[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do traffic control >literally get paid $12/hour to set

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1475227907978.jpg (61KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1475227907978.jpg
61KB, 1000x800px
>do traffic control
>literally get paid $12/hour to set up a road closure and then sleep in my truck until the construction crew is done working
>always doing closures on divided highways so no standing there holding a stupid stop and go sign
>boss tells me I'm doing a good job and says I will be a Supervisor soon

We did bridge work today. Set up right lane closure, gave the Supervisor of the construction company a thumbs up, then sat in my truck and slept/played mobile games for 9 hours
>guy comes and knocks on my window and says they are stopping for today and I can take my cones and signs up
>go home
>>
It took about 30 Mexicans to operate a concrete truck and excavator by the way. They literally had like an assembly line of tacos pushing concrete down under the bridge. I give it 2 weeks before it's covered in graffiti.
>>
>>35863697
Good for you anon! Do you know if supervising is going to make you do more work or if it is basically just a raise?
>>
>>35863697
nice anon. make sure not to get caught napping on the job! and make sure to bring a bottle of lotion to jack off in the truck
>>
I did that for a little while, here it's called STMS. I can't remember what the actual shit meant (safety traffic blah blah) but all the actually construction workers and pretty much everyone else knows it as; sit, talk, munch and smoke.

Because we did fuck all.
>>
>>35863931
Supervisors do the same thing basically, but they also respond to wrecks and stuff so are on call 24/7.

>>35863980
The regional manager (big boss) rode with me my first day and even he took a nap.

>>35864078
That's how we are. We sometimes get out and help set something up but only if the DOT big man is there monitoring us.
>>
Holy shit anon, how can I get a job like this? How did you do it? I really need some help, my family is going to kick me out soon. I can't be a NEET forever.
>>
How do you get a job like that? Do you have to work in construction first before you can move to an easy job like that?
>>
>>35864136
So are you technically a government worker? If you've got money to blow id recommend weed or micro dosing LSD to pass the time.
>>
>>35864156
>>35864182
I found it on Indeed just browsing.

But try searching for keywords like traffic control, highway maintenance, road crew, etc.

>>35864215
I'm not sure how it works. I think the company I work for is a contractor for DOT.
>>
>>35863697
Had a similar job, just over the summer though.
I was a caster. 75 % of the day was waiting for metal to melt, or wait for the casting to be done.
It was 5 shift, but i pulled about $15/hour on average.
Man i miss that job.
>>
Guys I have an internship this summer, $17/h with living expenses paid. Gonna be comfy :)
>>
>>35865860
fuck you successfulfag
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.