[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am fucking SIIICK of getting BTFO in internet arguments. Can

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 6

File: rose1.jpg (93KB, 450x360px) Image search: [Google]
rose1.jpg
93KB, 450x360px
I am fucking SIIICK of getting BTFO in internet arguments. Can anyone help me with this problem? What do you do to win?
>>
>>35870424

Its called research. Why try to argue if you have nothing to back up your argument. Also, don't just research yourside, but theirs as well. Maybe their side isn't as bad as you think if you look into it more.
>>
>>35870424
Pick your battles and trust in facts and reality.
>>
Green text and a smug anime avatar.
>>
>>35870424
You enter the thread, say whatever you need to say, and then leave. It isn't hard you retard.
>>
definitely picking your arguments

also any help on not being infatuated by rose?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4hUJlPxauM&list=PLwJ2VKmefmxqgjDHRppT_jnqEXuKLmKY6

Here you go.
>>
File: bbc-new-meme-hood-documentary.jpg (109KB, 1200x720px) Image search: [Google]
bbc-new-meme-hood-documentary.jpg
109KB, 1200x720px
Can't lose in an argument if you don't get into one.
>>
>>35870424
> use a pick of lucario orgasm face as avatar
> submit memes as evidence
> tell your opponent "don't respond or else"
> fucking leave
>>
Only discuss things that you actually know about or want to know about in which case you make a neutral statement encouraging further spoonfeeding

>but then i would be a mute
but then we would have world peace and literally every problem humanity has ever faced would never have surfaced
pro tip : you are retarded and will always be, kill yourself is the only answer available to you
>>
File: 1486156163613.gif (81KB, 645x773px) Image search: [Google]
1486156163613.gif
81KB, 645x773px
>>35870424
>see argument happening in thread
>get pissed at one side of the argument
>think about possible ways to insult them
>realize I have no idea what they're talking about and have no way to BTFO the guy
>get even more pissed
>>
>>35870711

>Start arguing with one guy
>10 other anons jump on you
>Have to somehow make clever replies to all of them
>Can't keep up
>get gangbang BTFO
>>
File: 1484265356368.jpg (119KB, 777x656px) Image search: [Google]
1484265356368.jpg
119KB, 777x656px
>>35870511
you forgot the chart
>>
Only argue about subjects that you know about and present your arguments in a, calm, coherent, and logical fashion. Don't get frustrated and don't start presenting fallacious points. If you start to realize that you're wrong, don't resist it. The truth is the truth. If the other person isn't doing any of this, then just walk away.
>>
>>35870424
you have to not care and find someone who does care. throws off their mojo. 2 people who both don't care will realize it soon and abandon ship because it's boring. 2 people who both care will have a subtle jostling of position until the one who cares more is revealed, giving the less caring person the upper hand. same thing happens in business, friendship, romance, everything. be the one who doesn't care. stay away from ones who REALLY don't care.
>>
Just tell people that they are proving your point by disagreeing xD
>>
>>35870424
Rose is such a qt ;-;
>>
File: 1480269577199.png (58KB, 183x183px) Image search: [Google]
1480269577199.png
58KB, 183x183px
>ITT: brainlets

I win arguments all the time knowing minimal or no information about the subject, even with no facts on my side. Argumentation has nothing to do with being correct. You can be obviously, objectively, just flat out fucking wrong and win an argument. It's why flat earth is so funny. The average person is too stupid to articulate why the earth isn't flat so it's easy to abuse that.

Here's how to win literally any argument
>have a strong vocabulary at your disposal
>know how to write properly
>have some fundamental understanding of the subject
>have good deduction and extrapolation skills
>understand the person you're talking to, their motivations, premises, conclusions
>understand fallacious argumentation, spouting "muh ad hominem" is not an argument and only makes you look like a moron
>in fact, call them out anytime they signal some ultra basic logic/debate knowledge
>always speak as if other people are listening, this creates a stage so you can pressure them into humiliation
>never concede unless you have a counter point that puts their point to shame
>never express any negative emotion and point out any time they do
Also, always counteract their writing style. If they're writing a lot, write short snarky replies with substance. But if that's what they're trying to do, lay out everything in long winded replies and shame them for not taking this seriously or acknowledging the work you're putting into this. You don't necessarily need a ton of substance, but you should keep that as a backbone .

It's really just a matter of being a better wordsmith than the other person/people.
>>
>>35870911
What is her YouTube account called again?
>>
The best advice anyone ever gave me is that the point is not to win the argument, but to convince onlookers of your position, or to better yourself.

If you simply think "win win win" it will devolve into way off topic raging.

Actually arguing: Use just as many fallacies as your opponent. Stay on point. Think ahead.

You will rarely be conceded to on the internet so if you think youve won just leave with a smug shitpost.
>>
File: 1489121757825.png (124KB, 292x389px) Image search: [Google]
1489121757825.png
124KB, 292x389px
>>35870930
In other words act like a Jew.
>>
>>35870930
I guess it's a question of what it means to win an argument, which is I guess a question of what your objective is. What you're saying is certainly a good way of convincing someone of something. It isn't a good way of helping you to come to a better understanding of something.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how many points you score on /r9k/. But if you actually try to argue something logically you might develop a better understanding of it or change your own mind. It's just up to you what you want out of it.
>>
>>35870930
>But if that's what they're trying to do, lay out everything in long winded replies and shame them for not taking this seriously or acknowledging the work you're putting into this.
so act like an autist and fill the thread with a walls of text got it
>>
>>35871084
ooh, picking a fight in the thread for people who are insecure about their arguing skills. such courage.
>>
>>35870424
Just never admit your wrong and avoid name calling. People will flock to the better structured and controversial opinion like it's a profound means of thinking.
>>35870818
>>35870930
>>35871022
>>35870898

all these work in some manner
>>
>>35870424

Why the fuck do you keep making this thread when all the helpful answers have already been spoon fed to you? You must be some kind of really fucking stupid if you don't understand by now. Here's a tip, don't argue with people at all if you suck so much at it.
>>
>>35870424
just use ad-hom and act like you know what you're talking about. constantly remind your opponent that he is a retard.

>>35870930
you don't need to do all that to win an argument on 4chan. people here are idiots.
in an actual debate your advice would be applicable.
>>
internet arguments are stupid. if you manage to "win" the argument, then the other person will inevitably resort to shitposting and baiting
>>
you've already lost if you're arguing with people on here. 4chan is where discourse goes to die.
>>
>>35870943
randytaylor69

comment not original blah blah blah
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.