[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here /DroppedOut/ I'm 19 and about to drop out of university.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (12KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
12KB, 259x194px
Who here /DroppedOut/ I'm 19 and about to drop out of university. I'm trying to figure out what to do next. My goal in life is to become an actuary so I've debated these two optios
>return home and go to CC while working shit job
>Sell soul to Chair Force for 4 years in return for G.I bux
If you dropped out what would/did you do?
>>
>>35863787
became NEET in my fourth year

i fucking hate life and i want it all to end
>>
I've started studying 4 different subject by now (not american) and always dropped out. Going for 5 this year.
>>
>>35863875
Is college cheap where you live? Because it is NOT cheap here
>>
>>35863934
Yes
Cheaper than not studying because no income tax
>>
>>35863967
What country? Is it difficult to move there?
>>
>>35864037
Germany. Zero clue.
>>
I dropped out because of dickwad professor who graded his tests the following way:
>anything below 95% is a fail
>one part of test is verb tenses, 3x10 fields to write out
>any mistake, any typo, even unrelated to the tense (the area being tested by that part of the overall test) is an instant fail
>any
>4 or 5 of these tests throughout semester
>but it's OK because you can retake each test up to 3 or 4 times :)

I think I went to 20 of his tests over the course of 3 semesters (fuck up 101, fuck up 102, fuck up redo of 101 next winter semester)

I got out, got an independent certification (1 semester, dealing with all grown adult classes, nobody under 30, teachers who treat you like an equal instead of an academic paycheck) and now do a little translating on the side.

Don't tell the government tho, I don't pay taxes and I'm registered voluntarily unemployed. No benefits, no hassle. Only trouble is living with parents but they're old, they'll die soon and I'll have the house to myself once my brother drinks himself into a coma.
>>
Dropping out would be a stupid idea for me. I'm 19 too and I'm lucky enough to have a lot of my expenses covered by my parents. My mom works at the university I go to so I get half of my hours for free, and my parents collectively pay my tuition. My dad gives me money for groceries and my mom gives me money for rent.

My mom has said she won't pay for my rent if I drop out. So even though I don't know what the fuck I'm going to school more I don't know what better option I have. It just seems like a waste of time for me to drop out and then have to start working full time or more at my job to pay rent on top of my bills, and then have to take out loans and go into debt. If I can just stay afloat in college I might be able to graduate without any debt and I just can't pass up that opportunity. But I realize not everybody has the same circumstances. I've had friends drop out because their parents were poor and they had to do all sorts of shit to scrap together the money to afford getting a degree.

I feel like a freeloader and I kind of hate myself for it, but then, what would you do?
>>
Do what you want anon, I think once you're hit with the NEET curse it sticks with you no matter what you do. Here's my history:
>graduate highschool, NEET for a year or so
>attempt college, drop out after a couple semesters due to lack of motivation
>NEET for most of my 20s
>decide to go back to college, FINISH
>get job for about a year
>get fired
>say fuck it all
>permaNEET mode ever since
>>
I dropped out once and I'm feeling like shit about it. Unless your major is objectively shit or if college feels like unbearable hell for you, you shouldn't drop out.

In my case I started the school year with significant anxiety and a lack of motivation, the latter was because I chose the major almost on a whim, just because it had good job prospects. Was mildly suicidal before that too.

Things started out very badly due to anxiety, eventually I more or less recovered of that, although the lack of motivation was still present.

Later my anxiety suddenly returned and it was worse than ever, suicidal thoughts all the time, lost what little motivation I had, constant overthinking and shame... just hell. I dropped out then because my mental state just wasn't adequate for this shit. This might have been a half-assed reason but it really didn't feel like I had another choice.

Immediately after dropping out my mental state improved significantly, but months later I start to feel regret about dropping out. Now I'm still a NEET and feeling like shit due to that possibly bad decision I made. Even though dropping out might have saved me from suicide due to severe anxiety I still feel like it wasn't a good idea.

The regret and shame after dropping out is just unbearable. This dead-end NEET life is shit, but it was still better than the hell I was suffering back then in college. Now my social anxiety is getting worse, feeling more hopeless and incapable every day.

Now this year I have the possibility of studying again, although if anything I would choose another major. The problem is that the memories of my last attempt torment me forever, and I feel like I'd end up dropping out again. My mother thinks that this would happen again. My parents are currently NEET enablers, they wanted me to get a job after dropping out but after a few weeks they never talked to me about that again.

Don't drop out if you can endure it.
>>
>>35864428
Do you NEET at your parents home? Or was money from that one job enough to stay independent
>>
I dropped out still getting 400 euro a month for doing nothing. Gonna do some construction school and work with my dad probably. Earns like 2400 euro a month with 11k vacation money a year so I don't really care
>>
File: 1391751976430.png (25KB, 199x229px) Image search: [Google]
1391751976430.png
25KB, 199x229px
>tfw dropped out at 12 and havent been back to school since
>>
>>35863787
>Cho
>Rodger
>Dylan and Eric

Hierarchy of beta uprisings from best to worst. Cho was a genuine robot I could relate to. D&E were just edgy.
>>
>>35867141
how do you make a living? jkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkjkvu
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.