[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I go to college or produce music? My mom works for a college

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_3502.png (52KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3502.png
52KB, 300x300px
Should I go to college or produce music? My mom works for a college and they're in a program that lets me go to colleges all over the country for free but I have to have an apartment there to do but I've been making music since I was 9 and I love producing I do it and study it just about every day for no reason.

For either thing I have to leave and get an aparment somewhere new though and it's usually near a large city which is expensive. Halp
>>
>>35914595
Go to a music engineering program at a college, simple
>>
>>35914878
The schools are like private universities and i don't need college for my music I've been doing it since I was 9. If anything I want to go college for business to run my own label or some shit.
>>
>>35914595
Even if you're really good, a music career is much less stable. I still think you should persue that, but get a degree as well just in case. Plus if you kept your love of music alive through school it would be a breeze to attend college for 4 years
>>
Pursue music full time for a year or two and if your quality of life doesn't improve, consider college.
>>
File: 95-1024x682.jpg (226KB, 1024x682px) Image search: [Google]
95-1024x682.jpg
226KB, 1024x682px
what would 'becoming' a producer even be like? moving to a large city and having an apartment? how would you be expected to accumlate any money if your work isn't already receiving enough recognition?

what makes you think they're mutually exclusive? uni just subtracts several hours from your day, but you can still develop your skills. no offense but almost nobody at 18/19 has any serious skill.

promise yourself to develop a work ethic and go to your free uni
>>
>>35914595
If you have talent creative careers are always better than being a sad wagecuck.
>>
>'wahhh I'm so fucking rich and spoiled and I dunno what to do with my sad fucking life?"

Grow the fuck OP and learn how to be an adult you underaged faggot.
>>
>>35914595
Don't go to college just to go to college. That's a dumb Baby Boomer meme. If you want to go to college I recommend a math degree. Musicians tend to have good spatial reasoning and that in turn makes them good at maths
>>
>>35914595
post your music and I'll tell you OP
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.