[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who /absentfather/ here? Do you blame most of your life's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: 1470966731032.webm (521KB, 390x490px) Image search: [Google]
1470966731032.webm
521KB, 390x490px
Who /absentfather/ here?

Do you blame most of your life's problems on him? I certainly do.
>>
My dad wasn't really absent, he just spent most of his time working himself to the bone doing ER shifts at the hospital to support our family. The only time we actually spent together was during our 6am and 8pm baseball practices, or when he would yell at me to do homework and occasionally hit me.

God, I miss those days. Everything was so simple. Love you dad.
>>
Dad left when i was 4, died 2 years later.

I have a pretty succesful life, so no, cant be because of him your life sucks
>>
>>35872068
He never taught me how to socialize
He never taught me how to be a man
He never throw jokes with me or the entire family
He rarely smiles
He always blame everything on us
>>
>>35872068
Honestly I wish I actually never knew my father. It'd be better than watching him drink himself to death out of guilt of a dying brother and failed marriage. Between being passed out on the sidewalk or berating me the cycle never ended. Funny to think he considered himself to be a good Christian. But I suppose the grass is always greener on the other side.
>>
>>35872068
Bitch asshole always says he loves me but then he shits on me because I'm not like him.

Old man has pure thoughts sometimes because of christian influence and hopes I will marry a qt3.14 christian virgin gf, but still looks down on me because I'm almost 20, never had a job, no gf, and thinks I'm a faggot ass nerd.

Dunno if he hates me because I'm more succesful academically wise, but he's still an asshole that "loves me" but still wants me to be an asshole like him.

Funny thing is he pretends to be alpha, but he is just a stupid Chad dad.
>>
My dad grew up in a ghetto in Havana, Cuba, and moved to a ghetto in New Jersey when he was 9. His father beat the shit out of him, called him a worthless loser, and my dad ended up becoming a varsity football star and an Ivy League doctor.

I think my dad thought this was a good parenting technique. It was not. I love you, dad. I know you meant well. But it didn't work.
>>
>>35872101

there's actually a correlation with death of parents and success
>>
>>35872094

what happened to him? ER dad here as well
>>
>>35872286
>Funny thing is he pretends to be alpha, but he is just a stupid Chad dad.

Chad is an alpha, you ridiculous numale omega.
>>
>>35872744
Don't know, haven't spoken to him in two years
>>
>>35872784

why? what happened?

oregano commento
>>
>>35872068
My parents got divorced when l was 3, l still remember the talk me and my brother got in our first homes kitchen

My happiest memory is still when he came to my 7th birthday in his lunch-break with a red bionicle

He eventually moved to another country and we see each other every year or so at Christmas

We don't really speak that much, l know he wants to be closer with me and my brother but none of us really know what we should do about it
>>
>>35872795
>why? what happened?

I was a little bitter about the whole 6am baseball practices and occasional beatings thing. I still haven't let that go. But my dad doesn't talk to my grandfather, either. What can I say? I'm my father's son.
>>
>>35872850

thanks for replying. i have similar experiences with my ER dad. haven't broken contact, but i am still very resentful and sad about the past
>>
What is this video from? Is that Justin Wong? That girl is pretty adorable tbqh. Wait is that the Marissa the Destroyer kid or whatever?
>>
I don't, but I think I would have turned out a lot different, just from having someone to call "dad". Also, I have learned to hate women from having to live with a bunch of them all throughout my upbringing.

I never really knew my dad and from what I hear of him, he was a big time drug user (died from overdose) and stole a lot, so I don't think he would have instilled any good values in me.

He died when I was about 6 and my sister 8, and she dealt with depression related to him dying for a long time, whereas I honestly felt nothing and still to this day I don't have any emotions attached to it.
>>
My dad never knew his own dad and was raised by his abusive uncle before leaving for America essentially on his own. He tried but he was always a bit emotionally distant and away at work supporting the family.
>>
>>35872068
I blame him for not giving a fuck. He was always a lazy, uninvolved piece of shit. A child requires extra time on the parents' side to turn out normal and emotionally healthy. But nope, he was a lazy moron who just smoked all day after he got home from work.
>>
>>35872829
Which red bionicle? Tahu?
>>
>>35873315
I think so? It was from the very first set of them that came out l'm pretty sure
>>
How important is having a father around during childhood? I don't like blaming my problems on him being absent but most successful people I see usually have had their father present .
>>
>>35872068
To an extent, yes.
After the divorce my mom took me to another country, and from then on I barely heard from the guy. Rarely called and when he did he blamed me for not calling him as a reason I don't hear from him at all. It was like this for the entirety of my childhood, and he only visited a couple of weekends in a total of 12 years. Last time I saw him was in my high school graduation, where he greeted me with a very awkward handshake and nothing else. Haven't spoken to him again since.
I don't know if my social inabilities are because of his absence in my life or part of my personality.
One thing I know for sure is that he is my father, since we're both cowards.
>>
>>35872721
>there's actually a correlation with death of parents and success

That's was actually true for me.
>>
>>35872068
yeah. i certainly do blame most of my inadequacies on him. ive been a neet for 4 years and other shit. all the garbage that happened is mostly because of his absence. I SWEAR TO GOD DUDE when I have children Ill be the dad i never had. i often make bad dreams about him.

and there are people who think just identifying the root of the problem is enough to get over it. it definitely isnt. i need a father figure, a male role model. i have nothing. i float in the void. not only is my personality not compatible with this retarded world, but i lack the support to go out about it confidently.
>>
>>35872757
quit projecting pussy
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.