[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the longest you've stayed awake for before

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

What is the longest you've stayed awake for before giving into tiredness?
>>
working nightshift 3 times a week I usually try staying up for 24 hours to switch to night sleeping. I usually crash a bit for the 21 hour mark
>>
I can never make it too far past 24 hours. I think I stayed up around 27 hours and literally passed out on my couch.
>>
>>35914890

During my random bouts of insomnia I find 24 hour mark pretty easy, anything past that is pretty hellish.
>>
>>35914853
4 full days
Had to take a sleep study
Mom is a moron and thought I had to stay awake three nights when it was only one
She even kept giving me sleeping pills
By the end of the last day I stayed in a chair looking at the wall without moving for over six hours
Watched like 300 one piece episodes couldn't even see the animation just fres
>>
90 hours once and I didn't even start hallucinating. It's entirely possible that I was so out of it I started napping for a few minutes at a time without even realizing, though, so it might have been a lot less than that. Ever since then if I'm awake for more than 20 hours I'm completely nonfunctional no matter what's going on, so I wouldn't recommend it. It pretty much ruined my ability to pull all nighters.
>>
>>35914853
A little over 40 hours. That was pretty bad desu. Everything started to feel surreal, my senses warped till they became slow and wavy. That's the best way to describe it. Also, headaches.
>>
>>35914940
>She even kept giving me sleeping pills
Wait, what?
>>
>>35914974
I was on sleeping pills for a while and the study was for narrowing down why I needed them I guess
Mom is a fucking moron so even tho I was on no sleep she still have me the pills
I was too slow because of no sleeping to realize that's stupid
Best part was dad took me for pizza before we went to the study place and all I fucking wanted was to go to sleep but had to stay in that table half dead unable to even eat anything while Dad got mad and yelled because I wasn't eating my pizza
>>
File: scary.gif (272KB, 365x480px) Image search: [Google]
scary.gif
272KB, 365x480px
I've never stayed up over 24 hours before.
You guys are making it sound scary
>>
>>35914853
My record is about 90 hours
It was miserable, I don't recommend eating amphetamine tablets like theyre candy
>>
>>35915169
Your parents sound like fucking idiots. I'm glad I didn't grow up in your house. Sorry you had to deal with that, anon.

>>35915184
If you're not taking amphs to stay awake it's not really scary because you're too stupid to realize how messed up you are. If you are taking something to stay awake you'll start going into psychosis though, and that's fucking scary.
>>
>>35914853
trying to sleep after adderall being finished is horrible, you just want to chew the bleeding shit out of your cheeks and it hurts to close your eyes. idk how people even do homework to do it. its only fun if youre doing vidya.
>>
>>35915314
They booked up all worth of cables toy body and head because it was a study to measure .Y breathing patterns and I had to was with this shitty oily soap so it would stick and that oil didn't wash off for two weeks
They also made me sleep in a bed for toddlers with a race car blanket
At least they let me sleep the whole night even tho it was supposed to last 4 hours because nobody wanted to wake me up, dad slept on a couch and the doctor sneaked out and came back in the morning
That was one of the few times dad wasn't a dick
>>
>>35915314
Psychosis isn't too bad if you know what's happening to you and that it's only temporary.

I only went into psychosis a few times, usually from mixing drugs or taking a new drug for the first time. Just lay down and relax and you'll be fine. Always remind yourself that it's only temporary and it will go away.
>>
Im a doctor. When I'm in the ICU every 4 days I have to work a 30 hour shift without sleep. Usually I'll get up at 6am and get out of work around 1pm the next day, probably get to bed around 2 to 3pm. 30 hours isn't that long but doing it every 4th day really takes a toll
>>
50 hours straight camping the TLPD in WoW

I was semi-lucid when NPCscan went off (had one earphone in my ear because I slept on my side)

got him, too

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=32491/time-lost-proto-drake#comments
>>
>>35914853

I stayed up for 3 days straight playing Battlefield 4 and watching Seinfeld.

When I look at the edge of my desk, I could see a line of little black soldiers running. I was so tired that it didn't even alarm me.
>>
>>35915906

Must've been like The Indian in the Cupboard.
>>
Over a week. Amphetamine is fun. That delirious mindspace you get after a few days tweaking feels so fucking good.
>>
>>35914853
17 days with the aid of amphetamine
>>
14 days.

Heard voices and music that wasn't there. Thought I was dying, lost 20 lbs...scary shit.
>>
>>35914853
3 days awake was pretty bad, but I'd say the gross feeling of sleeping for a full week is worse
>>
File: 00056what.jpg (46KB, 320x358px) Image search: [Google]
00056what.jpg
46KB, 320x358px
Around 72 hours. That was with stimulants though.
>>
>>35914853
78 Hours when I was a young lad playing vidya hardcore
>>
>>35914853
~30 hours, 15 of which were spent driving, not too bad desu
>>
>>35914853
Close to two days when I was younger I have no idea how people can do more than that, especially after hitting your twenties, god damn.
>>
File: sponge.jpg (36KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
sponge.jpg
36KB, 306x306px
>>35914853
I can only get to 2-3 days of absolutely no sleep before I start seeing and hearing people that aren't there. I'll also feel things that aren't there and hear things like footsteps and doors opening.
>>
>>35917289

Isn't that breaking a world record? You pretty much beat Gardner, how did it feel towards the end?
>>
>>35915427
For medical professionals you guys are pretty stupid to do that to yourselves on a regular basis.

My friend works at an old folks home and they let her take naps at least.
>>
>>35914853
5 days and nights. i have horrible insomnia.
>>
Back when I was a youngin' (maybe 11-12) me and my twin sister decided to see who could stay up the longest. We both remember staying up for 4 days straight but that was 9 years ago now and I'm guessing I cheated at some point and just forgot. But actually just a month ago I was up for 89 hours straight. It was midterms time, and I had 3 midterms over 3 days (one each day Wednesday through Friday). I also work 3rd shift Wednesday through Friday. I'm taking 18 credit hours so Wed. and Fri. I have 6 hours of class, Thursday I have 9 hours of class. So Tuesday I stayed up all night to study and figured I'd just sleep the next day after classes. Wednesday comes and I finish with classes and realize I need to study for my next midterm. Finish studying (and I had a paper due that day) and it was 2 hours before I had to go to work. Figured if I went to sleep now I'd only get like 45 minutes of sleep and didn't want to risk over sleeping, so I stayed up, went to work, got off at 7, then had class from 8 AM til 5 PM straight minus 10-20 minute breaks between classes.Had to study for Fridays final then so I did that, said fuck it to sleep and was downing like a cup of coffee every 90 minutes. Went to work that night, got off at 7 and had class at 11 with my last midterm. Studied for those last 4 hours, literally so tired I would have killed a man for some sleep at this point (this was around 80 hours awake). Took the midterm, somehow did really well on it. I was so close to being home free I could taste it, just 2 more classes, but I could skip the lab, so really just had to wait 3 more hours for my final class where we had a small quiz. Went in, took the quiz, got like a 24/100 in stuff I knew pretty well (if I wouldn't have been so tired). Now at about the 86 hour mark, 5 PM Friday. I got a sudden bolt of energy for some reason and went out with my friends to eat and celebrate spring break. That took longer than expected, but got back at 8 and passed tf out.
>>
>>35917534

Well it was really almost 14 days so I don't know if it counts. I didn't do it on purpose, I just was super depressed and anxious and lost all hope for everything. Ended up staring at the ceiling for 9 hours at one point and chewing on paper.
>>
>>35914853
72 hours
I'll regularly do 24 hours without sleep though because I like the way it makes me feel
>>
>>35914853
As a kid did about 36+ hours of no sleep, not on purpose though, had a bad storm that night that kept me awake/scared. Next night though crashed hard.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.