[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When the guy on the left calls himself sexy you call it confidence.

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 49
Thread images: 8

File: just have confidence.png (269KB, 450x325px) Image search: [Google]
just have confidence.png
269KB, 450x325px
When the guy on the left calls himself sexy you call it confidence. When the guy on the right calls himself sexy you call it delusion. What does confidence really mean?
>>
>>35831487
Confidence is being sure of something. Many people find that man on the left sexy. Therefore he can say with confidence he is sexy. Not many people find the man on the right sexy. Therefore he cannot say with confidence he is sexy. Furthermore it would be a delusion (believing something is true/real when it is not) for the man on the right to say with confidence he is sexy.
>>
>>35831592

So what do normies want when they tell ugly people to "just have confidence"?
>>
>>35831603
The things is, attractive men are usually confident and ugly men are usually insecure. So when women try to think up what traits they find attractive, they say confidence, because it is something they associate with men they find attractive.
>>
>>35831620

But you just said it's impossible for an ugly man to be confident.
>>
>>35831688
That wasn't me. An ugly man can be confident, but women won't be attracted to him, because he is ugly.
>>
File: IMG_1769.jpg (319KB, 1180x787px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1769.jpg
319KB, 1180x787px
>>35831603
>>35831620
Allow me to simplify.

"Be more confident" equates to "Be more attractive (handsome)"

Female/Male says confident, means, translates to attractive.

"Be Confident" [Translated] "Be Better Looking"
>>
>>35831688
He never said ugly men can't be confident. They just can't be confident that they are sexy. Confidence only works if the things you are confident in are true. Otherwise you can't be confident in it...
>>
>>35831752
That's not true. You can be confident that you are attractive, even if other people do not find you attractive. The certainty refers to the conviction of the person himself.
>>
>>35831744
No it doesn't. Be more confident translates to don't stutter, don't act shy, don't talk in a soft voice, it translates to be fully behind all your actions. The caveat is you can't say ridiculous shit about yourself when it's clearly not true.
>>
>>35831487
Confidence won't make an ugly man suddenly appear beautiful, but it will make an average looking guy appear slightly above average
>>
>>35831769
>I'm confident I'm attractive
This means I am sure/know that I am attractive . Attractiveness implies other people find you attractive. If a large majority of people don't find you attractive, you cannot say with confidence that you are attractive.
>>
>>35831752

What exactly can an ugly person be confident of?
>>
>>35831813
Traits of themself that are true. Confidence doesn't imply what you are placing confidence in is "good" or "positive".
>>
>>35831807
It is not like people go around announcing it whenver they meet you. Consider that some people may find you attractive and others won't. All it takes for you to be confident in it, is your own conviction.
>>
>>35831842

What if I'm fat, bald, ugly, unattractive, useless, weak, have no talent, and I'm a virgin. Why do self-help gurus tell me I need more confidence? Confidence in what.
>>
you can't have confidence without consistent success.

Women like confidence because it tells them something about a man's previosu interactions wtih people. It implies that other women wanted him before, which encouraged him to often seek women.
>>
File: 1481507148921.jpg (759KB, 1767x719px) Image search: [Google]
1481507148921.jpg
759KB, 1767x719px
>>35831714
you can be an ugly motherfucker and still be confident/arrogant, but it's hard and you gotta go out of your way. Probably out of range for the average male

Mexican cartel leaders, top generals (US generals seem to have a lot of affairs...), conquerors in the past like genghis khan, not particularly good looking people like Sam Hyde (pic related), they still manage to fuck tons of bitches
>>
You know who has confidence? Rapists and stalkers. It takes a lot of guts and belief in yourself to think you can follow someone, have sex with them, and get away with it.
>>
>>35831988

Sam hyde is monstrously big and has a decent face.
>>
>>35832048
>and has a decent face

No.
>>
>>35832045

Good point.

Jfjfjjfjfjf
>>
>>35832056

Well it's way better than mine.

His jaw development is normal. He's symmetric. He has an okay hairline. Beats me hands down. Plus he's huge.
>>
>>35832048
Okay, what about El Chapo

160cm tall, not the best looking guy...

had tons of money and a harem of bitches
>>
>>35832076
>He has an okay hairline

This has to be b8, he looks like a fucking donkey, his hairline is noticeably receded so much that hi head looks like an egg, his nose is bulboud, he has a double chin, on top fo that he's unkept as fuck, with his ugly pube-like neckbeard and ugly glasses
>>
>>35832106

No. But is he a drug dealer? Also there's a difference between beta ugly and masculine ugly.

That guys not pretty but he looks masculine as fuck.
>>
>>35832106
Status > face > height bro
>>
>>35832120

Maybe if you're comparing him to male models. I'm below average so he looks fine to me.
>>
File: 1468389604913.jpg (29KB, 500x318px) Image search: [Google]
1468389604913.jpg
29KB, 500x318px
being attractive will lead to better confidence, since people in general will treat you better, it gives you better chances of success in life, which will increase your confidence even more

the same applies to unattractive people, you can watch how good other people get treated while being ignored, you will only see missed opportunities in your life, which will decreasse your confidence

more confidence will lead to even more success, chances and more confidence
less confidence will throw you down the abyss
>>
>>35832151
>less confidence will throw you down the abyss

Thats where I live. I just built a recording studio in my basement and I spend all my time not at work down there.

No point hitting on girls do I can break my confidence further.

Just living my own way.
>>
Confidence means just be confident in yourself, be yourself and be confident in it. Fake it till you make it.

Fembot approves!
>>
>>35831592
I am sure of the fact that I am a waste of space. Does that make me confident, too?
>>
>>35832181
fuck off
>>35831487
the best and the only thing the guy on the right should do is to stop giving a fuck. Everything else will fall into place once he truly does that
>>
>>35832312
What then? stay with no confidence and miss all the nice things you could attain in life just because you couldn't come out of your comfort zone?
>>
>>35832106
women like bad men. Just look at elliot roger. Didn't get shit when he was alive but there are tons of women fawning over him now
>>
>>35832397

All those "women" claiming to be Elliot Rodger fan girl are just doing it for attention and trying to be edgy. They wouldn't be caught dead with him. They're all fucking Chads.
>>
>>35832397
These women are mentally ill like this Eric Harris obsessed youtuber girl, and they probably also support human genocide
>>
>>35831592

if the guy on the right called himself ugly would he be considered confident?
>>
>>35831603
when they say "be more confident" they mean "don't give a fuck". this is what's attractive. focus on you things YOU LIKE and just don't a fuck about anything else. I know it sounds easy in theory and difficult in practice but you can achieve it, with effort. Focus on things you're good at. Get positive feedback on them. Focus on that feedback. Invest time and effort into them. Become better. Like what you do. This is the way to become confident. And this is what is attractive.
Beatiful people are indeed confident because they constantly receive positive feedback on their looks, which is understandable. You will never get this kind of feedback on your looks. But you will get positive feedback from other things that are important to you. Focus on that and you will irradiate confidence.
>>
>>35832481
He would be considered as someone who doesn't see how handsome he is and girls will make sure he would realize that. A shy attractive guy is cute. A shy ugly guy is a loser.
>>
>>35832507

I'm gonna call myself sexy (even though I'm not) and I'm not gonna give a fuck what anyone thinks. There am I being confident?
>>
>>35832252
Confident in the fact that you are a waste of space, yes.
>>
>>35832524
You probably didn't read the rest. Focus on something you're actually good at. Receive honest, positive feedback. Devote yourself to those things you like and you're good at. Know your strengths. You become more fulfilled and happy. You're confident.
The part where you "don't give a fuck" is where you don't give a fuck because you know you're not sexy or externally attractive. You have other qualities though. That where you focus on and gain confidence.
>>
>>35831592
>Confidence is being sure of something

What if the guy on the right was absolutely sure in himself that he was sexy? I mean that no one has told him he was sexy but he's somehow convinced himself that he's sexy.

Wouldn't, by your logic, the guy on the right be considered confident?
>>
>>35832558
He would be seen as a sarcastic troll, on the internet.

IRL he would be seen cringy.
>>
>>35831988
>Sam Hyde

Pic related is a terrible pic of him. I'd put Sam at a 7-7.5/10 because of his height, semi-fame and he cleans up well by my pic related
>>
>>35832611
>sarcastic troll
>cringy

Both of these adjectives can coexist with confidence
>>
File: 1490547640050.jpg (13KB, 277x277px) Image search: [Google]
1490547640050.jpg
13KB, 277x277px
>>35832151
This is sadly true, attractive people will often just be told that they are attractive by others outside of family, so they know they have approval and thus affirmations to fall back on if their appearance is ever in doubt. That confidence will get you into most situations easy on top of being pleasing to the eye, so you'll be living that easy life and have people who will be there to be part of your aura of popularity.

People who are considered unattractive will get no sort of confirmation by others or even worse, get told they are hideous and that will severely hamper any chances of seeming confident, its especially true as a kid because kids are heartless little shits and will do anything to ruin peoples days for their own fun.

That of course can stunt you greatly when growing up unless you somehow pull a 180 and become more attractive, but its very rare for an ugly kid to become an attractive adult.
>>
File: face swap.png (555KB, 867x524px) Image search: [Google]
face swap.png
555KB, 867x524px
>>35831487
What about those now?
Thread posts: 49
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.