[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>think I should learn about X >do research about X >experts

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 3

File: 1484160155398.jpg (47KB, 645x968px) Image search: [Google]
1484160155398.jpg
47KB, 645x968px
>think I should learn about X
>do research about X
>experts say I have to read thousands of books
>overwhelmed by amount of things to read
>all sound dry and boring anyway
>give up and go back to being stupid

Sometimes there are simple youtube videos or popular books on it, but experts say they're wrong and I'll learn wrong and I feel like I'm better off being stupid about it.
>>
yeah X is pretty difficult for a beginner, maybe try W
>>
>>35863002
name one example of this, lazy asshole
>>
>>35863059

>History
>Philosophy
>Art
>Math & Science
>Politics
>>
>>35863002
Being an expert is just another type of stupid.

You're extremely knowledgeable about one specific subset of a specific thing - but then you're just as dumb as anyone else when it comes to everything else.

I mean god bless them for what they do, like if you're an expert micrbiologist and you're prevent mass destruction of crops.

But at the end of the day that very same microbiologist will forget the difference between there, they're and their and will still need to a call a plumber after he's flushed too many wipes down the toilet and is unable to fix it himself, and the plumber relies on that microbiologist to keep the environment relatively health, etc.

Just learn to the point where you can articulate your own thoughts on the thing you're trying to learn with the actual facts, don't become an expert unless you want to.
>>
>>35863148
You don't need to read thousands of books to understand a topic.

those categories are way too broad though, try crunching them down into something smaller like "computer science" for example, you'd need maybe a dozen (or 2 dozen if you really want to be a boss) to learn it
>>
File: thicc.jpg (60KB, 744x896px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.jpg
60KB, 744x896px
>>35863148
>>History
fucking kek
why would you even waste a second on it? it's been falsified beyond recovery and it proposes toilet cleaning job opportunities

>Philosophy
a meme
you can be employed as a teacher who teacher philosophy but everyone will look down on you and you'll hate yourself forever
also
>reading someone else's opinions is now academic
FIND MY SIDES

>Art
McDonalds

>Math & Science
The only meaningful on your list
This one truly includes thousands upon thousands of books, however you'll need to specialize in a few only and not know it all

>Politics
>how to be a gigantic corrupt faggot/ advanced criminal organization
the worst one on your list, politicians should be lined up and shot
>>
File: 1452057193638.jpg (253KB, 1080x1283px) Image search: [Google]
1452057193638.jpg
253KB, 1080x1283px
>>35863002
"Yeah, college is a scam, bro."
>>
>>35863495

I don't care about job opportunities. I just want to fill my time by learning things.
>>
>>35863495
You are retarded for thinking people learn these subjects solely for financial reasons.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.