1344294862814.jpg (19KB, 500x259px) Image search: [Google]
1344294862814.jpg
19KB, 500x259px
>>35919224
It feels like the smallest fuckups are the worst. If we can't successfully engage in the most minute of social interactions like getting a coffee how are we supposed actually make lifelong friends? I had a similar problem when I was talking to someone online.

>talking to an anon, we have some similar hobbies and get along well online
>turns out he lives in the same city as me
>one day while we're talking he mentions he's bored and hanging out in a certain part of the city where I'm getting food
>"wow, really? I'm here too, wanna grab a burger?"
>feel proud of myself for being able to engage normally with someone else and trying to hang out with another person
>no response
>have to catch my bus after ~20-30 minutes before I get left behind
>he responds an hour later
>"ah... sorry anon I'm busy"
It feels like getting a coffee or a burger with someone is such a simple thing and we can't even manage that.
>>
>>35919333
>"ah... sorry anon I'm busy"

He probably was too nervous
>>
>>35919333
It always happens that way... ask someone to do something and start building a friendship. They want nothing to do with you.
>>
>>35919333
don't take it personally. you did everything right and he was probably just as uncomfortable as you. it sucks but it's not like this is the last time you can ever ask someone to get a burger.
>>
>>35919333
I get it anon, once me and a "friend" went to a restaurant near my home, then he was asking me some questions that I cheerily answered. He was one of my classmates who attended the same middle School as me , I was new in the town so my new "friend" wanted to introduce me. When we made it we talked about school and our lifes, every time I said something he just twisted his eyes like not giving a fuck about what I was saying. Finally he told me that he was going to the toilet and Left me behind. I had to pay for his food.
>>
>>35919547
Since that day whenever I asked someone to hang out nobody wanted
>>
>>35919526
Yeah, it's possible. It just feels like every time I try to take a step in the right direction towards being normal I get shut down. I just wish I could engage in the normal day-to-day interactions of human beings. I want to be a person like other people.
>>
>>35919333
>on a smallish local online forum
>post pretty regularly
>eventually they decide to have a meet up
>say I'll go
>nobody shows up
>oh
>find out they all communicate with each other through private messaging, IMs, facebook etc
>I'm one of the longest registered, more active posters and I had no idea
>they're basically all best friends, even the newer guys
>I was just that guy they don't know who posts a lot
>I start to realize some of them dislike me for over-stepping my bounds as a 'stranger'
>tfw a loser even on online forums
>>
">people on 4chan are too aggressively sarcastic or hostile for me to connect with anymore"
yeah, I came here because I heard this was a community for outcasts. but all you people seem to do is shit on eachother and self pitty. It's no wonder so many of the guys here are NEET
>>
>>35920426
most people come to 4chan specifically because they heard it's THE place to shitpost and be a massive dickhead, I'm surprised you had different expectations
>>
File: received_1247273412060273.jpg (13KB, 307x283px) Image search: [Google]
received_1247273412060273.jpg
13KB, 307x283px
>>35920426
If you're an outcast you're obligatory a NEET
>>
File: 1024px-Hikikomori,_Hiasuki,_2004.jpg (154KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
1024px-Hikikomori,_Hiasuki,_2004.jpg
154KB, 1024x768px
>>35920462
I always have the thought that the vast majority of /r9k/ users are like this, cringy neckbeard weeaboo isolated retarded fedora guy
>>
>>35920452
I've seen screenshots of some of the feels threads here, ya'll seemed to treat eachother a little nicer when you talk about shitty things that happen to you. robots are robots i guess
>>35920462
I'm in college, so no
>>
File: 1479334188206.png (1MB, 781x904px) Image search: [Google]
1479334188206.png
1MB, 781x904px
>>35918779
get a job. you don't have to be friends with any of your coworkers just practice interacting with humans. if you're lucky you might make a friend at work, or at least become a bit more confident and find other ways to make friends. It's not really the answer you're looking for but it's about taking small steps, making friends is hard for us robots
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-31-01-56-19.png (110KB, 800x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-31-01-56-19.png
110KB, 800x1280px
>>35920533
C'mon... You attend college you can't be so casted out or rejected
>>
>>35920585
Why couldn't you be an outcast in college? I went to college, literally nobody was interested in being my friend then either.
>>
>>35920585
I interact with the people here so little I might as well not be in college. the only people I ever talk to were people who did drugs with me, and now that I have no money we don't talk anymore. I just spend all day on my other shitty image board site, sleeping, and trying to find new ways to pass the time
>>
>>35920554
This

I worked with a relatively small group of mostly middle aged women and while I couldn't really connect with anyone it helped me develop a lot of important social skills and my confidence. When I went to uni after 1.5 years of working I had absolutely no problem making friends.
>>
>>35920627
>>35920606
You say That you attend college so I can assume at least you socialize a little bit with people because it's obligatory and you have no choice. Maybe a teacher or an acquaintance... For you to call yourself an outcast you'd have to spend almost all your days closed In your room without anyone to talk to and anyone to recognize your existence
>>
>>35920695
It's quite possible to attend college and not speak to anybody at all on a daily basis. I've just communicated with you more than I did my professors or classmates.
>>
>>35920695
i'm in a pretty weird limbo state of not fitting in with normies and not having a high enough power level to fit in with the rejects. so who's the real outcast, guy?
>>
>>35918779
>>35918779
Social skills can be learned. there are basically three ways to maintain a conversation:

React to what your partner is saying whether through acknowledgment ("oh that's interesting"), insight ("so that means ____"), or relation ("I get it -- I've been through a similar experience *go into personal story*)

The latter two are difficult for people who are just learning how to have casual conversations, so start with just acknowledgment peppered with insight. Work your way up to relation but bear in mind that most people like to talk about themselves vs hearing about you. Usually they'll only want to hear your experiences once you've established that you're nice and don't pose a threat (a lot of awkward people give others weird vibes bc their lack of social abilities make them seem unpredictable and unrelatable)

Just my two cents. I used to be very awkward too but I slowly learned. Now I get consistently told that I'm very likable and charismatic.
>>
>>35918779
>contact with people you used to know

Stopped reading there, its nothing personal OP
>>
>>35920778
Also the most important thing to remember is to be resilient. I'm reading your responses and it seems like you get discouraged easily. Don't. Everybody makes awkward comments sometimes, but people forget because nobody thinks about you more than they have to. Just go into situations understanding that people don't think about how awkward you are for hours and days afterwards like you do. Fuck up, learn from your mistake, and keep practicing. Resilience is key.
>>
File: 1490840994325.png (210KB, 464x531px) Image search: [Google]
1490840994325.png
210KB, 464x531px
>>35920820
So your definition of an outcast is somebody who is literally not acknowledged to exist at all? Anybody who posts here is probably acknowledged by their ISP or something.
>>
>>35920778
>Now I get consistently told that I'm very likable and charismatic

I'm sure your fat cunt mother tells you that every night
>>
>>35920916
you can't win good boy points with a mouth like that, sweety
>>
>>35920741
>who's thee real outcast
the actual outcasts
>>
>>35920778
You seem like a nice person, OP, which is why I think it's possible to help -- and worth helping -- you. Don't be like >>35920916, full of anger and vitriol because the world has failed them. People can sense when others are negative/disdainful, but you seem like you just want to genuinely connect with others, which is what everyone wants to do to some degree. Good luck!!
>>
>>35920989
What, you mean erased by the party? This is a weird semantic game you're playing. I'd ask you to give examples of what you're talking about but of course you can't be definition.
>>
>>35921010
I DON'T FUCKING FIT IN WITH ANYONE. NOT EVEN THE AUTISTIC RETARDS WHO WEAR ANIME SHIRTS TO CLASS LIKE ME BECAUSE I DON'T WATCH THEIR STUPID FUCKING SHOWS. I JUST WANT FRIENDS
>>
>using 4chan as a social network to find friends

People don't actually do this, do they?
>>
>>35921106
i don't fit in with anyone either.

i think that if it doesn't come naturally to you, then you have a few choices. work to be more normal and shed whatever separates you from others to the best of your ability, hiding who you really are or find people who share interests you actually have and hope that one of them also meshes with your personality or get used to being alone.

not much else to do. you're not going to suddenly wake up one day and find yourself surrounded by friends. you have to work at it if it matters to you or give up if it doesn't.
>>
>>35921212
>you have to work for it
>you have to practice
>meanwhile almost every single normie(and there are millions if not billions of them) just had the natural talent to be able to connect with other people

M8 just look at the facts, Ockham's razor, we're simply built differently than normies its not a matter of practice. Our brains are wired differently and all attempts to be normie will only end in pain, its like a tranny trying to be their biological sex, or trying to force a gay man to be straight.
>>
>>35921212
if it's so easy why don't you have friends?
>>
>>35921274
okay, then give up. not a big deal.

i did say there was a third option for finding friends, where you bee urself with your weird interests and personality and seek out people who are (hopefully) similar but if the choices for you are normie or nothing then do nothing.
>>
>>35921324
did i say it was easy? you can either try or not.

i don't try because i don't really care that much. i have accepted that i would have to put in a lot of effort to find anyone i could even remotely relate to and would most likely be disappointed with the results so i don't go out of my way.

if you want friends that much and you're currently in college, that means you're young and have a million easy opportunities to be around people so you might as well take advantage of it while you have the chance.
>>
>>35921330
I am trying this method. but It's been like a year and nothing has come of it, what is there to do?
>>
>>35921106
Is being a cyborg truly the worst feel ? Too functional to be a robot and not enough to be a normie. Stuck between words and almost nobody who can relate to you.
>>
>>35919547
Man, I got stood up today AGAIN by my classmates. The last time this happened to me was 5 years ago back in highschool and the guy was a no show after I waited for 2 hours. Here I am trying to change and make friends, but now I just want to regress back into degeneracy. I just don't see a point anymore. This is why I have a hard time opening up. Some people actually take interest in me when I'm being reclusive, but when I get out of my shell, it feels unnatural and people lose curiosity.

This summer break I was planning to spend time on deviantart until my sister's pup chewed up my wacom's cable. JUST
>>
>>35919224
>tfw thinking to join a church group even though I'm an atheist

They're the only people who will not treat me like absolute shit since they think everyone is loved by God, and also they have good values
>>
File: dd3.jpg (23KB, 250x316px) Image search: [Google]
dd3.jpg
23KB, 250x316px
>>35921106
I know that feel too well, bro. I'm losing my mind because of this.
>>35921451
It's the worst, no doubts. I can be normie enough to be around normies and not creep them out (but they probably realize that I'm weird), but I can never trully connect with them. With robots it's almost the same thing, I'm not autistic enough to watch anime, play tebletop rpgs, be a "professional atheist" and shit like that.
>>
File: 1464140407462.jpg (25KB, 482x427px) Image search: [Google]
1464140407462.jpg
25KB, 482x427px
>>35919224
I'm sorry that happened, anon. Just promise me you're not serious about necking yourself, okay?
>>
>>35921730
Maybe you could spend a little quality time with your sister instead........
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.