[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Talk about some meditation exercises you do. Not your experience

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1428516788531.jpg (34KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1428516788531.jpg
34KB, 500x375px
Talk about some meditation exercises you do. Not your experience with them but the process. Im looking for ideas
for example
>reading blank books
>trying to peer through a forest treeline
>swim to the bottom of the ocean and find the dry entrance of the underwater temple
>looking into imaginary crystal balls

Im curious if anyone does these sorts of visualization & concentration exercises
>>
I can't be the only one here interested in these otherworldy practices
>>
Truly, the hermit's path is a lonely one.
>>
I don't do either of those but sometimes I meditate for roughly one minute. I just straighten my back, close my eyes, and focus on my breathing. I try to do this a few times a day, to "train" my mind to get into the meditative state for when I get into the more serious meditation sessions.

Other forms of legit meditation are doing things where you don't really have to think much, yet they require some concentration. Origami is one good example, someone else once suggested polishing things. There are countless of these forms of meditation. IMO this is the best form of meditation when you can't just sit and focus on your breathing for whatever reason.
>>
I don't really use any kind of visualization. Pretty much all I do is try to observe my thoughts, especially watching for ones that stir up emotional turmoil.
>>
>>35883457
There is no best form for everyone. Even playing videogames to fixate the mind like your origami example work its own way. The reason I chose my examples is because they all include an object to fixate past the noisy environment
>>
>>35883457
a good one is planting a garden. you can be completely absorbed in the process without having to think very much.
>>
>>35883731
Flowers are interesting life forms to meditate on. From their geometrical shape to their "magical" qualities. There's a lot to study
>>
1 hour of sitting 'cease being meditation' a day. i do that like 7 days in a row and stop. because no discipline... do it about 4 tiimes a year
>>
File: nice tree.jpg (225KB, 478x679px) Image search: [Google]
nice tree.jpg
225KB, 478x679px
Mine are pretty basic. I will sometimes pick a tarot card at random and picture it in my mind while thinking of the various elements and meanings. My favorite is laying in savasana and focusing on my heart beat. It's helped a lot with awareness and mindfulness. Before I never really noticed my heart beating but now I can always feel it and make a note to slow it down if it gets too fast for non physical exertion reasons
This one is kind of silly but I really enjoy watching the bubbles dance on the surface of whatever I'm fermenting. Kind of like a fish tank except instead of gay ass fish you can't even eat I get a nice tasty drunk after.

It's an eclectic belief system put together from all kinds of bullshit. It's an exercise in itself trying to work out the syncretism and resolve conflicts or draw parallels. It can lead to some fun ideas like Christian providence, Crowlian will, and Taoist nature being nearly synonymous. I haven't tripped in years because so much personal shit is going on, but I find a similar sense of profundity while sober if I'm able to slip into the mindset. Many talk of meditation as something that elevates the spirit but it has value just as much for what it does and grounding you. There's nothing like engaging in a little craziness to keep sane.
>>
>>35881945
Doing yard work

lifting weights

walking aimlessly
>>
>>35883790
flowers are nice but i actually enjoyed planting vegetables a lot more. it's good to feel like you're doing something useful and in this day and age it feels kind of magical to eat something you grew on your own.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.