[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm 30 years old, gonna be inheriting like 1.5 million GBP,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: floyd-mayweather.jpg (1MB, 2500x1804px) Image search: [Google]
floyd-mayweather.jpg
1MB, 2500x1804px
I'm 30 years old, gonna be inheriting like 1.5 million GBP, not including my house, which is mine (no mortgage withdstanding).

Is this enough to live comfortably for the rest of my life without working?
>>
>30 years old
lad, your life is already over
>>
>>35867677
but I'm fucking more prime pussy than you've ever dreamed of m8 ;)
>>
As long as you aren't reckless with it, you could make it work. I would invest some of it as well
>>
>>35867629
If you don't know then no, not for you.
>>
>>35867629
>>35867721
trying too hard

make your bait less obvious next time

sage
>>
File: 1486599311621.jpg (97KB, 775x1032px) Image search: [Google]
1486599311621.jpg
97KB, 775x1032px
What's your annual spending? Burgers use the trinity study and 4% rule, meaning a diverse portfolio of mutual funds like vtsax and similar and selling off 4% a year. It can be done quarterly or monthly, however you divide it up, but 4% each year. You have good years and bad years but it should even out enough to last you for a long ass time. I like Betterment because it's automated to a large degree. You should be able to draw 32.5k good bop points a year on that comfortably. Other way around is you need about 25xAnnual Spending invested to live comfortably the rest of your life with just selling off piece of your portfolio.
>>
>>35867629
I would immediately throw a million dollars into safe investment. And really keep a strict budget of how much money you're going to have each week for the rest of your life live off that $500,000 until it's gone then then you'll have your million-dollar nest egg
>>
>Live my life without working
How the fuck does someone live off 1,500,000 good boy points
>>
>>35868181
by using IOUs
>>
Fucking richfag REEEEEEE
>>
>>35867629
if you live to be 80 you can live off 30k a year, so depends on how much the house is, but it's possible
>>
>>35867629
Unless you invest no. You can easily get a mutual trades account and make solid bank off that forever. Also be a bit frugal
>>
File: 6454.jpg (211KB, 518x561px) Image search: [Google]
6454.jpg
211KB, 518x561px
>>35867629
Christ dude, that's a lot of good boy points.
In my house that could get you at least a couple years' worth of tendies.
>>
>>35867629
Can you really live comfortably without ever working? People's lives have to have meaning somehow and jobs are currently the best way to do that.
>>
>>35867629
yes, if you invest wisely, in fact you could live comfortably and have some left to reinvest then 10 to 15 years later your capital will grow and you could live in opulent splendor
>>
>>35868098

>throwing away 500k

He should invest it all. What isn't invested sees 0% returns, which is less than inflation. It's possible to live off 500k, but only if it is invested. The idea is to spend less than what it returns.
>>
File: 1486293049823.jpg (109KB, 800x665px) Image search: [Google]
1486293049823.jpg
109KB, 800x665px
Probably not. You'd be best to invest in properties and live off the income from them. Assuming you don't spend ridiculous amounts.

Get a job you want. Don't listen to any other NEETs here that complain about wageslaving. Unless you're a complete sperg that can't do basic human things, work is good for you. Unless you don't actually spend time improving yourself like what most NEETs supposedly do, you'll go mad from boredom and isolation.
>>
>>35868397

I can think of lots better things that give life meaning. Sucking dicks in alleyways, eating poop, walking on broken glass, setting kittens on fire... Come to think of it, anything will provide more meaning to life than working. You must be a very sad little man if work brings you more satisfaction than actually meaningful and productive shit.
>>
Please just keep working. Invest too.
>>
>>35868511
this post really made me kek pretty good

well done, you captured the essence of 4chan pretty damn well there

haven't seen it captured so well in a single post in a very long time
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.