[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots, I know this might be a troll question, but what does

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: 1476981022634.jpg (584KB, 1280x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1476981022634.jpg
584KB, 1280x1920px
Robots, I know this might be a troll question, but what does "love" feel like?

I think I love my parents and my sisters, but I'm not sure what the feeling really is, per se. I'm friendly with them and I'm thankful that my parents helped me out quite a bit up until now (18 yrs old), but if someone like my sisters (who are all abroad) died, I don't think I'd be terribly upset. If I loved them, though, would I want to cry?

Can someone, in your best words, describe to me what love feels like?
>>
>>35846664
Whenever you see him/her, you get a tightness in your chest, you feel all antsy, you involuntarily start smiling, and you forget about all of the bad in the world.

>tfw I got this feeling for the first time with Marie from splatoon, then Homura from pmmm about a year later
>>
>>35846728
Can't say I've ever felt that before. At least, from what I remember.

Do you think my parents' divorce could have potentially stunted my ability to feel love? They did it when I was 9.
>>
>>35846757
It's very likely, you're probably emotionally shot. But don't stop looking, I never thought I'd ever feel true love. I gave up on finding the perfect gf, and turned to fiction, which has treated me much better than reality.
>>
>>35846664
I know that feeling anon, I probably wouldn't cry if anyone I know dies. I can't remember if I've felt love, though I might have when younger, but I can't remember emotions too well. I've had crushes on girls, but I don't know if those count as love, nor do I really remember what it feels like.
>>
>>35846826
I'm not OP, but fiction doesn't work for me either. I've already watched all the best anime, and felt those feelings, but they quickly die out and I've forgotten it ever happened.
>>
>>35846826
I'm trying to not fall for the 2D harlots. Almost went down that path and it just made me feel more and more despair.

>>35846838
I've had crushes as well. I just thought they were attractive and mysterious, though. I doubt any girl has ever lusted or liked me. It was all lust, no love. I didn't know any of them well.

People talk about """"""love""""""" like it's this amazing emotion, but I can't recall a time in my life besides incredible sadness (parents divorce) and immense fear (flipped off my mom's boyfriend, regretted the decision immediately).

A good family friend of mine that I had known for 8 years (8-16) died and I just didn't really feel all that down. When both my dogs died, I didn't feel all that down either.

Is there any way to regain emotions?
>>
>>35846955
People talk about """"""love""""""" like it's this amazing emotion, but I can't recall a time in my life besides incredible sadness (parents divorce) and immense fear (flipped off my mom's boyfriend, regretted the decision immediately) where I felt an awesome/amazing emotion that made me question what was going on with me*
>>
when two people love each other, they open their hearts to vulnerability. even if one-sided, love is a feeling of wholeness... a person may not have ever known they needed it, but now that they have it, it's hard for them to imagine life without it. i think this is love in its purest form-- the willingness to open up the most fragile part of oneself for another person to call home.
>>
>>35846984
That sounds pretty gay.

Am I really missing out?
>>
>>35846955
I hope it's not too late to regain emotions. I'm pretty sure my emotions were working fairly well about a few years ago in 12th grade when I had friends I could talk to and joke around with everyday, and have classes that genuinely challenged and interested me. I think our lack of meaningful social interaction is one of the causes of our emotional detachment. We may tolerate loneliness as introverts, but we're still humans that were designed to require social interaction for proper functioning. I hope I can motivate myself to join a club or something, but I can rarely get myself to leave my dorm for anything other than food and classes.
>>
>>35847057
Fuck. I'm in the same vein as you. I've had a Chad wingman invite me to a few parties, but they feel like a blur and I didn't even get drunk or drink heavily. I go out to do regular walks, go to the gym, eat, or go to class. I don't know what else to do. All the clubs don't seem interesting to me. I just can't find it in me to contribute my time to anything like a club.
>>
>>35847097
Yeah, it sucks. I had some great friends from high-school, I've been drifting apart from them ever since high-school. Making friends at college is simply unfathomable to me, I might be able to if I go to a club related to my major, but It's just so hard to when I have to remember specific times for meetings, and have to motivate myself to leave my dorm room.
The worst part is I fully know the cure to my problems, almost all of them, but they all require lots of effort and will-power, and I just can't do it.
>>
You'd probably cry. You feel that way now, but when the time comes you'll definitely feel like shit.

It's not something we can predict, human emotions are weird.
>>
love is somehow the best human emotion according to my classmates they find love that easy..... true dude really weird........
>>
To me it was always wishing they were dead, and then when it actually happens, crying randomly at some memory you had of them.
>>
>>35848150
well that just makes you a raging dumbass
>>
>>35847022
it's the only thing that really matters
>>
If it hadn't been for cotton eye Joe, I'd been married long time ago!
>>
>>35849234
Where'd ya come from where'd ya go, where'd ya come from cotton eyed Joe!
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.