[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Have you ever mentioned going on 4chan irl? I have a couple

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

Have you ever mentioned going on 4chan irl?

I have a couple of times, mostly only gotten weird looks for it though
>>
>>35864994
I have. People don't know what this is and don't care because of that.
I have a friend who does and he is usually on /b/ though. He's cool about it.
>>
A few people at work drag race as a hobby with project cars and talk about /o/ a lot. I mentioned I've heard of 4chan and browse /out/ sometimes and they just gave me "oh okay I don't care" looks.

I browse a lot of boards but I've only ever mentioned the niche boards like /out/, /diy/, etc. to people outside of 4chan. Nobody knows I browse autistic shit like /r9k/, /g/, /biz/, etc.
>>
>>35864994
i try to hide and discourage people form it as much as possible, straight up denying i even come here and say, "its boring"

but 4chan is pretty popular, perhaps there is a super secret remote website on the internet thats all of /r9k/'s best quality's times 100. So valued by it's members that they go to the lengthiest costs to ensure its secrecy to keep the "normies" out.
>>
>>35864994
I don't mind mentioning it because normies have never heard of it or think it's like reddit. The only people who know it post regularly or used to.
>>
>>35864994
Keeping the original site design was the best decision for 4chan, it scares normies for some reason.
>>
>>35865293
ever since the news reported on the "underground hacker message board" normies have associated this site with fear.

also, it makes it look old as duck, i know you're probably used to it but it scares the daylight out of normies with no technical knowledge.
>>
I talk to my brother and friend about it regularly, and my gf browses /v/ every day.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.