[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw no buddy (m/f) to write blues/rock hits with and chill

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

>tfw no buddy (m/f) to write blues/rock hits with and chill

just pour me another glass
>>
File: 1489289234583.png (109KB, 393x382px) Image search: [Google]
1489289234583.png
109KB, 393x382px
I know this musical feel. What do you play anon?
>>
>>35828440
I'm all about guitars (vocals on the side, far away) but I also like composing which isn't really limited to any instrument. I liked to work with the piano in the past but just as a writing thing, I couldn't play it if my life depended on it. to accompany guitars I know some drum and bass stuff as well.

what about you brother ?
>>
File: 1377700655169.jpg (37KB, 426x341px) Image search: [Google]
1377700655169.jpg
37KB, 426x341px
>young mick jagger
>>
>>35828503
well I don't swing for the other team but he's got the looks, I'll give you that
>>
>>35828494
My dad was a music major in college, so he started me on piano when I was about 5. since then I've picked up drums and a bit of bass. I've been kinda crash coursing in guitar out of necessity, but I'm still shit.
What kind of stuff have you written? I've always wanted to be in a band desu. Even though it doesn't lead to a "successful" life, it's fulfilling for me.
>>
File: Here we go wojak AKM.png (135KB, 800x850px) Image search: [Google]
Here we go wojak AKM.png
135KB, 800x850px
>>35828432
>play blues on my harmonica and drink bourbon most friday nights while on google hangouts with my other depressed fuck-up friends

It's a comfy kind of feel
>>
>>35828539
I've written too much to share and most is stuff I don't really 'feel' anymore.

Still fiddling around with this, can't tell if it's finished or not
https://instaud.io/Dl1

some music written for a 3-4 piece band earlier this month, sort of identify with this style. I'd really like to work this one out with a band,
>tfw no rhythm or bass on solo's
https://instaud.io/MHn

got anything to show as well ?

>>35828568
tough shit. at least you've got something buddy, enjoy playing with your friends
>>
>tfw produce
>can make whole songs on my own
>don't need shit band mates
>make electronic music instead of shit guitar sounds
>>
>>35828699
I'm sure your electronic music is real insteresting, now how about you go back to you synth.
>>
I also feel this feel. I just want someone to jam with so me and them can both grow and musicians
>>
I've got a friend like that but he plays the flute, so that's kind of impossible to do :/
>>
>>35828728
Go back to your primitive guitar ape
>>
>>35828688
I dig this style, it gives me a very prog rock vibe, like chon or snarky puppy. have you experimented any with wind instruments?
Unfortunately, no. Never had much of a knack for composing on my own. I need people to bounce ideas off of or else I go completely off the reservation.
Do you do any gigging?
>>
File: 693.png (556KB, 640x496px) Image search: [Google]
693.png
556KB, 640x496px
>>35828699
keep telling yourself that what you're doing is making music faggot. no real musician has any respect for you.
>>
>>35828740
That's right. The search continues...

>>35828802
Hey thanks man. I've never experimented with wind instruments at all. My ideal is a drummer/bass player/me on vox/guitar. A 3 piece band seems extremely comfy with everyone having their place on the spectrum.

I used to play in a band which was a lot of fun, some pretty crazy shows, even multiple shows on one day. After a while the simple pop/punk started to get to me and I left. Never really hit the stage since so I feel sort of homesick

>>35828771
are you even trying ?
>>
>>35828850
Yeah, once you add wind instruments into the mix, the group gets kind of unwieldy. I used to play in a jazz band, though, and that was probably the most fun I've ever had playing. Who would you say influences your writing the most?
You ought to get out there again dude. Although now that I say that, I realize the reason we're even having this conversation is because you don't have a steady bass/drummer. Wish I could help you out.
I've kinda been bumming around playing for a while, you wouldn't happen to be in Texas would you?
>>
>>35828742
Never heard of Jethro Tull?
>>
>>35828948
Some sax sounds really great. they appear every now and then when it gets heavy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_lNP-x94-SE

My writing influences ? I'd say Number Girl first, then Led Zeppelin and the Rolling Stones. Overall I Iisten to so much music it's hard to keep track. I also really like Johnny Winter, Janis Joplin, Mayhem, bloodthirsty butchers and the fiery furnaces. also the Stooges get a special spot for when I'm really fucked up and want to get some dirty jams going you know
>>
>>35828771
I don't think guitar apes exist, though that would be interesting.
Learn how to use punctuation before even attempting to make any kind of music please.
>>
>>35829022
Shit, you're right.
Guess we're gonna try
>>
>>35829031
Yeah, they're a good instrument for pretty much any genre. Except classical, ironically.
I definitely heard that in what you showed me. The light distortion (? not sure if I'm using the right term since I play acoustic) makes me think classic rock, but clearly from an actual playing standpoint you're doing your own thing.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.