[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do they do this? I can't wrap my head around this at

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 5

File: whydotheydothis.jpg (1005KB, 2612x2108px) Image search: [Google]
whydotheydothis.jpg
1005KB, 2612x2108px
Why do they do this?

I can't wrap my head around this at all, its like they are lying and everyone else posting comments are lying but they are all OK with that.

Blows my mind, its a sick/strange time to be young on social media.

I can't imagine how it feels to be an unattractive girl and have these Stacies leave comments telling you how beautiful you are.
>>
its virtue signalling breh
>>
>>35898968
virtue signal and the fact that culturally it seen as turbo bitch mode for a girl to think poorly of the ugly.
>>
>>35898968

women just have this instinct to praise someone for their effort. They basically treat most "inferior" persons as children that need to be emotionally supported regardless of circuimstances.

And the fact that you're even asking this means that you're a severe autist for not knowing this obvious female trait already.
>>
That girl wouldn't be ugly if she paid as much attention to her appearance as the other girls. The lighting in that image is also horrible
>>
>>35898968
It's all a game
Everything you know is just a game
>>
>>35899021
> That girl wouldn't be ugly if

That's not even the point of this thread
>>
>>35898968
this happens in real life, too. hell family guy even did an episode on it (when chris was elected prom king)
>>
>>35898968

Why does ms. Frankie want Cathos to be slain? What did she do wrong?
>>
>>35899027

Social media is social proof now. I can't imagine what it feels like to be an ugly girl and seeing attractive girls getting hundreds of likes and comments from guys and then having the same girls almost rub it in your face by saying "hey, you're attractive too!"
>>
>>35899051
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=slay

>slay
>killed it. succeeded in something amazing.
>>
>>35899093

I can't keep up with all this hip lingo anymore anon. Is this what if feels like to be old?
>>
>>35898968

What are they supposed to say?

"Up your game Catherine, you munter"
>>
>>35899139
>Is this what if feels like to be old?

Yes it is you getting old. I'm on the same boat.
I decided to ironically do 'the dab' when it comes to it and basically immitate teenagers just to make fun of their slang and behavior.
>>
>>35899147

I am of the opinion that it is much easier to accept you are not attractive than to think you are attractive and experience severe disappointment and lose trust in people because they lied to you.
>>
>>35898968
Why does it bother you so much? Girls like getting complimented, doesn't matter if by guys or other girls. They know that the down syndrome girl probably doesn't get too many compliments, so they try to brighten up her day.
>>
File: 1336885903297.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1336885903297.png
48KB, 500x500px
I hate roasties as much as any of you. but what exactly are those two doing wrong? they're just complimenting a less fortunate human than they are? the girl isn't even famous so the comments might be a bit more sincere
>>
Holy fuck that bottom left
>>
>>35899217

It bothers me because compliments are supposed to be genuine and sincere otherwise your words mean nothing.
>>
File: 1469407427184.png (5KB, 258x248px) Image search: [Google]
1469407427184.png
5KB, 258x248px
>>35899182

If you have downs, you're probably already intensely aware of your crippling sludge face. No point in kicking someone when they're already down, anon.
>>
>>35899275
>are supposed to be genuine and sincere otherwise your words mean nothing

You're bad at social interactions, aren't you?
>>
keep your friends close, and enemies closer.
>>
>>35899289

I tell people the truth, but if the truth is hurtful I keep it to myself.

You are setting someone up for failure by telling them that they are something they are not to the point where they believe that and then years later find out they were lied to out of sympathy.
>>
>>35899329

Ignoring her efforts also brings out her negative emotions, drains hope and sets for failure. It's much worse for a anyone to be ignored than having to be slightly praised out of courtesy.
>>
The fact that you are bothered by how fake it is, I can understand. The fact that you can't realistically figure out why people do this shows your docial ineptitude.

Social media is primarily used as a tool to elevate the ego. Nobody posts a picture, share content or posts an opinion without caring one single bit about what people think of it. Otherwise tgey wouldn't post anything.

This girl has obvious down syndrome, it probably makes her feel insecure. She posts a picture in order to feel more beautiful(downs or not she's still a girl) and the other girls being girls understand the gesture and comment something nice to make her feel better about herself.

It's either everyone ignores it not to be dishonest and she thinks nobody cares, dealing a blow to her self-esteem or people are honest and, quite frankly, if you tell a down syndrome girl she's ugly, you're either actually autistic and understand nothing about social dynamics or you're a prime genuine asshole.

You have to understand that if you plan on socializing with the vast world, it's impossible to be 100% honest. Sometimes you gotta lie unless you actually want to say dick things. It's important to be as honest and genuine as possible, but don't ne naive and think it's a good idea to tell the truth all the fucking time, otherwise, if you don't wanna be an hypocrite, why don't you share your disgusting fetishes with the class?

That being said, she has downs, step back a little bit and let her have this. Stop looking for every single opportunity to shit on normies and try to learn and understand their dynamic a little more.
>>
>>35899390

I agree with you, but I also have to say that social media is toxic as everyone is making "efforts"(like you said) to portray themselves in a certain way and its just sad to see a generation of kids growing up trying to look better than one and other.

I am really glad social media came around after I left high school.
>>
>>35899514

You make good points.

I don't say mean things to people in a brutally honest way, I just tend to not say anything at all.

I guess I just have to start dishing out compliments to fit in with everyone else, even if there is very little truth behind what I am saying it may make people like me more right?
>>
>>35899051
You never heard of YAS QUEEN SLAY before?
>>
>>35899179
>I decided to ironically do 'the dab'
might as well kill yourself faggot
>>
>>35899182
>>35899329
>>35899390
>>35899533
>>35899642
Have you queers finished jerking each other off yet?
>>
>ywn be with any girl, let alone one like Isla
It's too fucking early for this feel
>>
>>35899642

I'm not saying this to imply that you should lie to fit in. I'm exactly like you, I don't do this dishonest compliment shit either and never want to. You don't have to fit in, I'm just saying that instead of criticizing in such a rigid stance, try to understand why people do it. It's the source of empathy. You don't have to agree with what some people do, but it's, sometimes, a good thing to understand. Empathy soothe the mind.
>>
>>35899736

Are you done being such a non-contributing shitposter?
>>
I always figured it's just passive aggressive bullshit. They think it's cute to make snide little sarcastic remarks but it's nice when taken out of context so no one calls them out. If they were called out they'd just play dumb.
>>
>>35900534

It's absolutely nowhere close to why they do this. You're projecting your own negative perception on other's actions.
>>
>>35900613

Ridf?

Of course it's what they're doing. Women are vicious, especially teenage ones.
>>
>>35899662
No, because I'm not a nigger in the hoods.
>>
>>35899289

Fuck off, there's nothing wrong with sincerity. It's fucked up to lie to the girl about her appearance instead of finding something else to complement her on that's actually true. Finding something sincere to complement her on takes more work and knowledge on their part though, so they just take the lazy way out.
>>
>>35900641

Ironically, you're the vicious one if you perceive everything to be done out of ill intentions. As I said, you're projecting your own insecurities on others.

Most women are insecure about their appearance, they can go from feeling gorgeous to shit ugly in 2 seconds flat. This is why they post 20 selfies a week expecting validation. This is why most women validate them, because they understand this. It's dishonest, but out of good intentions. It's retarded, but, hey, if they need it, live and let live.

Also she has downs you fucking idiot. Do you seriously think people are so ill intentioned that they'd shit over a girl with a dissability? You are the vicious one and you understand nothing about human behavior.

You should step down from your moral highground.

>>35900884

Dude this is facebook, it's not fucking therapy. I'm sure that, being disabled, she has all the support she needs.
>>
File: hugbox.jpg (682KB, 1018x1134px) Image search: [Google]
hugbox.jpg
682KB, 1018x1134px
>>35898968
they do this because they get social points for hugboxing the ugly person
>>
>>35902372
Sweet merciful Christ
>>
>>35899282
>if you have downs you're probably ... aware

Top kek my friend
>>
>>35899021
She has fucking down syndrome, buddy. Chromosomal disorder. Retardation.
>>
they're in the business of feeling good all the time.

men don't do this to each other. we're in the business of getting shit done. you can't do what needs to be done unless you have the truth and the blueprint.

women don't want to see a blueprint, they want to see decorations and colors.
we need to keep the genders in their own lanes, this homogenization, equality bullshit is just hurting young men.
>>
>>35902372
That gave me an idea for a Skaven figurine
>>
>>35902372
What happened to her face? Doesnt even look like a burn victim or something.
Some terrible skin disease or something?
>>
>>35902732

It's hurting everyone. You need to start seeing the bigger picture more instead of endlessly comparing yourself to the other gender to validate your struggle.
>>
File: stacy syndrome.jpg (68KB, 883x610px) Image search: [Google]
stacy syndrome.jpg
68KB, 883x610px
You guys are fucking awful.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.