[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Go to counselor for the first time in months >Tell him

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 7

File: 1490703395852.jpg (10KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1490703395852.jpg
10KB, 240x240px
>Go to counselor for the first time in months
>Tell him about things that I've been feeling, ideas I've been sitting on, we go back and forth
>"You can't live your whole life like this. Do you want to be institutionalized? That's where you're headed."

n-no
>>
a lot of the time i just feel like therapists don't do shit to help anyways
>>
>>35913915
Mine said "I wish I could help you, I don't think I can". But the look in his eyes was "You can't be helped".
>>
>>35913915
Listen to him (originally).
>>
File: IMG_0917.png (996KB, 586x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0917.png
996KB, 586x1024px
>>35913935
well yeah, the more they hold back from actually helping you, the more times you come back, and the more $$$$$ they get
>>
>>35913915
is that you piety?
>>
>>35913956
I can't I just want to be a little boy again

>>35913997
No sorry
>>
A therapist can't cure the woke.
They are slowly becoming aware of this.
Beware of their soporific drug prescriptions.
>>
>>35913915
It's pretty impossible to help someone that won't help themselves. I'm living in my dad's attic dropped out of uni and now working 2 nights a week for food delivery. I'm going nowhere, doing nothing except sit behind my computer. I hate myself for it but deep down I like it, I want to stay here because out there I have to do things, I have responsibilities and here I can just curl up and forget I excist.
Maybe you don't wan't to change anon, maybe you want to live your life like this. The ball is in your hands.
I know it's not easy to do anything about it if you've been creeping deper into your shell but your problems can only be solved by you. Posting here won't make hem go away either.
>>
>>35914054
Okay so is one of your "mental problems" that you constantly want to be a child again? I'm not a therapist but you can talk to me or any other anon if you'd like OP
>>
File: 323302.jpg (22KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
323302.jpg
22KB, 225x350px
>>35914378
I feel like things just keep getting worse the older I get. I think I was really happy in the beginning, I remember being really attached to my mommy and always happy when I was around her, she said I was sweet and loving and happy. Having to start school was when things started getting bad, I would cry and beg to go home every day, and while I eventually learned to stop crying as much around the middle of middle school, it was still just as bad for me, and it continued until I finally finished highschool. My parents are now divorced and I live with my mom and sister. I have virtual college online now which is still very bad, and I try to stay away and not think about it as much as I can and just play video games and watch cartoons and anime. I don't feel like an adult, I don't want to be an adult, but my body is an adult's and I hate it. It just keeps getting older without me and I hate everything about it, I hate being big, I hate having body and facial hair that just keeps growing back no matter how many times I try to get rid of it, I hate all of it. I hate the expectations that are put on me because I'm older now, I didn't ask them, and I actively try to refuse any benefits of adult life that come my way. I don't want to drive, I don't want to go out to parties, they can keep all of that, I don't want any of it. I want my old life back instead.

I've been watching Dragon Maid a lot lately, and while I really like the show, I can't help feel really bad and sad and a little angry because I'm really jealous of one of the characters' lives. He's small and cute just like I'd want to be, and he has a really nice big sister/mommy figure who tells him that he's cute and takes care of him. He can do magic just like I always wanted to when I was little too. That's what I wanted. I just want to be him.
>>
>>35914678
Well first off I need to break to you the bad news. This is not a permanent problem, and don't feel bad or guilty or sad, but I think you do you have a problem mentally. That's okay though. What you need to focus on is how you can fix it in the best way for you. The problem is that you're not ready for any of the pressures of adult hood, and mentally, you act like a child. The first step I'd reccomend is accepting your situation. You can't really be that little boy again. I can understand how hard you want to be that little boy, and I think a lot of other people do too, but it's best if you accept that you are not that little boy, no matter how hard you try. That's okay though, adulthood isn't that bad, and there isn't really another option. Do you think you can live with the fact that you will never be that little boy?
>>
>>35913975
Honestly it's not even a money thing. I mean it kind of is, but to a greater extent psychology is a bullshit pseudoscience. I'm going to my campus's free therapy and it's still useless, and they have no vested interest in me coming back.
>>
>>35913975
It's not just money, it's the art of the job of listening. They can't say something that upsets you, their job is to listen and flip it positive, if they can't their job is to lock you up. That is the entire job of a therapist, and you should learn about the job description, it's not money. Remember, their job is not to call you shit, it's too make you think your not shit until you have to be locked up.
>>
File: 1489561498280.jpg (21KB, 500x425px) Image search: [Google]
1489561498280.jpg
21KB, 500x425px
>>35914919
I don't know if I can. If not him, I'd at least want to be myself when I was little again. Things weren't perfect, but they were much better than how they are now. I liked myself better then. I think you're right, I'm not ready for the pressures of adulthood, and the problem is that I don't feel like I want to be ready. I don't want any of it. Staying home and playing video games and watching cartoons and thinking about being a child again might be far from a happy or healthy life, but I'm happier than I was in school at least. At least I feel a little bit closer to the life I wanted. And I know that things will only continue to get worse, the things that made school so bad for me would all be present in a job but worse, and any good things I would get out of it would be ruined by the fact that everyday life is so bad that it outweighs any of the happiness brought by nice things I could by.

I can't get over the hurdle of wanting to let go and get on with things. I know realistically there's no way, at least at this time, to make myself a kid again. But what I'm doing now, while I'm not exactly happy, brings me a little closer to it. Laying down and imagining a girl from an anime I like being my mom and telling me that I'm cute and sweet and that everything will be okay feels nice. I think I'm in the best situation I could be right now, I think the moment I cave in and let go and get a job things are going to get a lot worse.
>>
>>35915297
You know you have a problem, and it seems you can live with it. That's very good. The next step is a solution. An old saying : "find a job you enjoy and you'll never work in your life" What are your experiences with jobs, what do you like, do you feel there's a job you can manage? If you feel you can't handle the stress of a job, that's fine too, we can work on that instead.
>>
>>35915517
I've never had a job. All I do is use the computer and play video games, and even if I somehow found a job that revolves around that, the setting of it being a job is what makes it so bad for me. I've had computer classes in school, I've tried virtual school, I'm doing online classes now and it's all the same, it's all bad. It'd be the same thing with a job. I don't want any more of that. I'm sorry if I'm sounding difficult, I don't mean to be, thank you for listening and trying to help me.
>>
>>35915644
Np anon, there's a lot of reasons for me to help you, I'm a bit of a moralfag and it just feels right. Anyway, tell me, what is it about the stress? What kind of stress? Emotional, Physical, Mental? Are you scared of losing the job, doing bad, what about the idea of a job stresses you?
>>
This thread is really giving me the feels, OP. I also wish I was a child... Everything back then seemed so interesting, new, and mysterious. I could play all day long and never feel guilty for it. I didn't have to worry about anything and it felt like the world was an amazing place centered around me.

Now I'm so cynical and apathetic. Nothing excites me anymore. There's no purpose in anything. I'm just passing the time until I finally die. At least it's not torturous since I don't go to school anymore or have a job.
>>
>>35915714
Well, when I was in school, it was a little of everything, but mostly mental. I would hate being there, I would hate getting up and knowing I would be there, I would hate everything I would do there, all of it. I would stare at the clock for seven hours waiting to go home, and it all just felt so horrible and long with no happiness gained from it at any time, and I would dread knowing I'd have to do it again the next day. I would try my hardest to get out of it any time I could. I would tense up and my heard would hurt. My shoulders and neck would get really bad, and my eyebrows just got fixed in this high position that they always go to when I'm stressed. I would get headaches from that a lot. I imagine it would be the same thing in work, but with the stress of an added workload and time and the threat of being fired.

When I was little, I would always cry throughout the day in school, there would rarely be a day when I didn't. I thought it was because I missed my mom, and that was a big part of it, but as she got older and stopped treating me like I was as little as much, it became less about wanting to see her and more about wanting to get back and be in my room.
>>
>>35915872
I'm sorry anon, I wish I could help more. There'll always be something for us, even if it's just getting nice feelings from remembering when things were good.
>>
>>35915882
I know you're doing your best to describe it to me but what about school could you maybe point to as a cause for your stress. Nothing specific just some general things
>>
>>35915944
The waiting for it to be over mostly, I would say. Being around the people there is another thing. There was the work and grades, and being given more grownup expectations about projects and deadlines and things. But the waiting was the worst part. It was very frustrating and stressful.
>>
File: prickjr.png (51KB, 1328x747px) Image search: [Google]
prickjr.png
51KB, 1328x747px
>6th grade
>1989
>in detention for multiple minor infarctions
>"retard forgot his pencil" "retard turned in sloppy homework and didnt redo" "retard ran in the halls"
>5day in school suspension
>school psychiatrist came 3rd day
>said girls told him i grabbed their crotch
>what
>ok first of all
>if i grabbed a girl by the VAGINA
>dont u dare get mad at me sir i took SEX ED i can say VAGINA because I LEARNED IT FROM MR HANDLEY
>ok so if i grabbed a girl by the VAGINA id REMEMBER
>second of all, who? when? where?
>"i can't tell you that"
>you can't tell me WHEN it happened?
>or WHERE?
>that's ebcause it didn't happen...FUCKER.
>5-day iss turned into 10-day
>parents called
>got 3 paddles from principal
>got ass whooped by belt from dad
>>
>>35916023
Well anon I don't have much time tonight but I don't want to leave you feeling like you haven't solved your problems yet so I'm gonna make a discord we can talk in. Anyone else that feels a similar way/needs someone to talk to/feels they have a mental issue is also welcome to come to this discord. I'll do my best to support you guys https://discord.gg/Qj6cTeE
>>
I've been depressed since high school and I'm almost 26 now. What the fuck. Nothing seems to work. I've tried every drug to treat it. It's still there, like a constant, low-grade sadness that erodes my desire to do anything. I don't know how someone can be depressed for so long. The only thing that helps is stimulants but that's not something I can handle (it makes my anxiety worse.)

The worst part is that it's barely even a depression in that I don't feel sad enough to cry, self-harm, or kill myself. Just sad enough to lack enjoyment and energy most of the time. Anyone else know this feel?
>>
File: shouta-magatsuchi.jpg (81KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
shouta-magatsuchi.jpg
81KB, 640x360px
>>35916126
Thanks anon, it really means a lot. I'm a little scared of discord though, I know it's silly of me, I don't know why I feel that way. But thank you again very much for talking with me and listening to me. It feels good to talk to someone about it.
>>
File: 1490841534018.jpg (36KB, 400x396px) Image search: [Google]
1490841534018.jpg
36KB, 400x396px
>>35913915
>"You can't live your whole life like this. Do you want to be institutionalized? That's where you're headed."
fucking statists
>>
>>35916234
If you're scared of discord you can have my email [email protected]
I hope it does make you feel better, the idea of any human suffering mental issues to me is an atrocious idea and I want to do my best to help you guys. I know a lot of people on here are similar in that they have problems like this. I just hope I can help you guys as best as possible. I'll always listen anon.
>>
>>35916145
I can kind of relate. Ue been stuck since around 2010 when I failed out of college.

I've tried a bunch of different drugs. The only one that made me feel anything just made me angry all the time and I would be clenching my jaw almost all day.

About once every two months or so I just break down and scream about how I wish I was dead. It's usually caused by something stupid, but it's like letting out the pressure. Then I usually get left alone for a week and it starts back up.

I hate liVing like this, but I don't know what else I can possibly do. I wasted a ton of my parent's money failing school twice and now I can't even get an interview even though I apply to at least 5 different jobs a week.
I'm just tired of it all. I wish I had never been born.
>>
>>35916145
That's how almost everyone in the fucking world is, anon.
That's literally the evolutionary baseline for a successful species.
Just enough motivation to fuck each other like rabbits and not get eaten in some prehistoric grassland, that's 99.9% of our species, and not so much motivation that you do something stupid and get yourself killed.
The people who do anything more are anomalies.
>>
>>35916401
Same story here. I've tried college + uni so many times. Eventually my parents just accepted that I couldn't do it and I sat inside for the next few years. My only real out was getting on disability bux and moving to some bumfuck town where the rent was cheap.

I'm living the NEET dream right now and it feels empty. My depression and mental illness is the same. There's so much I wish I could do but I don't have the energy... Can't even keep my house clean. It's pathetic really
>>
>>35916437
I dunno. There's a huge difference between norpers and robots. Their happiness seems genuine
>>
therapists are fucking hacks
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.