[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you guys think you'd be robots if you were raised Amish?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: amish people.jpg (2MB, 2287x2891px) Image search: [Google]
amish people.jpg
2MB, 2287x2891px
Do you guys think you'd be robots if you were raised Amish? Is it possible to be a robot in that kind of a society?
>>
I'd still be sad, lonely, and shit at connecting with others, but I'd be distracted from working my Amish ass off all day.

I'd miss you guys though.
>>
>>35879207
I'd probably be a delinquent that ends up leaving the village.

By delinquent I mean lazy angry and disobedient.

I hate hard work. And I'd have nothing fun to do ever. I guess I wouldn't have stopped playing outside though, so maybe I'd be fut at least.
>>
>>35879207
No.
I would be a golem.
Amish don't have technology, duh.
>>
>>35879207
id probably have crashed a lot with all the duty-driven dumbfucks as a kid and by now that im 19 id probably either be exiled or integrated somewhat while amssing hate and unhappiness.

i like manual labour tho, the problem would be the people i think
>>
>>35879207
anon unless these people are from PA nobody will know wtf youre talking about
>>
>>35879359
>le Amish (and mennonites in general) are only in PA meme
There's a Amish town like an hour East of me and I live in Kansas.
>>
>>35879359
i dont even live in the us but im not an idiot and have some amount of common knowledge also i watch tv - not only people from PA know what amish are
>>
>>35879207
they are the most beta people on earth
we will fit right in
>>
>>35879207
I'd be that fuck that just sits in the barn all day making butter and tables and shit because it'd mean I wouldn't have to actually interact with the other people there.
>>
>>35879737
Everyone has to do communal stuff like barn raising my friend
>>
>>35879929
Then maybe I'd always accidentally fall asleep in the loft of the barn right before anything communal.
>>
>>35879963
You'd get woken up by Jebedia and Jebedia
>>
>>35879359
If you live in America you know about the Amish unless you're a complete retard. It's one of the few actual cultural things we have
>>
>>35879983
They can't wake me up if I kill myself
>>
>>35879207
>Is it possible to be a robot in that kind of a society

No. You'd be raised by both parents who were loving and hard working in a community that immediately welcomes you as a valid addition to the work pool. You'd be practically born with a sense of purpose and direction with people around you nurturing your growth.
>>
No, autism and being a robot is the side effect of spending your childhood in front of a screen.
>>
>>35879359
Everybody knows about the amush anon. What are you smoking?
>>
>>35880090
viva el fasista
>>
>>35880090
>tfw you're completely right
>tfw parents are divorced and been constantly told that my work isnt good enough
At least now I can delude myself a bit and say that it's societies fault that I never leave my apartment and spend all my time on imageboards
>>
They don't vaccinate so they have incredibly low autism numbers
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.