[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who here feels like they are trapped between two worlds I mean

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 3

File: Knuckles_the_Echidna.png (85KB, 273x364px) Image search: [Google]
Knuckles_the_Echidna.png
85KB, 273x364px
Who here feels like they are trapped between two worlds I mean I can't accept the mundane of reality and search for divinity elsewhere as if these are two principles that hold our world together. It gives me a reason to endure all this pain because I know it will end and perhaps I will end up where I already am inside just a step further into that unknown place. Tell me about your spirituality I just want to talk about it because when I spend too long meditating on it I feel very lonely.
>>
>>35831886
I feel like I can relate to knuckles because in a way I am on my own angel island protecting my master emerald however I am still in search of the missing pieces and I am gathering them
>>
the truth that can be spoken is not the real truth

look for the square with more than 4 sides
>>
>>35831958
I get that perspective blurs the truth because it is diluted the second I try to put it into words but that wont stop me from trying as that doesn't render it a futile effort. I just want some feedback because like I said I spend so much time withdrawing I need to spend this time releasing to absorb what others might say I feel I need this right now.
Im not sure what you mean by the square with more than 4sides but that reminds me of a saying of seeing the tesseract in the snowflake I believe that is a good way to approach perceiving things
>>
>>35831886
I tried to be religious for years. But you can't fake it.
Just accept the reality and learn to deal with it. Deep down you will always know you're faking it. It won't give you comfort.
Read Boethius/Aurelius
>>
>>35831886
I can't understand what the hell you are trying to say, because you grammar is atrocious.
>>
>>35832030
I tried to be religious as well but I don't believe I was faking it more like I did not want to be restricted by it. I tried to follow the teachings of jesus christ but I learned it is impossible for me to become completely ascetic and completely spiritual therefore the answer was balance and to embrace my degenerate aspects while still reaching for some kind of divine purpose. That will always be true to me and I am not faking that so I can't just drop it. It's like these teachings guide me on my path but I can only trust the master sensei within instead of trying to adhere to the teachings everywhere outside.
>>35832047
I don't believe it's that hard to understand.
>>
>>35832087
>I don't believe it's that hard to understand.
What does this mean?
"I mean I can't accept the mundane of reality and search for divinity elsewhere as if these are two principles that hold our world together."
It is not coherent.
"It gives me a reason to endure all this pain because I know it will end and perhaps I will end up where I already am inside just a step further into that unknown place. "
What gives you reason, what unknown place?
>>
>>35832264
If we normally accept that this world is completely nonspiritual and totally material then adding a spiritual side to it would be adding an opposing element to it. This is to make a duality model in my mind such as water vs fire.
If I can believe that such a place exists then I can accept there is evolution past my current human self and therefore I must endure in order to continue on my path of spiritual growth. This unknown place is that of imagination but I cannot write it off completely because it is so strong that I feel it is an alternate reality of unknown benefit.
I believe in this model because it neatly fits next to natural models like metamorphosis incorporating life and death.
>>
>>35832355
What does 'material' mean to you?
>>
>>35832380
As matter or purely biological processes. When I think of material it would be everything in this world and so immaterial would be everything out of this world such as a soul or spirit.
>>
>>35832414
>>35832355
>le dualism meme
Utterly and eternally btfo by mind-brain connection

I told you grow up. It's easier in the long run
>>
>>35832458
I am growing up. This is part of the process. However what is the matter is dualism? The way I see it, these opposing elements give birth to chaos and allows things to flower out from that base. For example you have solid white and black that mixes to every grey in between.
>>
Gnosticism is the one true religion. Material world is a prison. God is evil. Saturn is Satan, the great eye.
>>
>>35832414
>as matter
That is a circular defintion.
>purely biological processes.
What about chemical or atomic processes?
>When I think of material it would be everything in this world and so immaterial would be everything out of this world such as a soul or spirit.
Why is this soul or spirit not a part of this world according to you?
>>
>>35832512
The material world is a prison but there is still room to grow within it and possibly transcend it.
>>35832529
Yes, matter, chemical, atomic, biological these are all of material world as in physical reality. The spirit and soul is not of this world because they are not physical things. However I believe that all of these elements are intertwined because these processes maintain your body which encapsulates your soul.
>>
>>35832625
>The spirit and soul is not of this world because they are not physical things.
Why have limited 'this world' to only include things that fit the definition of physical?
>>
>>35832664
Why not? These are all things I can observe with my eyes and hands. If I were out in space I would probably see the stars and feel their heat too or on earth I can touch a rock and feel the wind but inside my head there exists a separate world that cannot be sensed with my physical senses. There, I don't see with my eyes I perceive with my mind if you want to put it that way.
>>
>>35832752
I understand the distinction between physical and non-physical, but both are part of the world. To be specific, you are always perceiving with your mind, whether you are interpreting the input of your senses, or the more complex conglamorations of memories and associations called thoughts.
>>
>>35832664
material body was created by the demiurge, but human soul was created by The Source, which lies outside the physical world in which we are trapped
>>
>>35832821
I don't think thoughts, imaginations and memories exist in physical reality although they play a part in it.
>>
File: 1490237877228.jpg (71KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1490237877228.jpg
71KB, 400x400px
>>35832865
What has lead you to believe, that such a load of gibberish would make an impression on people?
>>35832905
This depends entirely on how you define exist. If you define exist to only include things that are physical, then thoughts and so on are excluded by definition.
This distinction however, is entirely a product of your mind, which in turn can be conceived to be a product of the processes you have attempted to distinguish your mind from.
>>
>>35832821
So I can have thoughts about my physical environment but I also have thoughts about my imaginary or dream environment. The thing is the latter is not based on any real physical sense.
>>
>>35832947
As I said in the OP, I have defined my existence as how I feel I am in two worlds. I exist as a human in this physical reality but I am also somewhere else in an unknown plane I do not fully understand but I know that it's just not "here"
>>
KNOCK KNOCK IT'S KNUCKLES
>>
>>35833021
here i come, tougher than the rest of em
>>
>>35832950
>The thing is the latter is not based on any real physical sense.
Your brain fits the criteria of physical.

>>35832969
-and as I have said in response to you, that does not make any sense.
>>
>>35833040
I WAS BORN BY MYSELF
>>
>>35833049
My brain is the computer that allows my mind to perceive those thoughts. It may be a physical object but the nature of what I am experiencing feels like anything but physical. Yes, without that physical object I wouldn't be able to experience that so it's probably a product of a process done in reality.
Through physical thought process --> enter "unphysical" reality
>>
>>35833112
I GET IT ON BY MYSELF
>>
>>35833112
Won't be frightened, I'll stand up to all the pain and turmoil
Just believe in myself, won't rely on others
Get this power to wipe out the havoc and anarchy
This is my planet, gonna fight for my destiny

You know what im sayin i gotta protect my angel island
>>
>>35833139
I'm at pumpkin hill searching for the lost pieces of the emeralds. I can't see a think but I know that it's around somewhere because the great emerald's power allows me to feel
>>
I'm really saddened that nobody can relate to what I'm saying
>>
>>35833116
The distinction you make is an abstraction. Your mind is not really seperate from the physical world.
>>
>>35833248
The way I see it is while the physical world may incorporate all of these processes some of them have spiritual properties like dreams. When I am imagining or dreaming it may or may not be in this physical world but it makes more sense to me to call it spiritual. Because when I look at nature and how it uses primary elements to bring forth chaos and evolution if I were to mirror that into an alternate reality then I have some sort of template to begin exploring.
>>
>>35833340
What is a spiritual property?
>>
>>35831886
I embrace my desire to
feel the rhythm, to feel connected
enough to step aside and weep like a widow
to feel inspired, to fathom the power,
to witness the beauty, to bathe in the fountain,
to swing on the spiral
of our divinity and still be a human.
>>
>>35833373
Essence
>>
>>35833450
I do not think that has brought me any closer to understanding what you think it is.
>>
>>35833495
Sorry I should have elaborated. My essence and thoughts are things I alone can sense. There can be many physical factors that contribute to choice but my spirit is an outside factor that lets me choose which decision i choose
>>
>>35833579
I do not think it is conceivable that, another entity would be able, given a physical way to do so, would be able to sense your thoughts as you do.
>>
>>35833579
>>35833750
>I do not think it is conceivable that
Meant to say inconceivable.
>>
>>35833750
I cannot know for sure if say a God exists and he is able to read my mind and successfully predict my actions to manipulate my path. For that matter if God were to physically come to me and direct me it would still be up to me to follow and walk that path.
But let's use a game of chess for instance, you can only try to predict my next move. I can decide if I wanted to try my luck, sacrifice a piece and see if you believe my bluff. Not that it's the best strategy but there is a level of decision that cannot be predicted. You may get some hints that it's a weird play style but ultimately you can't really know what I have in mind (apart from winning but then again what if I decided i would lose from the beginning)
>>
>>35833877
If I had the physical capacity to do so, I could predict every move you would make with absolute certainty.
>>
>>35833924
Could you? This is beginning to flesh out like some anime battle between two edgemasters. If we were both grandmaster chess players who could see every single piece's potential path at some point there would still be a possibility for a trade off. There is still some level outside of the game that can't be predicted the same way I wouldn't be able to predict your moves
>>
>>35834062
In order for me to do so, I would necessarily have to be greater than you, in order for my mind to remain distinct, while also emcompassing your mind.
It would therefore not be possible for the understanding to be mutual, unless we were some symbiotic being with two distinct minds.
>>
>>35834117
You're not wrong in that someone with greater skill (which I think you could say more spiritually experienced) would be able to see through a feint.
For the second sentence I believe that is my point. Evenly matched the understanding cannot be mutual because my understanding is mine alone and vice versa. This is what makes us individuals
>>
I started this thread for some consolation but I feel even more anguish from even more isolation
>>
>>35831886
I survive on the fantastic that does not exist.

That I have a purpose.
And character, and skills I am proud of.
>>
>>35832087
It isn't.>>35832047 is a fucking prick for some reason.
>>
>>35835955
It is. Literally.
>>
>>35835982
It's a difficult subject as one can relate but the issues can be unique and vary from person to person. I've tried to elaborate throughout this thread I'm not sure what else I can say.
>>
>>35835936
Do you struggle with your purpose and self image?
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.