[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw so autistic I can't tell when a movie is bad >don't

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 5

File: 1463367929761.png (149KB, 390x384px) Image search: [Google]
1463367929761.png
149KB, 390x384px
>tfw so autistic I can't tell when a movie is bad
>don't see anything wrong with cult meme bad movies like the room,
>don't mind them and just enjoy their narratives
>probably have zero critical viewing skills when it comes to movies
Anyone else know this feel? Does this make me retarded?
>>
I dont give a shit about the hivemind
>>
I actually do know this feel

I lack taste, I think everything is okay or better

it's very very rare when I find something I think is actually bad
>>
File: 1488857317791.png (359KB, 720x551px) Image search: [Google]
1488857317791.png
359KB, 720x551px
>tfw tasteless pleb who ruins it for everybody else by financially supporting low quality commercial works
>>
>>35871802
I was like this when I was younger. There's a period of time in between loving everything and developing taste where you just agree with whatever the last reviewer you saw said. Watch enough movies and reviews, you start thinking about them critically, and taste begins to form.

If you start learning about structure, you might be able to see flaws in it when you see movies.
>>
>>35871802
This

Stanley Kubrick and other "Art" movies are fucking boring. Same with most art and music.

If it's not immediately stimulating I have no use for it. I don't have some lofty mental illness forcing me to overvalue the non-obvious.
>>
>>35871948
>developing taste where you just agree with whatever the last reviewer you saw said. Watch enough movies and reviews, you start thinking about them critically, and taste begins to form.
ie, become a sheep
>>
I refuse to believe there is a human alive on this planet that genuinely and unironically enjoys The Room
>>
>>35871955
only the first part of what you quoted, which is a butchered sentence that misrepresents it's original meaning, alludes to becoming a sheep. the second sentence directly says to form critical thinking, ie to not be a sheep.
>>
>>35871975
the sex scenes were cringey
but it was entertaining as a whole. i feel like i can identify with johnny
>>
>tfw literally can't not dance to a beat
really embarrassing when I'm trying to walk and some music is playing
>>
File: images.jpg (5KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
5KB, 225x225px
>>35871802
Ralphthemoviemaker
And the nostalgia critic taught me how to analyze films

Ralphthemoviemaker is under rated
They're both on YouTube
And they're really funny
>>
My friend who is a indie art nerd says I have the best taste out of anyone he knows, in reality I just say what I think 4chan would say.
>>
I didn't know The Room was supposed to be a bad movie. I'm very critical in general and found it to be an entertaining movie.
>>
>>35872061
Some body validate me!!!
rreeeeeee
>>
File: 1490489005519.jpg (15KB, 307x462px) Image search: [Google]
1490489005519.jpg
15KB, 307x462px
>always feel like I'm pretty uncritical and have low standards
>browse 4chan
>many things that are plainly bad or mediocre getting praised eg. Halo, Mass Effect 1, Bojack Horseman, YouTube personalities
I understand not hating these things but how does anybody come to think of these things as good or even great?
>>
>>35872430
i like ralph aswell, anonny.
>>
>>35872574
Thanks anon
His movies are pretty good too
>>
>>35871975
It was genuinely entertaining. I watch a lot of movies and while I'm far from an expert I like to think I have a limited ability to critically analyze them.
It really is a monumental, insane trainwreck of a movie. Almost everything about it is wrong. It's like an alien came to earth and made a movie. I watched it alone and I was in stitches the entire time.
>>
File: da18-Djn.jpg (12KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
da18-Djn.jpg
12KB, 240x240px
>>35871802
Ignorance is bliss, just enjoy it.
>>
>>35872634
King Candy made me really want to up and do something with my life even though i havent done anything lel
>>
Bad taste is a meme

I personally like David Lynch and other artistic hipster bullcrap because i can't stand hollywood films but that's just because i like them, thinking less of someone for enjoying something you don't is retarded

That being said you should be able to realize what the strong and weak points are in a movie

The room is entertaining but it's not hard to point out why it's a terrible movie despite being entertaining

I listen to a lot of /mu/core and "good" music but that doesn't stop me from liking fergie and pop shit even though

Just do what makes you happy
>>
>>35872703
Same anon
I want to see lover but I don't think its on YouTube
>>
>>35872755
i think we are the same anon

i'm listening to throbbing gristle right now but was just listened to destiny's child like an hour ago.

i also just recently watched lynch's short films
the grandmother was my favorite of them
>>
>>35871950
>I don't have some lofty mental illness forcing me to overvalue the non-obvious.
>I'm so stupid I cant see value in anything that isn't obvious
>>
>>35872005
if you learn how to evaluate movies based on what you have been told to value by critics, then you are only being a part of the herd. there is very little that is objective about art and taste should be exactly that, a matter of individual taste, but instead most people want to seem cultured so they learn to view art in a context that someone else created.

people should value what they enjoy and they can have any number of reasons to feel that way but those who go on about critical analysis of movies have something very narrow in mind when they designate something as being in good taste. it's largely subjective but they don't want you to realize that.
>>
>>35873955
But what if I disagree with most critics and my taste developed from a specific critic that I tend to agree with very often?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.