[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /non-verbal learning disability/ here? I wouldn't wish

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

Who /non-verbal learning disability/ here?

I wouldn't wish this hell on my worst enemies.
>>
>>35877962
It's believed to be caused by a damages/malfunctioning/undersized Corpus Callosum (that part of the brain which coordinates the actions of the left and right hemispheres).

Here is a link to an article which discusses it.

http://www.med.umich.edu/yourchild/topics/nld.htm

Basically it means you are great at speaking/articulating yourself but are a complete retard at almost everything else. Kids who have this tend to do very well early in school and as such tend to feel very smart/proud, but as time goes on they begin to lag behind everyone else. Eventually they realize that they are infant inferior to their peers and tend to crash and burn and afterwards lose all motivation.

It's almost like anti-autism. Where as autists are socially awkward, lack good verbal skills, but excel at things like math/science, NVLD sufferers are socially awkward, suck at math/science, and are only good at being articulate.

But in all honesty it's worse than autism because at least autists often have marketable talents, where as we don't have anything.
>>
>>35878376

classic life

It's a shit meme isn't it
>>
>>35878376
>Eventually they realize that they are infant inferior

infact**

You also suck at spelling too apparently.
>>
>>35878376
Isn't this just another way of saying someone is stupid?
>>
>>35878397
It's basically the quintessential robot disorder.

Half the actually robots here have it.
>>
>>35877962
I am 27 and I have it. its rough
>>
>>35877962
I might have this
>was an early reader
>could have been an early talker in different circumstances
>was always great at especially foreign languages in school
>had great general knowledge and still have pretty good long-term memory
>very clumsy, bad at sports, physical things, DIY, etc.
>completely suck at body language, "reading" situations, etc.
>had trouble with grasping some math concepts in school, as well as word problems
>to some extent, had trouble with abstract thinking in school
>messy handwriting
>fear of change and new situations
>concrete and literal thinking as a kid
>no common sense
>withdrawn
also
>had a difficult childbirth and probably have brain damage as a result (this is where my possible NVLD might have originated from)

>>35878376
Actually, NVLD and high-functioning ASDs are similar in some aspects
>socially awkward
>high-functioning autists can be good at languages too
>both can have poor motor skills (but autists can have excellent motor skills)
>fear of change and new situations
>like routines
>taking things literally

Those with NVLD often also have good memory, but that's not very useful nowadays because everyone can use their phones to google facts.
>>
File: 1438745538248.jpg (42KB, 508x472px) Image search: [Google]
1438745538248.jpg
42KB, 508x472px
>>35878592
>but that's not very useful nowadays because everyone can use their phones to google facts

This. Our role in society has been completely taken over by machines. We are free-eaters and dead units now.
>>
>>35878464
Stupid people aren't good at languages or memorizing things.
>>
File: 1486173284867.jpg (11KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486173284867.jpg
11KB, 240x240px
>>35878651
>thought I could have this disability
>turns out I'm just an all around idiot
>>
>>35878651
>TFW can't even hold down a job walking dogs because I am so clumsy and incompetent.

>TFW when I fuck up my interviews for food/service jobs because I'm a socially awkward cluts with butter fingers.

>TFW when I only learned that people are all evil/selfish when I was 23.

No, we are dumb as nails. The only difference is that unlike normal stupid people, we are self aware. This only increases our suffering.
>>
I'm about 99% sure I have a learning disability with math.

>good grades as a child, skilled in reading/writing/history
>trouble holding my pencil "correctly"
>trouble learning to read analogue clocks, times tables, and even simple mental math
>took AP and college classes in highschool but took remedial math
>had to take college pre-algebra for no credit because I failed algebra 2 the first time, even with tutoring
>tfw chose major just because it didn't require another math course
>tfw quit side job as cashier after one day because making change is too hard and it takes me a long time

I'm pretty sure I have a problem but it's too late for me to get any help now. I'm just going to feel inferior and shitty for the rest of my life. I'll always struggle with little things that make everyone think I'm an idiot
>>
>>35878744
>I'll always struggle with little things that make everyone think I'm an idiot

And this is made even worse by the fact that we are articulate. People assume we are smart and then find out the truth and assume we are faking/trying to show off.

It's horrible.
>>
>>35878696
Most people with NVLD are idiots though.
>>
>>35878544
What do you do for a living anon? Have you found a good profession for yourself?
>>
File: 1485713405499.png (31KB, 720x644px) Image search: [Google]
1485713405499.png
31KB, 720x644px
>>35878840
thanks for reestablishing that special snowflake status for me, anon
>>
>>35878937
Anytime buddy.

God put us on this earth to suffer.
>>
File: 1333505751767.jpg (105KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1333505751767.jpg
105KB, 400x400px
>>35878376
Why do they recommend praising the kids and telling them they are smart?

Don't they realize they are only setting them up to crash and burn when they reach the real world?
>>
File: tfw.png (57KB, 671x588px) Image search: [Google]
tfw.png
57KB, 671x588px
>>35878921
I was a security officer for 5 years and became the head of security for the company. I got burnt out about a year ago and lost the girl I planned on marrying. I am a disappointment to my family
>>
>>35878968
I feel that often
>>
NLD reporting in.

My performal IQ is 80.

It fucking sucks.
>>
NLD here. I only learned right from left recently. 22 years old.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.