[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't you produce music? >don't need other

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 102
Thread images: 11

File: IMG_3459.jpg (71KB, 659x363px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3459.jpg
71KB, 659x363px
Why don't you produce music?

>don't need other people
>don't need to learn an instrument
>just sit at a computer
>can show off and sell music on YouTube
>can play whole songs in front of people without "uhh I need like my band and my amp"
>requires working knowledge of music and audio instead of just moving your fingers fast
>time consuming without being boring and can see progress
>>
>>35841040
I got into it for a while with trackers and DAWs but like everything else in my life I slowly stopped doing it to drink alcohol and hate myself instead
>>
>>35841040
>implying you could ever be an accomplished musician by just "moving your fingers fast" with no working knowledge of music

Kek, I bet you can't even tell me what a fecepive cedance is without google faggot.
>>
nobody cares about your music unless you play live.
>>
I play instruments well enough but producing music is too boring.

I wish I could be assed. I've got a lot of songs in my head that no one will ever hear.
>>
>>35841087
Deceptive cadence** my phone is a retard
>>
Is there any free music making programs?
I want to try.
>>
>>35841102
Why? I don't listen to any music with guitars or shit in it.

>>35841075
It gets boring but I just watch tutorials on YouTube while I browse this shit site
>>
Is it really as good as you're making it out to be or are you fucking with me again?
>>
>>35841158
If you like the genre your making and can focus then yeah
>>
>>35841040
I do but it's too shit to sell https://soundcloud.com/lebigshot
>>
>>35841109
We're on the internet, i can tell you anything about anything!
deceptive cadence. [English] A chord progression where the dominant chord is followed by a chord other than the tonic chord usually the sixth chord or superdominant chord
>>
>>35841170
I'll add to this actually. The type of music I make I listened to for years and never bothered trying to learn it and then I started to shit myself when i figured out how they were doing it and I got absorbed in it. I've been doing it every day for 3 years and I'm a neet retard.
>>
>>35841040

What is that program called? In the pic related.

looks like a better version of fruit loops. Can you import sound packs to it?
>>
>>35841208
Nothing is better than fl
>>
Iv been producing years..no one gives a shit unless it raises their social standing cause they listen to you..which unless you've got 5,000 facebook friends it wont..make music for you and only you
>>
>>35841229
When I first started I posted my amateur shit on YouTube just for critique and people asked to buy it

I make trap beats though
>>
>not playing drums
Literally the easiest instrument to self teach
>>
>>35841137
Fl studio demo version is free but it kinda sucks without drum kits downloaded and you can't save your art

Just download the fl demo and get a key or crack for it and also try watching YouTube videos it starts off slow and a lot of people can't figure it out

Literally just kick at 1 3 9 snare at 6 and hi hats at 2 step and add a melody is a good start
>>
>>35841040
Because musical creativity is something to be outside the grasps of most robots.
>>
>>35841222

>Nothing is better then fl

I am an idiot. Care to explain why it is better. why should i use fl?

Convince me
>>
Who Adobe Audition here?
>>
>>35841040
Music is not profitable until you hit a certain level of fame.
>>
>>35841492
Who said anything about money? It's just nice to make pretty & meaningful things
>>
File: 0980987.jpg (27KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
0980987.jpg
27KB, 500x461px
>>35841103
>I've got a lot of songs in my head that no one will ever hear
me too friend
>>
>>35842701
The most painful part is that I can play every instrument needed to play the song, but I can't play them all at once. If only I could multiply myself.
>>
i have like 4 hours of stuff from the past year and a half but im very much an amatuer who does it just to listen to it

please lay it on me, are my beats shit

ive stopped making them much now and if you have anything to say about them be shitting on it or saying its okay or giving me ad vice, thatd be great

https://clyp.it/jtpvyes5
https://clyp.it/5ppyla5s
>>
Who can i get sample packs to use and not wory about getting sued if the song was on tv or something anyways? is using drum sounds from packs for free gonna get any attention or get me in trouble? also is using vst presets shameful? i do both of these but sometimes make patches but mostly slightly tweak presets
>>
>>35841229
I agree, I've been making music for years, probably at 300-400 small little musical ideas and 2 bar loops, a few 4-5 minute tracks that I've finished over a month or 2. Won't release any of it as noone wants to hear it and I don't blame them, I make it because it's rewarding, theraputic, I like listening back to what I've made and it's a good way to express yourself and get ideas from your mind onto paper. Would recommend.
>>
lmao fags

ur not musicians
>>
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0RtlEVkecoF recorded this tonight, it's bad, someone help me please

>>35841173
Sound's like professional-grade trap to me, but then again i don't listen to trap

>>35842830
The first one's not too bad, at the very least you have a good ear melody. The second one just sounds a bit annoying to me- maybe a different synth would help
>>
>>35843165
why limit yourself to a single instrument when you can create any sound you want?

go twiddle your fingers on a string board
>>
>>35843429
Oh, all my stereo shit and mixing was ruined uploading to vocaroo
>>
I bought the Volca set, used it for a few months, and gave it away. It was fun, but I learned that I'm not into music production as much as I thought I was.

There have been more Volcas that have come out since I did this, so I may buy the set again someday and do it all over.
>>
>>35841040
I'm too retarded to understand how fl works
>>
>>35843165
what a hot take

you sure convinced me with those hot opinions
>>
>>35843597
dude m too but i still had some shit beats get on tv once

you can do it
>>
File: 1430534159018.png (39KB, 228x249px) Image search: [Google]
1430534159018.png
39KB, 228x249px
>>35841040
>playing an instrument is just moving your fingers quickly

obviously was never good enough to actually practice or learn
>>
Can someone explain to me... Grimes doesn't seem that intelligent, she's a bit of an airhead, how the fuck does she make such good music?
>>
>>35841040
>requires working knowledge of music and audio
this is the part where I gave it up
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98rWLZGamk

I have a lot of these.
>>
>>35843714
>Grimes
>good
That was your first mistake
>>
>>35843747

I know it's not "super deep" or "complex" music, but some of the more pop tracks sound really good, is this just producers taking over her work and making it sound better, or does she actually have talent?
>>
File: pattern-editor-300[1].png (108KB, 1422x911px) Image search: [Google]
pattern-editor-300[1].png
108KB, 1422x911px
i just want to make oldschool rave and jungle but i don't have time ;_;
>>
File: Screenshot (39).png (868KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot (39).png
868KB, 1920x1080px
I played around with fruity loops for like a week and got really bored. I need to be like on adderall or coke to have the motivation to sit on my computer for hours composing little trap beats. Wish i had it in me to keep producing
>>
File: 00107what.png (415KB, 700x621px) Image search: [Google]
00107what.png
415KB, 700x621px
Because I don't know music theory. What's the point in making music if I don't know music itself?
>>
>>35843767
I take it back, -partly- some of her Visions-era stuff is great, but every song I've heard off Art Angels is ear-splitting. I take for what it is (pop music) and I still hate it, I can't enjoy single track, whereas Genesis I can spin on repeat forever.
To her credit, I think she produces all her own stuff, so I guess she does have talent, it just bugs me that AA is basically mu-core when it sounds outright shit to me, so I'll shit on her when I get the opportunity.
>>
Oh but I do anon!
I want to improve myself so I can eventually make music for vidya.

Also people have offered me money for my work. So there's that.

https://m.soundcloud.com/user-369511360/

Pls judge me
>>
>>35841173
>https://soundcloud.com/lebigshot
>Poppin
Did you really just sample Jon Tron at 0:29?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqx4ywmqYUw
>>
>>35844073
sounds really good to me, anon
>>
>>35841040
What program is that so i make beatsies
>>
>>35841040
OP, you are an extra special type of retard
>>
>>35844277
I think Audition
>>
File: 2016-05-10 20.33.29.jpg (26KB, 175x199px) Image search: [Google]
2016-05-10 20.33.29.jpg
26KB, 175x199px
>>35844073
Wow pretty bad my dude, I laughed out loud when I heard these.
>>
>>35841040
So what I'm getting is that you want to make music but don't want to actually work at it.
>>
>>35841040
Playing live is part of the experience for me. It's fun to hang out with the band and play at shitty bars. Also, you can't really jam or improvise the same way using a daw.
>>
>>35841040

I do

I even have a friend who is a soundcloud rapper

>>35841137

Bitwig is torrentable and as good as it gets
>>
>>35844073
Dont listen to these other faggots, it's good but you need to work on the backing stuff. It's jarring and throws the main rhythm off, I suggest listening to the end product and taking out anything that feels like it isn't going with the main symphony, is all good otherwise
>>
>>35841040
I do. It's a great hobby and a nice skill to know since normies believe it's rocket science

>tfw making your second album
>>
>>35842745
That's literally what producing is dipshit
>>
>>35843832
You haven't needed to learn music theory to make music since the inception of music, Anon.
>>
File: image001.jpg (762KB, 1580x1219px) Image search: [Google]
image001.jpg
762KB, 1580x1219px
>>35841040
>2017
>Not making your own synths, sequencers, and generative sequencing engines in Max/MSP
>>
>>35843727
I enjoyed listening to what you posted
>>
I do tho
https://m.soundcloud.com/bside_of_the_moon/dream-metro
>>
>>35843813
You know what fucking sucks. Old school trap beats from lex Luger in like 2006-2013 are completely dead. Mainstream trap has taken over I mean all of its not bad but I think there should be a combination. Trap became a slow r&b type overly produced shit. I miss those raw beats from juicy j lex chief keef and old school waka. It was so much better when it wasn't overproduced and i really just want to make that happen again.
>>
>>35844658
Of course you don't, but why start from scratch when people with greater minds have already figured out things for you?
>>
>>35844727
lol that's too much man. I'm just trying to capture a certain sound, you guys can make that shit though.
>>
>>35841040
I used to but the only kind of music I actually enjoyed making were sample based and once I was good enough to actually get played in clubs it was disappointing that I basically couldn't make any money off of it without DJing myself because the legal was too cost prohibitive
>>
don't you need to download loads of instruments and sounds and plugins and shit?
>>
Because im not musically inclined and cant make even a basic beat to save my life.
>>
I just started playing around with ableton and ended up with this is as my first little creation.
https://clyp.it/fonmg2rg
tell me what you think
>>
>make a very basic beat
>hear people saying "it sucks" and laugh at it in my head
>quit
>>
>>35845000
Not really for mine there was like 2 traditional drum kits and nexus that I downloaded in my progress of learning. I had no knowledge of computers and just followed YouTube videos and got it. Once you learn the genre there's enough tradition sounds where you actually end up using less than you would think
>>
>>35844086
Kek yes, yes I did
>>
File: C79h6CpXgAUkDg2.jpg (63KB, 750x550px) Image search: [Google]
C79h6CpXgAUkDg2.jpg
63KB, 750x550px
I will post in this thread tommorow because I must sleep now

Good night creatives and non-creatives alike!
>>
>>35845094
>https://clyp.it/fonmg2rg
make more <3
>>
Because I don't know how to work flstudio and I'm too poor too pay for any good sounding instruments. I really want to but I never get anything sounding like how I want.
>>
Just started messing around in FL demo, this is one of the first things I made.

https://clyp.it/sn2hl3hi

bls give thoughts
>>
>>35841040
I make live music already. I don't really like software for creating as I find myself spending more time fiddling with instrument sounds instead of actually writing music. Too much choice basically.

I am interested in making electronic type shit though, so maybe one day I'll sit down and work in a DAW.
>>
File: 1454277161203.jpg (73KB, 332x333px) Image search: [Google]
1454277161203.jpg
73KB, 332x333px
>work like 100 hours on a single song
>get bored with it
>start new project
>work 100 hours on that as well
>get bored again
>rinse and repeat

How the fuck do you stop doing this?
>''Just do it man just push yourself xD''
How am I supposed to ''push myself'' if I'm not feeling like it?
You can't force creativity like that, it's not like like I'm tarring a fucking roof.

Bls help, I haven't done any work for over two weeks because I'm in a rut. I've had this problem for as long as I can remember btw (not finishing shit)
>>
Any free programs to start?
>>
>>35847657
www.pirateproxy.net
>>
>>35847473
Literally just put 8 notes on a minor scale repeat 2 times then put drums on it
>>
>>35847692
It's far more complex than that.
If you ever tried any of these programs you would know that.
>>
I do but don't share stuff
I can't finish most songs
No confidence
Depressed and lacking will to do most things nowadays even if I enjoy them
>>
>>35847717
I've been using them for years
>>
>>35847132
I can hear you are using the default kicks.
You should never use default shit, always give your own spin to something.

Anyway, just download the full version already.
>>
>>35847767
Just because you've been using a paint brush for a while doesn't mean you can paint a Mona Lisa.
>>
>>35847786
Well you can't even make one song so
>>
>>35847805
I'm a perfectionist.
And I'd rather not make anything at all than Indistinguishable shit song #45326993593158
>>
>>35847676
>www.pirateproxy.net
Thanks
>>
>>35847473
Upload it and put it out there I do that with my stuff work on it till I can't think of anything to add then then upload it

>Then I delete it off the internet soon after
>>
I try to make stuff with my friend. Its bad but theres also noticable improvement overtime which feels good sometimes
https://open.spotify.com/artist/6vN2T2sbOuetwhr0aIIYpU?context=spotify%3Aartist%3A6vN2T2sbOuetwhr0aIIYpU
>>
>>35847862
You have to make all those songs before you make good ones
>>
>>35847770
Thanks, I'll make sure to do that in the future.
>>
I want to, but do you need to learn shit like whole notes, treble clefs, arpeggios, suspended A majors, sustained fellatio quarter beat increased tempo and all that other crazy shit? How do you get started?
>>
https://clyp.it/4551jlj4
RATE THIS N I G G A
>>
Actually studied composition before switching to ECE. Rate please.
https://soundcloud.com/ianscuffling/peanosequence
>>
>>35848067
I know how to read music and I still don't know how the fuck fl studio works.
>>
>>35841173
holy shit. filter ur hi hats and use triplets. a lot of ur sounds are too harsh on the ear. add gross beat to sound like a pro nig. other than that, looks like ur headed in the right direction!
>>
>>35848147
too boring
>>
https://clyp.it/5g4mwihr

WHADDA BOUT DIS IS THIS GOOD?
Thread posts: 102
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.