[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is 22 too old to start playing the guitar? i feel like it's

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4757.jpg (34KB, 800x272px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4757.jpg
34KB, 800x272px
is 22 too old to start playing the guitar? i feel like it's way too late :(
>>
>>35833889
No age is too late to learn an instrument, just be aware it'll be a little harder than if you had started playing as a kid.
>>
>>35833984
yeah but i feel like it will take me 5 years to be able to play just a few songs. and in that case it's just not worth it imo
>>
Synaptic pruning happens during puberty, if you didn't learn a skill before that you're fucked, you can only 'learn' the applications of already mastered thing as adult. In other words, you have a chance if you practiced something that involved rhythmic motions and finger agility. No, masturbation is not it
>>
>>35834076
so it's not worth it to start this late?
>>
>>35834076
So what you're saying is that anyone that ever played video games (hand eye coordination, rythm) they could master any skill/trade that involves hand eye coordination or rythm?
>>
I started at age 13 and still can't play more than 5 songs 10 years later
>>
>>35834050
blink 182 songs take 30 minutes to learn if you've never played any instrument before. just look up a guitar lesson on youtube they're all one 4-5 note riff and then 4 chords that are all the one same shape in 4 different spots.
>>
>>35834184
If you can play at least 4 chords you can play infinite songs
>>
>>35834221
t. a guy who started playing guitar at 20
>>
>>35833889
if you are here there is a high chance you will buy it have fun for a month or two and never touch again

t. guy who did it 3 years ago
>>
>>35833889
There is not a fixed time. I started when I was 18, and eventually I surpassed my friend who started when he was 13 (we have the same age).
>>
>>35834221
are you retarded? even the simplest songs are quite difficult if you've never held a guitar before
>>
>>35834158
It's feasible, though there are several studies that dispell the 'videogames make you smart strategist' meme. It seems like videogames are so specialized already that they only make you good at playing videogames.
>>
I'm 22 I started learning in October and I'm pretty good.

I'm learning drums too. I already know virtual insruments so I'm going to record an EP by the end of summer. Girls don't give as much of a shit but they still are impressed by it.

Guitar playing becomes /literally who cares/ when you hit 30 and women your age are more interested in your credit score and money than your hobbies
>>
>>35834050
I've been playing for about 5 months and I can learn just about any song in a day
>>
never fall into the pitfall of learning songs and not focusing on theory and technique.

i've been playing for 4.5 years but have progressed the equivalent of 2 years with proper practice.
>>
>>35834340
how good are you actually tho? how many songs can you play? i've never seen someone who's good and started late
>>
>>35834221
Thats bullshit and you sure know it
>>
File: sailor twofaced.jpg (81KB, 347x347px) Image search: [Google]
sailor twofaced.jpg
81KB, 347x347px
>>35833889
once you build up enough finger strength to do bar chords it gets waaaay easier. I can look up the chords for just about any song online and play it well enough in like 15 mins.

I am self taught (I had a friend I could ask questions to which helped) and after about a month of practice I felt like something 'clicked' and it got way easier.
>>
>>35834298
Not pushing Vidya at all, just an example. Personally I think you can learn something past puberty it just takes a lot more dedication.
>>
>>35833889
Give me one (1) RATIONAL explanation as to why one would be "too late" to learn anything?
>>
>>35834397
Songs are literally just a progression of chords. If you practice chords like 5 hours a day, you'll be good at switching between them in like a month. Once you know like 8 chords you just fucking look up the chords for a song and play them it isnt goddamn rocket science
>>
File: 1488744187825.jpg (116KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488744187825.jpg
116KB, 720x960px
I started playing nearly 3 years ago when I was 17 and I'm now nearly 20 and I never had any lessons. Now I'd say I'm a fairly solid rhythm player but I'm awful at solos and don't know many scales.

I'm pretty mediocre for the time I've been playing but I can still play a lot of stuff and have fun with it.

As long as it's just a hobby then go for it. Jamming along to backing tracks is a fun pass time.
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.