[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it possible to learn a medical field without going into education?

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 3

File: hqdefault.jpg (22KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
22KB, 480x360px
Is it possible to learn a medical field without going into education? I'd like to be a general practitioner and feel like I would despise going to classes (Hated school). I would go to test obviously. But I would want to study from home and learn by myself.
>>
File: towelie.jpg (30KB, 226x400px) Image search: [Google]
towelie.jpg
30KB, 226x400px
>>35860739
- wants to be a Dr but doesn't want education , comes to /R9k/ for advice on said topic
lol dude you are already fucked ...just stop.
>>
If you are even entertaining the notion that you could be a doctor without going to medical school then you're already too stupid to ever be a doctor
>>
>>35860739
No you dumb motherfuck
>>
>>35860739
Grow weed

Gay fuvking robot
>>
>>35860739
This is the stupidest thing I'm sure I'll read all week and its only tuesday
Only in some shithole like Uganda could you be a medical doctor without going to school for a long time
>>
If you watched youtube videos of medical school topics (like meded online), you can easily obtain the knowledge fund of a 3rd year med student. However without the experience of rotating through the hospital you will lack all practical skills whatsoever
>>
>>35860739
Evidentially it does happen though anon so maybe there is hope for you too , as long as you don't mind a long prison sentence in the future
http://nypost.com/2017/03/28/toxic-tush-doc-gets-10-years-in-prison-for-deadly-butt-injections/
>>
>>35860739
wait for society to fall apart and you can get some quick training and be a combat medic
>>
>fuck yeah, I could totally become a doctor by staying at home and having medical videos play in the background while I play minecraft, holy shit I'm gonna be so rich
>>
>>35861698
That's pretty much what I did except I was technically in med school and I played wow mostly
>>
>>35860739
It's definitely possible. Just take virtual classes.

Virtual school is pretty solid.
>>
Knowledge and experience are two separate things. You could most certainly gain the knowledge, but without the experience, it's nothing.
Note: medical fields are the only career this applies to. Lawyers/engineers/anything else can land solid jobs with knowledge alone. Also, the more connections you have, the less knowledge you need.
>>
File: 1339305807874.png (246KB, 381x596px) Image search: [Google]
1339305807874.png
246KB, 381x596px
>>35860739
I was really hoping this was going to be a thread with some autist asking about how he could become a super villain and bring about the beta uprising in some ridiculous way or at least running over Chad and then getting shot by a cop.
>>
>>35861245
>However without the experience of rotating through the hospital you will lack all practical skills whatsoever
Not necessarily.

I'm an amateur pathologist, you see. I learned a lot by practicing on roadkill and other small to medium sized animals I've hunted. OP, you DO NOT want to get caught practicing on animal cadavers. If you go this route, do absolutely everything you can to cover your tracks and be VERY careful. I am not joking. The repercussions are severe if you get caught by the law or anyone else for that matter.

You can get a pretty good pathology setup for performing biopsies and shit for about $500. Also be extremely careful with formaldehyde derivatives because they WILL fuck your shit up bad. Cancer bad.
>>
>>35860739
Possibly. I'm sure you could learn almost anything through the internet now but good luck getting residency.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.