[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>do a presentation in high school >start trembling uncontrollably

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: the horror.png (574KB, 606x638px) Image search: [Google]
the horror.png
574KB, 606x638px
>do a presentation in high school
>start trembling uncontrollably and my voice starts to quiver
I hated this shit. How did you guys stop this?
>>
>>35844524
i spent the 4 years getting laughed at when i presented. one time it was so bad no one even laughed
>>
>>35844573
Teachers never stopped them? Did you have the same issue?
>>
Ever since my junior year, I always volunteered to go first. This built up a lot of courage and I got confident as fuck.

If you're nervous, you're not gonna be able to make it go away, and you're not gonna be able to hide your nervousness. You just gotta force yourself into EXTREMES of nervousness, until you get desensitized to it. Then, normal situations won't make you nervous anymore.
>>
File: panic.jpg (55KB, 192x279px) Image search: [Google]
panic.jpg
55KB, 192x279px
>>35844524
>always been good at public speaking throughout middle school and most of freshman year
>final presentation towards the end of the school year
>doing fine
>suddenly get light headed
>knees feel incredibly weak
>heart beating out of my chest
>voice frail and shaking like a bitch
>sweating profusely
>somehow make it through the rest of presentation
>don't really remember finishing but I remember seeing every single kid in my class staring at me in shock
>I was always the laid back skater kid with tons of girls into me
>in that instant my life changed
>could no longer speak publicly or read out loud in class
>complete social outcast
>depression
>other anxiety disorders begin to manifest
>each year of high school my self esteem plummeted more and more
>graduate high school
>refuse to go to college for fear of being in those situations again
>meet chicks post high school and fuck 10 of them...mostly hot ones too
>completely avoid anything where I have to speak publicly
>do a decent job of hiding my horrible self esteem and social anxiety, mostly with alcohol
>work shit job the last 6 years despite knowing my potential if I wasn't such a beta bitch
>don't know how to get over this, but would give anything to do it
>>
>>35844594
no because my teachers would hide their face behind their marking sheets trying not to laugh
>>
>Give presentation at science fair
>Win a free trip to San Diego
>>
>>35844524
If you find the answer tell me, please. I heard you got to desensitized yourself, but also heard great public speakers say they freak out once in a while too.
>>
I'm not sure if it's common with fellow robots, but I actually have no problem speaking to a crowd. I don't get anxiety at all unless I'm speaking to someone 1 on 1, at which point it becomes an autistic trainwreck.
>>
>>35844874
haha fuck you
muted
>>
>>35844524
Strangely enough I never had much issues with presenting. Granted 95% of the time I hated doing it and only did it so I could get a passing grade but things pretty much went smoothly for me.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.