[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you're christian and the girl you love will inevitably

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: 1489946187127.jpg (27KB, 590x550px) Image search: [Google]
1489946187127.jpg
27KB, 590x550px
>tfw you're christian and the girl you love will inevitably marry and have kids with someone else, meaning that you wont even find peace in heaven since you'll constantly watch your crush making out eternally with another dude
>>
File: 1490458069079.png (775KB, 715x535px) Image search: [Google]
1490458069079.png
775KB, 715x535px
>be me
>Luthrean Christian
>dating atheist girl

do what i do
>>
>no one knows the feel
>>
>>35911376
what's the point once one of you dies you'd still be alone eternally
>>
>>35911418
who wants to be stuck with ur wife forever lol
>>
>>35911522
Suppose heaven actually exists, i'd rather have someone than being alone eternally
>>
If you want a proper Christian response, a crush is lust and not love, for love is only your wife.
>>
>>35911376
The Bible says not to go for atheists, you knob
>>
File: columba_skelton1.jpg (76KB, 332x364px) Image search: [Google]
columba_skelton1.jpg
76KB, 332x364px
>>35911152
Stop lusting after women, you hedonist
>>
>>35911641
It has to start from something damnit, elseway how am I supposed to find a wife
>>
>>35911694
Well, that's why Christianity doesn't work in the modern world. As it usually starts by people setting you up, such as parents and the church. Are you even Christian or what?
>>
>>35911690
I thought we were supposed to try and have a family
>>
>You loved only one girl in all your fucking life

C'mon anon, what are you, 14?
>>
>>35911740
Yes but don't lust after women you will never have. You're envious too. Stop sinning!
>>
>>35911727
But you're not actually supposed to. Your parents should have nothing to do with the person you decide to marry

>>35911746
2 actually, but the last experience was so bad I still haven't recovered after more than 2 years
>>
The proper Christian response is that love cannot exist in this world, that all relationships outside of the elect are doomed to failure as per the curse, and that there's no such thing as heaven - only the resurrection life which comes after the transformation, a transformation which will render ideas like having a crush on an individual woman meaningless.
>>
>>35911791
No you are not supposed to be forced, forced is not Christian, but Christians meet through the church or ChristianMingle.com. That is what Christianity is, it's not lusting after some girl and watching her boink her husband. That actually means you would go to hell.
>>
>>35911152
My boyfriend and I are Christian and he says he doesn't want to get married.
I thought religious boys were supposed to be against living in sin. unless he doesn't want to have sex with me?
>>
>>35911831
But apparently you're still supposed to have a family, and honestly I never heard that love doesn't exist in this world otherwise the whole act of marriage would be meaningless

>>35911870
what's ChristianMingle? Are you supposed to use such things?
>>
>>35911912
I asked you, are you Christian or not? Why would you need to ask these things?
>>
>>35911902
Then he isn't a christian, by definition you're a christian if you practice christianity... or not?
Plus how did you find him out of curiosity
>>
>>35911929
I'm doing my best and trying to get back on track, that last experience with the girl I was referring to changed things a bit since not being able to have a family with her makes everything almost useless to me
>>
People don't have any sexual or romantic desires in heaven though, and everyone there is content and happy just to be in the presence of God. Also don't be so sure that either you or your crush are going to make it to Heaven in the first place.
>>
Marriage ends in heaven.
>>
>>35911948
Online dating. We had a 99% okcupid match and he lived one town away from me.
>>
>>35912042
It appears though there's no consesus among the various denominations as to the state of marriage after death, it could be possible that some form of it could still be valid
>>
>>35912186
>It appears though there's no consesus among the various denominations as to the state of marriage after death

Really? It's one of the only concrete things we know about heaven, explicitly stated by Christ himself.
>>
>>35912293
As far as I knew, the bible didn't say much agains marriage after death. There's a verse in Matthew 22:30 but if you put it into context the verse itself doesn't provide anything against marriage in the afterlife
>>
>>35911152
>tfw you're christian and the girl you love will inevitably marry and have kids with someone else, meaning that you wont even find peace in heaven since you'll constantly watch your crush making out eternally with another dude

Well, if that's a concern of yours, I suppose your savior's gospel is good news in more ways than one:

Mark 22:29-30" "Jesus replied, 'You are mistaken because you do not know the Scriptures or the power of God. In the resurrection, people will neither marry nor be given in marriage. Instead, they will be like the angels in heaven.'"

Although it's interesting, isn't it, that although Christ proclaimed there would be no marriage in Heaven, he said nothing regarding it in Hell. Let us suppose the that the damned, not becoming like angels, were still subject to sexual desires and love. Dante depicted something similar with his second circle of Hell in which fornicators clutched each other desperately as they were cast about by a horrible whirlwind. Now, of course, the poet meant to illustrate the tempestuous nature of mortal lust and how it was nothing but a hollow, terrifying shadow of the steadfast love of God. And yet...

How horrible would it be for one of the resurrected in Paradise to cast his glance down into Hell and see those lovers if he had never himself had a lover while he still belonged to the living. He may live as an angel, but was never given license to do so as a man. Strange to think there could be a moment when one of the redeemed could behold the damned and rather than celebrating their misery, find himself envying it. The saints have their mansions in Heaven, but they dwell in those beautiful palaces alone.

Just an idle thought by a sad drunk, and one of little consequence. You're still alive and should concern yourself with the world of the living rather than Heaven or Hell. Leave the dead to bury the dead while you still can. After all, you, like all mortals, will rank among them soon enough.
>>
>>35912409
To be drunk you're a pretty good writer.
But still, there's no consensus for a definite end in the bond between you and your wife in the afterlife, so I guess my depression is still justified
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.