[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got any deep existential or scientific ideas that make you feel

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1748.jpg (98KB, 526x831px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1748.jpg
98KB, 526x831px
Got any deep existential or scientific ideas that make you feel better when you get low?

When I heard about all that plastic in the oceans I got sad untill I remembered how tiny such a matter is in the eyes of the universe.
>>
File: giphy[1].gif (1001KB, 350x254px) Image search: [Google]
giphy[1].gif
1001KB, 350x254px
Learn to be OK with the fact that everything is meaningless, your life has no purpose, and you are going to die and then cease to exist forever.

Also read this thread: >>35824063
>>
File: 1447028469529.png (48KB, 400x389px) Image search: [Google]
1447028469529.png
48KB, 400x389px
>>35849359

>muh relative smallness

So what? If I were bigger would life be more meaningful? (Or vice versa if the universe were smaller) Oh right it wouldn't mean jack shit. Do cows have more meaningful lives than ants?

Existential Dread is just humans being sad and then trying to blame it on something concrete rather than their own subjective emotions.
>>
>>35849409
>everything is meaningless
wrong
>>
>>35849359
There's literally nothing wrong with plastic in the ocean. It's made out of the same materials that have always been on Earth.
>>
File: 547559-healthy-food.jpg (82KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
547559-healthy-food.jpg
82KB, 640x360px
>>35849435
>he is able to create meaning out of thin air and project it onto life, or default to the pursuit of pussy and procreation as the driving force of his existence
>>
>>35849434
Ok but the fact that everything is built of smaller parts then. I am just a big collection of smaller organisms. If the human race gets destroyed and all the animals with it the earth will still be swarming with bacteria who doesn't give a shit about radioactive waste
>>
>>35849488

Ok? Why would that make life meaningless? Let's say Humans were Eternal. Wouldn't an eternal life being just as meaningless as a mortal one?
>>
Take the Stoic view on life. "Feeling low" is homeostasis to the Stoics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu7n0XzqtfA
>>
File: Sehnsucht explanation.png (26KB, 926x231px) Image search: [Google]
Sehnsucht explanation.png
26KB, 926x231px
>>35849359
>Existential
Make the most of what you can, even if you have to lie to yourself to get to a better place in life
>Scientific
Enzymes do a lot, and lacking the proper enzymes to break components down really can fuck people over
>>
>>35849512
Life isn't meaningless you tool. I just need to know humans can't fuck EVERYTHING up. There will always be some life on earth after we are done here.
>>
>>35849409
Nihilism
Finishing Texhnolyze fucking destroyed me. I couldn't sleep for 2 days straight, just thinking about the meaning, the characters, the ending, and how it all played out.
I will never forget this show
>>
>>35849468
your projection of no meaning onto the universe is just as artificial and arbitrary as a projection of some meaning onto the universe but far more self-destructive
>>
File: 1489745713175.jpg (26KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1489745713175.jpg
26KB, 800x600px
I've got a pretty big penis. I suppose it comforts me at times.
>>
>>35849630
I don't project meaning because I have no meaning to project. 404 meaning not found. Meaninglessness is still meaning but at the same time the complete lack of meaning is meaninglessness.
>>
>>35849666
Yes, satan. We know. But can you suck it all by yourself?
>>
>>35849666
>I've got a pretty big penis.
pics or it didn't happen
>he brags about the size of his genitalia on an anonymous Punjabi tapestry weaving forum
>>
>>35849676
>I don't project meaning because I have no meaning to project.
correct, you project no meaning
or do you really think you're being "objective" and "enlightened by the divine light of reason" and other fairy tales lol
>>
>>35849721
>do you really think you're being "objective" and "enlightened by the divine light of reason" and other fairy tales lol
No I just can't find or create any meaning or purpose in life, no fedora intended.
>>
>>35849359

I'll only tell you the truth.

There is no good, no evil, no happy, no sad, no ignorance, no enlightenment, no matter, no idea, no brain, no mind, no self, no other, no country, no planet, no solar system, no galaxy, no universe. There is only the Force.
A = Not A through the compresence of opposites
Spinozas god is as close as you're going to get in philosophy
Advaita is truth
Even modern science backs the universal truth: Brahman is one without a second.

Empiricism is a sham.
>>
>>35849759
yes, and that's a flaw of your psychophysiology

it's good to realize so you can avoid spreading your nihilism to susceptible people
>>
>>35849409
>everything is meaningless, your life has no purpose, and you are going to die and then cease to exist forever.

nobody knows these things for certain
>>
>>35849666
Cuddling with my penis at night. That'd be a new low for me
>>
>>35849806
What is it like without this flaw you say? If other people find life meaningful why would my nihilism change their mind?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.