[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey robots, do you maintain eye contact when talking with strangers

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 8

File: 1486129451427.jpg (102KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
1486129451427.jpg
102KB, 720x960px
Hey robots, do you maintain eye contact when talking with strangers or even people you know? I noticed that for some reason i find myself staring at people lips or nose when talking to them and i wonder if its noticeable
>>
>>35828376
Depends entirely on the context. If it's a stranger I'm not interested in talking to I probably don't make eye contact. If the conversation is serious or threatening I do.
>>
>>35828376
I try to as much as I can but just look away when it feels awkward. I used to just stare them in the eyes even though it felt weird because I figured i'd look nervous otherwise, but i'm fairly sure it just looked like I was staring. I wouldn't focus on their lips or nose you'll probably look kind of dead eyed and retarded.
>>
>>35828376
I always look at something else, maybe a flick of eye contact every now and then.
>>
File: rare einstein.jpg (120KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
rare einstein.jpg
120KB, 500x313px
>>35828376
I look at their mouths because that's where the noise comes from. Feels more natural.
Also, peoples eyes are spaced apart. Which one do you look at? Or you do you look in between them?
>>
>>35828376
Yes. Isn't inability to do that one of the signs of autism or something
>>
>>35828376
I try, I've been talking to this cute girl at school and its been getting easier since, the reason I never used to was because I feet like I was being creepy just by looking at someone but now I realize how stupid I was being
>>
File: THE WALK.png (325KB, 790x843px) Image search: [Google]
THE WALK.png
325KB, 790x843px
You know who else can't make eye contact with people....?
>>
File: judy garland.gif (437KB, 480x361px) Image search: [Google]
judy garland.gif
437KB, 480x361px
>>35828465
>rare Einstein
Hearty kek anon
>>
>>35828474
yes it's a common symptom but you might just be socially awkward
>>
>>35828477
you look directly in the eyes? sometime i tried it as well, but i feel like there is some sort of pattern where you have to stop staring and then you have to stare again to not seem like a sperg.
>>
>>35828474
can confirm
t. socially dysfunctional sperg
>>
>>35828606
yeh, I mean she cute so its fun to into her eyes and she seem to like it, plus I usually get so nervous that I have to look away which stops me from sperging out
>>
File: IMG_1788.jpg (101KB, 600x601px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1788.jpg
101KB, 600x601px
How about you try this.
Look at their eyebrows.
Specially if there on fleek.
It gives the illusion of looking at their eyes.

Hope that helps anyone.
>>
i like staring at strangers until they get uncomfortable and move
goes like this
>i make eye contact
>they make eye contact
>they look away after a few seconds
>i don't do the same
>realize i'm not going to look away
>look back
>look away
>look around the room pretending not to notice me
>move if beta
>ask me why i'm staring if functional human being
i'm autistic
>>
>>35828724
Absolutely devilish. You evil bastard, you.
>>
>>35828465
You have been diagnosed with autism
>>
>>35828376
If you want to be a real alpha you need to have a staring contest with everyone even though it will make the situation look awkward as fuck, because you're one level of irony ahead of them by doing it deliberately
>>
File: zoidbergtrauma.png (265KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
zoidbergtrauma.png
265KB, 650x650px
>>35828376
In my family's culture, it's rude to maintain contact with people you aren't close with. So I never learned.
>>
File: 1408683590161.jpg (265KB, 1022x1013px) Image search: [Google]
1408683590161.jpg
265KB, 1022x1013px
I used to have huge problems with eye contact. It gets a lot easier when you're not depressed, when you realize that not everyone hates you by default. Some might even appreciate you. Makes you look at people in a whole new way.

>JUST DON'T BE DEPRESSED LOL
>>
File: IMG_6042.jpg (27KB, 261x163px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6042.jpg
27KB, 261x163px
>>35828376
I try, what I end up getting is a constant gazing at their eyes then back down every few seconds or so, and when I feel like I'm doing this too much I'll star a bit longer to make up for it. How the fuck do normies auto eye contact? It always feels unnatural and forced RRRRREEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!
>>
>>35828376
eye contact is a lie, don't force yourself to look someone's eye. you need to look around their mouth, cuz thats where their speech comes from. eye-mouth contact is the natural one
>>
>>35830115
it get's easier. just keep trying.
>>
>>35828376
yeah its no big deal but you shouldn't overdo it unless you want to fuck with them like>>35828724

btw who is that cutie ? Is it that erica girl ?
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.