[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>24 white male, live alone >normalfag lifestyle by yalls

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 6

File: 1490603726641.jpg (57KB, 600x594px) Image search: [Google]
1490603726641.jpg
57KB, 600x594px
>24 white male, live alone
>normalfag lifestyle by yalls standard but my interests and hobbies are obscure at best
>Jehovah Witnesses keep coming to my door. >Always polite and kind to them cause why not
>They never stay long, only 2 mins or so
>Never have to force them to leave, always easy to talk to
>went to church as a kid but agnostic now
>Nice older man and woman last week gave me pamphlet about faith.
>same woman plus another new woman today, she remembered me
>Work night shift cause wageslave, so they always catch me during the day when im home
>overall pleasant experiences so far 7/8 would do again
>event in April at Holiday Inn
>no interest in their faith but they are polite people
>told them maybe I will see them at event
>whathaveidone.gif
>start looking into what they actually believe
>Tons of wacky shit
I mean i get that with any religion people are gonna believe crazy shit but JW seems borderline cult like: need to to evaluated and pass a board panel after rigorous study to be indoctrinated, get shot if you leave the faith, only 140k people actually go to heaven the list goes on

Worried these people are gunna bum rush me but I want to be nice to them. Kinda considering checking out the event still just in case they have free snacks
>>
My father is a Jehovah's Witness, and I was raised that way. When I was a teenager, I started thinking the nihilism way, so i asked my dad if I could stop going. He eventually agreed and I dropped it all.

Now I, much like you, op, am agnostic.

Jw is like a cult. It's extremely boring and it brainwashes you and makes you think "logically" about their principles and lame laws.

I suggest you don't go, dude. They're nice people to be around, but it gets weird being an outcast with a bunch of semi churchfolk.
>>
File: 1453262016638.png (5KB, 318x315px) Image search: [Google]
1453262016638.png
5KB, 318x315px
>>35832698
It's really fucking bizarre what people can be convinced to believe in.
They might not even really believe in it, but anyone who leaves the religion loses all their friends and families, everyone they know is in the religion, it's a common thing with cults.
>>
Former jw here

Ive found most of the brothers and sisters have turned to the truth because they want to see their loved ones. Their decent company though, maybe not for the average robit
>>
File: background.jpg (330KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
background.jpg
330KB, 1920x1200px
>>35832784
nihilism appeals to me, but Im not autistic enough to believe that the world is devoid of any spirit or that emotion isnt more than an instinctual response. Probably my emotions that make me believe and feel like that which is a paradox but still, having at least something you believe in is worth while, even if its chan or anime lol

>"we are nihilist, we believe in nothing"
>"we dont prescribe to any faith or doctrine, and discourage religion"
>"yep we meet every saturday and discuss this common idea"
kek i know its not like that but its still backwords
>>
>>35832698
Kek anon, what a nice man you are
>>
>>35832698
I wish I could be a nihilist hedonist, but I'm an ugly friendless 25yo virgin. Oh well
>>
File: 59lpzzjgez0y.jpg (252KB, 1879x609px) Image search: [Google]
59lpzzjgez0y.jpg
252KB, 1879x609px
robots without confidence, whats holding you you back from saying fuck it? why hold back when your out in public?

A lot of times when Im out in public i take on an attitude that my old roommate had. He was a ripped black chad and used to pick up chicks anywhere, even walmart at 3am, I saw him use paper towels as a scarf one night when it was cold. He drove a POS buick century cause it was cheap. The dude didnt give a fuck. He repeated a mantra regularly of "i dont give a fuck, im never gunna see these people again in my life anyways". it allowed him to be confident with women and strangers and the dude got laid all the time and was never held back by inhibition. this attitude helps immeasurable in dealing with strangers and allows you to speak your mind. even if it goes bad and they think ur an idiot, youre never gunna see them again anyways
>>
File: 5AzhFnv.jpg (57KB, 640x607px) Image search: [Google]
5AzhFnv.jpg
57KB, 640x607px
>>35833179
fkn yolo brah
>>
>>35832698
Mormons are way more aggressive with their conversions that JW, but after their mission mormans give up the good fight and dont try and convert up. JW will go door to door their whole lives
>>
>>35832974
The more I stare at that image, the comfier it gets.
>>
File: phPY5uW.jpg (741KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
phPY5uW.jpg
741KB, 2560x1600px
>>35833943
lol i snagged from a comfy thread about a year ago actually
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.