[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why isn't society willing to face up that many school shooters

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 3

File: 1490917841182.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1490917841182.webm
2MB, 640x360px
Why isn't society willing to face up that many school shooters have been outcast by the very people they shoot dead?
>>
It's easier to blame 1 person and write it off as an isolated incident than expect or even suggest societal change.
>>
>>35914394
Bill maher is the only major figure to point out the correlation between mass killers and unrealized adolescent sexuality and people just took it as a joke.
>>
>>35914394
nah that's a fantasy, totally narrow infantile view
>>
>>35914394
People don't owe you their acceptance or friendship, shitlord.
>>
>>35914394
I have nothing to add to this:
>>35914427

I would like to know what that video of OP is. It seems rather strange. A real school shooting? Why does one guy shoot a couple people but leave someone walking around and lets just everyone run... I don't get what I'm seeing here.
>>
>>35914574
did he say they did? wheres that cming from?
>>
>>35914585
I think this happened in Mexico. That guy casually sitting there only to have his life ended instantly.
>>
>>35914709
It did, he killed his teacher and 5 others i think
>>
>>35914455
Link?
Mariopartysucks
>>
I really don't understand the mentality among Americans that bullies should just be tolerated. The public school system does literally nothing to deter bullying. When I was growing up, if a bully actually came up and attacked someone, both the bully AND the victim would get suspended, but only if the incident was reported. The staff couldn't care less if they saw a bully jump someone. Unless you go and report it, nothing happens. Worse, the principal would paddle the bully, then paddle the victim as well. Yes, corporal punishment is legal in U.S. schools.
>>
>>35914585
maybe he planned his targets, 7 shots then tries his head. gun either jammed or he reloads. pretty pathetic how they train kids to kneel down for their death.
>>
>>35914709
Nice, when there's a school shooting in the USit makes front page news in my countries newspapers, when there's a school shooting in Mexico I have to find it on 4chan. Whatching it a couple more times makes it a little more clear.
Intersting that the shooter seems to be sitting alone, not at tables with other people. Normies really think treating people like this isn't gonna have an effect?
>>
>>35914585
It is real, apparently he only wanted some of them dead... "Fun" Fact: He made a post in a cancerous facebook group talking about his "Plan" the day before
>>
>>35914858
the assumption is that the conflict will "toughen up" the bullied party
and along this thoughtline there is the basic assumption is that the bullied party is asking for this toughening up by being weak and vulnerable
>>
>>35914858
It's legit difficult effectively deal with bullies. If you come down too hard on the bully you'll just drive them to be more clever in hiding their bullying to avoid getting caught, and if you just throw them out of school entirely they'll probably just become a criminal.
>>
>>35914766
What? He only killed that 1 kid and himself. Watch the video again. Everyone else he """shoots""" gets up and runs.
>>
>>35914988
stop segregating kids by age
>>
>>35915017
How would that fix the problem?
>>
>>35914863
You're forgetting Mexico is a nasty, violent country. Get out of there.
>>
>>35914394
dude he clapped that teacher with the first round

wonder what she said that pissed him off
>>
>>35914812
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRpgl01brpo
>>
>>35915031
you don't get kids being the tough guy for their whole school career because there is always someone bigger.
>>
>>35915131
That would not stop clever bullies. And how would what would stop the biggest meanest kid from just being the alpha bully of the whole school until another alpha bully takes his place?
>>
File: 1490406065156.png (59KB, 1093x527px) Image search: [Google]
1490406065156.png
59KB, 1093x527px
>>35914585
Happened in Mexico last year. All i got. Plus if i were a shooter i wouldnt kill my bro or some random just the people who pushed me over the edge
>>
>>35915168
The camera says January 18, 2017 on it anon.
>>
File: 1490405240116.png (27KB, 741x609px) Image search: [Google]
1490405240116.png
27KB, 741x609px
>>35915181
Last year ... January what difference does it make...... Fuck you
>>
>>35915151
less likely because they aren't able to run over people the whole time, just having to interact with elders will help with the kind of prison rule that arises in schools. instead of trying to impress the coolest in your class (not like reality) you have all these other people with more life experience around you.
>>
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/the_americas/mexico-teacher-wounded-in-january-school-shooting-dies/2017/03/29/680ff2de-14f5-11e7-bb16-269934184168_story.html?utm_term=.63bf9b29ee52
>>
>>35915255
That would just create more educational problems. How are you supposed to teach different kids at different reading/math/reasoning levels all at the same time? There's a reason kids are separated by age in the first place.
>>
>>35914858
From my experience, school systems only really care about getting you through school and graduating you. Especially in Highschool.

They don't care about you or your feelings, if you're not disruptive and get through classes fine then you're just another "successful" student. They don't care if you're depressed or if you're being bullied. Hell, I knew kids who would go to school baked or drunk and the teachers would just turn their cheeks because they got through class just fine.
>>
>>35915080
he clapped the big doofus who was the bully first then the teacher then stacey
>>
>>35915309
idk I don't have all the answers. I can say a good way to really learn something is to explain it to someone else.
>>
>>35915083
He's on to something i'm not gonna lie.

Also he's right about Prozac. I'm speaking from experience when I say that shit can make you crazy.
>>
>>35915083
Bill Maher bothers me.
He's so fucking right about some things, and yet so fucking wrong about others.
>>
>>35915472
>He's so fucking right about some things, and yet so fucking wrong about others.
Its almost like he's a
human

whoa
>>
>>35915507
I guess what bothers me is that he's smug as fuck about it either way.
>>
>>35914427
This, the status quo reigns.
>>
>>35914394
>many school shooters have been outcast by the very people they shoot dead

This is already acknowledged.

It's just seen as insignificant when compared to the whole "mass shooting" part.
>>
>>35915346
proof that he was a bully please

also that wouldnt justify it
>>
>>35915617
that's the narrative that gets spread but which ones were bullied?
>>
>>35914599
The OP is suggesting that school shooters are victims, which is bull shit
>>
>>35915472
It's how he's experienced the world. Almost everything is nuanced, there are very few absolutes.
>>
>>35914455
the feminists will rage about entitlement
>>
Not all of them were outcast, some were bullies themselves.

I don't think Elliot was an outcast, he was angry that people didn't always give him everything he wants.
>>
>>35917639
They are right about some of this.
Many young men have been conditioned to believe that they deserve a hot girlfriend just for existing and having a dick. Some think they deserve it so much that if they don't get it, they have been punished by society and want to take indiscriminate revenge on innocent people.

This doesn't apply to all school shooters but there are a few.
>>
>>35916986
it's possible to be a victim before you become a perpetrator. it happens with violence all the time on a smaller scale.

i'm not saying bullying is the root cause of mass shootings. to be honest, there seem to be more cases where it's not true than where it is true but it's still a factor that could possibly eliminate SOME mass violence if it were addressed. we know for sure that bullying is a major contributing factor to many teenage suicides but no one gives a fuck about that at all since they only kill themselves. wouldn't it be nice if some of this violence actually led to social change that made people's lives better? what's the harm in acknowledging the possibility that sometimes cruelty breeds cruelty?
>>
>>35917915
>Many young men have been conditioned to believe that they deserve a hot girlfriend just for existing and having a dick. Some think they deserve it so much that if they don't get it, they have been punished by society and want to take indiscriminate revenge on innocent people.
i think it's less about entitlement and more in line with what bill maher was saying, though he leaves out a crucial piece of the puzzle.

it's not a lack of sex while being bombarded with sexual images. i do think unreleased sexual energy may be converted into aggression (it would make sense evolutionarily) but i think it's more likely that it's a lack of sex leading young men to feel inadequate in their masculinity. a man needs to feel worthy of respect and for some, sex is an easy way to prove manhood. for others, it's impossible to prove manhood this way and the main two outlets for masculinity are sex and violence so they resort to the second one.

if you add bullying into the mix, you get an even more damaged ego and a young man is willing to do anything to "prove himself" as someone powerful, masculine and worthy of being feared, if not respected.

i'm sure some of it is a desire for revenge for mistreatment or lack of respect or just plain hopelessness but i really think a lot of this violence probably revolves around proving masculinity in many of these cases.
>>
>>35914394
Faggots like these are the reason why society thinks we are freaks.
Fucking retards
>>
>>35918534
Society thinks we're already freaks. That's why faggots shoot them.
>>
>>35914394
Normies dislike thinking about depression and the outcasts of society: it makes them feel guilty and uneasy about how fucking easy their lives are by comparison.
>>
>>35917915
>Many young men have been conditioned to believe that they deserve a hot girlfriend just for existing and having a dick
You mean just like women who are conditioned to believe that they deserve everything just because they have a vagina and breasts?
The difference being that they don't get scolded for believing that way.
>>
>>35918534
>>35918650

we as in what?
>>
>>35919023
we as in freaks
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.