[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you think will be at the "edge" of the universe?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: buzz.jpg (94KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
buzz.jpg
94KB, 1200x900px
What do you think will be at the "edge" of the universe? If we live to see it?
>>
there is no edge
>>
>>35900667
if there is no edge, how are you so edgy
>>
I think the universe is a hyperspheroid and just loops back in on itself. I have absolutely no proof to black this claim up, but believing this stops me from going insane.
>>
>>35900636
Most objects are accelerating away from us at rates we can never hope to travel.

Future life won't be able to _see_ other stars, let alone reach the edge of the universe.
>>
>>35900729
>hyperspheroid
that would work, though what's outside it...
>>
>>35900748

I think we will be able to figure out warp drives in the future. We have figured out how to do just about everything else the universe can do on the small scale, I think it is reasonable to think we will figure out how to expand and contract space at will sometime in the future. Once we figure that out, warp drives everywhere and trips to distant stars will be attainable.
>>
>>35900772

Dirty bath water
>>
>>35900636
We'll never reach it. The universe is expanding faster than we can move through it. Eventually our local supercluster of galaxies will merge and we won't be able to even see any other galaxies.
>>
The 2D realm of waifus
>>
File: 1490238294761.gif (1MB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1490238294761.gif
1MB, 540x540px
>>35900636
Hopefully great memes and no women
>>
File: 980x.gif (690KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
980x.gif
690KB, 400x225px
>>35900772
Donald Trump's Tax Returns.

*badumtissss*
>>
>>35900636
A lord. THE edgelord
>>
>>35900636
there is no edge, just like there is no edge to a planet, you just loop upon yourself.
>>
A mirror universe where humanity was empathetic, completely alien.
>>
There is no edge. If you keep going in one direction long enough it's possible you might end up back where you started. The other theory is that the universe is infinite.
>>
File: 1490171885551.jpg (941KB, 1936x2508px) Image search: [Google]
1490171885551.jpg
941KB, 1936x2508px
If by some sort of space/time fuckery that you actually managed to reach the "end" of Aleph Null and gaze down upon this reality's infinite set of numbers and sequences, then you'd likely only see the infinity sets larger than our own in dimensions beyond this reality.
But such an event is impossible as far as we understand the laws of our reality. The concept of infinity does not have an accurate visual representation, let alone a full depiction. Relating infinity to an image we can see is also impossible as far as we know. However, if such a thing IS possible, it would likely drive you absolutely mad due to how the human mind cannot fully grasp the concept of infinity. The higher infinities than our own would likely break a man's mind even more. You would be witnessing every number, all cardinal sets and otherwise, numbers that exist and numbers that do not. Reality as we know it would cease to exist in this "space" which we cannot fathom since all we know is space in 3 dimensions. Stepping down in scale back to our own infinity set, I can't imagine what our universe would visually look like from an outside point of view. Maybe we already are gazing in upon it and interpreting what we see in ways that make sense to us.
We would likely never know. In fact, no consciousness would likely discover what it's all like, as beyond Aleph Null lies things that are not yet created. Things that don't exist. Possibilities and probabilities that are not. One cannot exist in nonexistence to witness things that do not exist.

tl;dr infinity is a confusing concept, especially when you learn there are always "larger" infinities
>>
>>35900636
This very place
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.