[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

In this thread I will post quotations narrating the life of Timothy

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 6

File: mcveigh37.jpg (5KB, 184x273px)
mcveigh37.jpg
5KB, 184x273px
In this thread I will post quotations narrating the life of Timothy McVeigh, from his birth until his death at the age of 33.

I intend to cover:

>his childhood and family
>his school experience
>his years in the army
>his relationship with others
>his experience after leaving the army
>his crime and subsequent time in prison

Please bump to keep the thread alive if it interests you.
>>
File: mcveigh35.jpg (85KB, 928x449px) Image search: [Google]
mcveigh35.jpg
85KB, 928x449px
On Tim's parents

>"To outside observers, they might have seemed like a mis-match. He was shy; she was boisterous. He was quiet; she loved to swap stories and jokes with friends."

On Tim's father teaching his son to ride a bike

>"As Tim caught on he began to ride it by himself, though at first the boy lacked endurance for long rides. But his father found a way around the problem. He tied a rope from his bike to his son's, and spent the weekend afternoons towing Tim happily along behind him. From time to time a plant guard would come out and order them of the property, but Bill and Tim would return"

On young Tim as gentle

>""He had a very gentle way with little kids and he always had a great love of animals," says Liz McDermott, a former next-door neighbor who remembers McVeigh's two cats, Tough Clyde and Shakespeare - in honor of the April 23 birthday he shared with the bard."

who is this guy tho?
>>
File: 1486337173556.gif (152KB, 500x516px) Image search: [Google]
1486337173556.gif
152KB, 500x516px
guess I'll bump
>>
>>35835914
He killed 170 people with a fuck off bomb
>>
File: mcveigh.jpg (24KB, 267x240px) Image search: [Google]
mcveigh.jpg
24KB, 267x240px
On Timothy's home life as a child

>"Neighborhood boys noticed differences between the McVeighs' home and theirs. Adults were rarely around. Tim never had birthday parties. His chief disciplinarian was his sister Patty, only two years his senior, who summoned his friends' mothers to reprimand the boys when they got out of hand."

On young Tim as a quiet boy

>""He was the quiet one," said the teacher, Coleen Conner. "A lot of the quiet ones are the ones who have ended up doing scary things. You never know what you have sitting in the classroom.""

On Tim's love for animals

>"Tim was playing near the pool when he noticed one of the older neighborhood boys carrying a burlap sack. [...] He watched as the older boy pitched the sack into the pond, where it quickly sank to the bottom. "What was that" Tim asked, running around to the far shore [...] "Those are kittens my cat had," the boy answered in a matter-of-fact tone. For Tim, who loved animals and especially kittens, the realization of what he had witnessed hit him hard. He cried about the incident for days."

On Tim attempting to rescue a baby rabbit

>"Tim walked into his garage and noticed that his own cat had cornered a frightened baby rabbit. The car went for the back of the rabbits neck, fatally wounding the little animal. Tim let out a scream [...] and ran for his parent in tears. "Please," he screamed, "Take the rabbit to a veterinarian hospital! He's hurt!" His parents said they couldn't. After all, it was just a wild rabbit [...] in later years he would point to both incidents as landmarks in his growing awareness that life is about "difficult decisions"."

LinusTechTips?
>>
File: mcveigh33.jpg (39KB, 400x300px)
mcveigh33.jpg
39KB, 400x300px
>>35836117
OP here. I was interested in learning more about his life, having heard either brief summaries of his character ("evil", "psychotic", etc) and felt some people here might be interested too.

On young Tim's first experience of being bullied

>"At ten, Tim had his first bad encounter with a bully. The incident occured in late spring 1978 at Little League baseball practice [...] The bully walked up to Tim and grabbed his baseball cap. Tim tried to retrieve the hat and wound up in a tugging match with the bigger youngster. Then, without warning, the bully wallopped Tim. Stunned, Tim ran to his father's station wagon and hid in the backseat and wept."

On young Tim feeling like a failure

>"He felt like a failure in the yes of his father, who was an accomplished softball player. He lacked the aggressive jock mentality, the muscle coordination, and the size to be a star athlete; he would come to be known as "Noddle McVeigh" because he was as thin as a noodle. And Time was certain that his father was disapponted by his lackluster performance"

On Timothy's parents

>"His parents' troubled marriage ended when McVeigh was 10, and from that point on he lived mostly with his father."

On the reason for Timothy's parents' divorce

>"His [father's] staid style was a factor in the breakup of his marriage to Mildred "Mickey" McVeigh, who considered him "too domesticated," said an acquaintance of hers. "Bill's idea of a Friday night was to have a pizza, watch the ballgame and water his plants," the acquaintance said. Neighbors said Mickey McVeigh often went without her husband to bars, restaurants and clubs."

File: mcveigh`15.jpg (11KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mcveigh`15.jpg
11KB, 480x360px
On the effect of divorce on young Tim

>""I just felt for him," she said. "His mother wasn't around. The father worked nights. The kids were alone. But he never showed any troubled side to me. He never seemed to be affected by it. He was always smiling, always polite." Neighborhood boys noticed differences between the McVeighs' home and theirs. Adults were rarely around. Tim never had birthday parties. His chief disciplinarian was his sister Patty, only two years his senior, who summoned his friends' mothers to reprimand the boys when they got out of hand."

On Tim's relationship with his grandfather Ed

>"In all his life, there was only one person whom Tim could actually and unabashedly say he loved - his paternal grandfather, Ed [...] As grandson and grandfather walked beside the Eerie Canal to a small ravine where they practices target shooting, Grandpa McVeigh offered bits of wisdom his grandson would long remember. This was better than school - his grandfather never took on the formal tone of a teacher, allowing room for a loose, friendly camaraderie to build between them instead."

On Tim experiencing further bullying at school

>"Tim was tiny for his age, and no match or the two [fellow students] when they grabbed hold of him. Before he knew what was happening they flipped him upside down and carried him over to a stall, headed for what the other kids called a "swirlie""

On young Tim's experience in his neighbourhood

>"Scrawny, slight and uncoordinated, McVeigh always was one of the last picked for a team, but nonetheless showed up for neighborhood games. He could barely skate but constantly geared up for pick-up hockey matches on the pond by his childhood home. "We used to push him around-you know, pick on him," his neighbor John Waugh said"

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.