[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>early 2000s >"you should NEVER put your personal

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: 1432986011669.png (86KB, 186x205px) Image search: [Google]
1432986011669.png
86KB, 186x205px
>early 2000s
>"you should NEVER put your personal information on the internet, not even your first name"
>"you spend too much time looking at a screen"
>"talking to people through the internet? e-mail is a replacement for letters, not face-to-face communication"

>now
>"wow anon why aren't you sharing all your fetishes and credit card number with everybody?"
>literally everybody constantly glued to their phones, even old 40+ year olds
>people -literally- texting each other despite 2ft apart

If anyone told you this would be the future, would you believe them?
>>
The matrix, Lain and Kojima warned us.

We never listened. It's now too late
>>
my name is geoff
>>
File: 1409820058768.png (300KB, 433x367px) Image search: [Google]
1409820058768.png
300KB, 433x367px
At least there's plenty of grills posting lewd pictures of themselves for us to fap to.
>>
>>35867780
>>"you should NEVER put your personal information on the internet, not even your first name"
>>"talking to people through the internet? e-mail is a replacement for letters, not face-to-face communication"

That wasn't really a thing. The former was more prevalent in the 90s when AOL and e-mail were only then starting to become a thing with upper-middle class households.

The latter wasn't really a thing either. We used MSN messenger like we would use a phone. "hey what's up what are you up to do you want to do something later".

>literally everybody constantly glued to their phones, even old 40+ year olds

You say that like it's a bad thing. While posting from a computer.

>people -literally- texting each other despite 2ft apart

So? When I was a kid we would pass each other pen & paper notes, or write on each other's desks.

>>35869306
That too. "it was better back then" is such a meme by kids that weren't even around back then or were still in diapers.
>>
that's why I don't feel bad about wasting my youth, I feel ahead of the curve.
>>
>>35869428
>"it was better back then" is such a meme by kids that weren't even around back then or were still in diapers.
34 year old here. I'd say it's about even regarding what we lost with technology compared to what we gained.
>>
>>35869428
>>35867780

To be fair, putting your name and shit out there when it's not absolutely necessary is generally a bad idea. "Don't doxx yourself" is generally good advice.

And yeah we do live in an era where everyone is oversharing everything.

When facebook first came around, these Stacey girls that I knew had their profiles set to public (which I think was by default anyways) but then they would take a screencap of their school schedule and share it with everyone.

That was bad enough then, but a few years later everyone was using apps on their phone that constantly updated and let everyone know where you were at almost any given time.

There is some negative, but it's mostly positive. Just don't be an idiot online.
>>
>>35869428
You're a child talking about things after 2005. Fuck right off.
>>
File: internet is a wild ride.jpg (826KB, 1663x2122px) Image search: [Google]
internet is a wild ride.jpg
826KB, 1663x2122px
>>35869494
As a robot though? Nothing but gain.

I'm 32.

Most of us didn't have the internet back then (the 90s, very early 2000s) and some of us also didn't even have video games or a TV in our room. So when we were alone in our room, we were genuinely alone in our room. I would get so bored that I would get mad and just set shit on fire or break things.

The whole "oh girls don't talk to me because cell phones" thing as a robot is completely moot as well. Cell phones back then were a futuristic thing for businessmen, no teenager my age had one until after high school - and no girl wanted to talk to me.
>>
>>35869584
>You're a child talking about things after 2005.

I'm 32 years old and talking about the 90s and early 2000s.

Are you having a stroke? Is that why you read the complete opposite of what I wrote?
>>
I miss when the internet and real life were separate worlds.
>>
>>35869665

What do you mean?

I mean yeah now there's facebook and google accounts on youtube and shit, but you can still pretend to be someone you're not on some obscure forum. This is an anonymous message board after all.
>>
File: 1486919285835.jpg (11KB, 281x281px) Image search: [Google]
1486919285835.jpg
11KB, 281x281px
>>35867780
not much shows you better that in society that is deemed acceptable what women as a whole consider acceptable and nothing else

funny how entire morals changed slowly from the moment bitches learned about social media and selfies

no purchase will be given to the lone male peddling his own hobbies and ideas

time for pic related mode
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.