[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw I just spent 40 minutes pacing around my room and talking

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 7

>tfw I just spent 40 minutes pacing around my room and talking to myself

Is there something wrong with me?
>>
>>35916170
I do that literally everyday, sometimes for over an hour if something is weighing heavily enough on me. You're just a normie.
>>
>>35916170
do this all the time. my brother and mom have commented on how it's kinda weird but otherwise i'm fairly normal
>>
>>35916197
I usually have vidya and drawing to distract me from this shit but not today.
>>
>>35916170
i also do that all the time op. having imaginary conversations
>>
>>35916170
LOL no. Pacing and talking to yourself is quite normal and healthy.

You are just deluding yourself into thinking you have some kind of mental problems to excuse your shortcomings. You are just a lazy loser afraid of anything outside of your comfort zone.
>>
File: 148844.jpg (73KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
148844.jpg
73KB, 600x600px
>>35916170
- If pacing around your room talking to yourself about issues effecting you - no, there is nothing wrong with you - that is simply your way to think things out.
- If pacing around your room talking to yourself about the elves who come at night to steal all your underwear....yes....yes you are fucked and need to see a Dr. like...now.
>>
same here op, but it was only whispering.
>>
>>35916170
I had those before after really long streams of not going out not moving too much
>>
Meh, you're fine. I talk to my tulpa throughout the day and I don't think it's unhealthy or dysfunctional. Actually it gets me in a good mood and makes me not desperate for a relationship so I can only be into people who are more enjoyable to be around than my tulpa.
>>
>>35916685
How do I create a tulpa?
>>
I constantly murmur and babble to myself. Sometimes I will tell myself a funny jokes and laugh at it. People look at me like they are scared. Sometimes I wonder if I'm scaring them by babbling to me
>>
>>35916835

become autistic
>>
>>35916835
Basically... It's just like an imaginary friend... There's lost of info if you wanna google it, but I just make up a person in my mind, pretend they are there, and talk to them in my head. And after a while it just seems causal lol. It's like a fantasy or visualization excersize.
>>
maladaptive daydream, look into it
>>
>>35916170
I know that feel bro. Seriously, rain it in. It is mental sickness

>>35916999
Very much true. I might do this four a couple hours every other day, when no one is in the house and it does help clear my thoughts but I know just how insane it is.
>>
>>35916999

>read the wiki of this
>matches me 100%

holy shit, didn't know this shit was documented. glad to know I ain't the only one
>>
>>35916170
Literally me, although I'll do it much longer.

Not trying to one up at all, but I'll do it for at least 2+ hours a day that I have shit to do, and literally anywhere from half to almost the entire day whenever I'm free from school, work, etc.

I've just done it for so long and it's soooo fucking comforting. It's honestly got to the point where it fulfills any and all social need. Like I can go for a whole week (spring break) without interacting with another real human and I won't feel like I missed anything when I go back.
>>
File: 1489913087041.jpg (69KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
1489913087041.jpg
69KB, 960x960px
I do this too, get embroiled in some fantasy scenario. when the fantasy starts to die down there is a weird "coming down" feeling to it
>>
>pace and daydream until my legs nearly give out
>create several novels worth of fantasies

I wish I could write
>>
>>35917188
>I wish I could write

Seriously. I feel like I have such good ideas and potential to be a moderately successful writer. Basically pump out a few short books, publish it on Amazon Kindle, then eventually live off a steady flow of a couple hundred bucks a month, kind of like NEETbux.

I've actually got to the point where I sit down, open up my computer to start outlining ideas and stuff. Then I realize it actually requires more effort than daydreaming and give up. Fuck me.

It's like all my ideas go away as soon as I sit down, maybe I should try writing while pacing.
>>
>>35916170
I do this all the time sadly. I walk around my room, sometimes out into the hallway and into the empty living room to think about little trivia, lore, and easter eggs I'd add to a piece of vidya I'd never actually make. My parents have commented on it and I know it's not normal, but I've been doing it forever.
>>
>>35916170
sounds like autist SOP. You're good.
>>
>>35917258
>>35917258
>>>35916170 (OP)
>I walk around my room, sometimes out into the hallway and into the empty living room

Same here. I feel too confined just in my room.

It's weird, going out on walks in the world just doesn't produce the same deep thoughts for me. I guess I get distracted.
>>
>>35917294
It's the fact that you have to prepare to go outside. Get a jacket, a belt, put your shoes on. Just pacing throughout your house without having to open any doors and just think is best.
>>
When I need to get out, I walk to a nearby park and hold my phone up to my ear and pretend to have a conversation with somebody. I would talk to myself 24/7 if I were alone, but my mom is always around so I have to contain myself. I don't just mumble things or stuff like that, I imagine there's literally somebody there that's arguing with me, and I'll talk about politics or economics and shit like that
>>
>>35917408
>I imagine there's literally somebody there that's arguing with me, and I'll talk about politics or economics and shit like that

Same. I always have these deep intellectual conversations with my professors or debate with that hot SJW girl in my class and win her over.

I've honestly reached a point where daydreaming is just as, possibly even more exciting and fulfilling than the real thing.

In my daydreaming there's no bad, no aging, no arguements, or gradual fading away, no complex life bullshit. Just an easy bliss.

Why is life so fucking hard? I want easy mode.
>>
File: 1490289169016s.jpg (2KB, 125x120px) Image search: [Google]
1490289169016s.jpg
2KB, 125x120px
I always feel the need to commentate my life almost like how in the office they're always a camera man they talk to/look at its pretty weird
>>
>>35916170
I did that earlier today. I was pretending to have a conversation about fighting games
>>
>>35916170
You on riddlen? What I did as a kid when I was on riddlen, pace the hall for an hour talking to myself.
>>
File: Sketch30422345.png (148KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Sketch30422345.png
148KB, 720x1280px
>>35918007
>riddlin
>>
>>35917408
I do a similar thing, but I usually pretend that I am explaining something to someone else. I spread myself too thin when I think normally, developing multiple ideas at the same time. Going through my thought process linearly helps me straighten things out.
>>
Holy shit everyone in this thread is crazy lol, especially because you all think that this is "normie" behaviour lol. It's my first time on /r9k and while talking to yourself out loud maybe make you normal here, in the real world, you're all a bunch of psychos. Stop talking to yourselves, you psychos and start meeting actual people, goddamn.
>>
File: ithoughtbushdid911.jpg (48KB, 545x677px) Image search: [Google]
ithoughtbushdid911.jpg
48KB, 545x677px
>>35916349
>he doesn't know about the elves
wew keeping taking your pilljews and denying your lying eyes sheep
>>
File: 1468649191311.jpg (50KB, 960x719px) Image search: [Google]
1468649191311.jpg
50KB, 960x719px
I literally started talking to myself while I was homeless. Not even joking, shit started when my dad kicked me out at 22. Never did it before. Never even realized I was doing it until it was broad daylight and I was walking down the busiest street in the downtown of my city partially drunk and mumbling a nonstop thoughtstream out loud to myself. It scared the fucking shit out of me, because I had never thunk in a voice. I went back to my home country a few years before that, a cousin was asking me basically how white washed I was by whether I "thought" in our language or their language, I honestly replied that I thought in no language and just abstract thoughts because that was the truth. Then I hit my late teens and my thoughts started being in words, then I was homeless and I was saying those words out loud. Sometimes drunk, sometimes to other people, sometimes both. It was a scary fucking feel. Anyways
>>
>>35917113
it's a thought crime
read about sluggish schizophrenia it's the same but through a propaganda filter
>>
>>35916197
I don't do that. But, I have two-way conversations with different people, and usually neither of them is me. How bad is this?
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.