[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My philosophy professor mentioned that he's a virgin today,

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: shwj.jpg (21KB, 234x236px) Image search: [Google]
shwj.jpg
21KB, 234x236px
My philosophy professor mentioned that he's a virgin today, and he's a 30+ y/o. Everyone went silent and one girl told him we don't want to hear about his sexual history. He laughed nervously and then went back to teaching or something.

So this is what awaits us.
>>
>>35825763
He is, dare I say it, /our guy/
>>
>>35825763
The professor who I took logic with (either logic or critical thinking are required for GE) is bald with a pony tail. He wears a t-shirt, a sports coat, cargo shorts and sandles every single day and I see him smoking by himself on campus. On the philosophy department website under his description he wrote

>I'm not your father, I'm not your brother and I'm not your boyfriend. I teach the class because I know the stuff. If you don't understand the stuff you can ask me and I can explain the stuff. That's it.

People who choose to get phd's in philosophy are not normal people.
>>
>>35825763
i mean she's not wrong. you really shouldn't be discussing that with your students if you're a teacher unless it's somehow pertinent, and even then...
>>
File: swj3.jpg (19KB, 225x240px) Image search: [Google]
swj3.jpg
19KB, 225x240px
>>35826103

Someone asked if he was a father and he said he can't be a father because he's a virgin.

No....
>>
>>35825763
>Everyone went silent and one girl told him we don't want to hear about his sexual history. He laughed nervously and then went back to teaching or something.
Holy shit. This angers me so much. Reminds me of a philosophy professor I had who also taught astrophysics and shit. One day he says something about being dyslexic and not knowing right from left, totally serious, and the class starts cracking up. Says he needs to think about reorienting himself constantly or else he has no idea which way he's going. They laughed even harder. Fucking normies.
>>
>>35826156
oh, well that is pretty sad. normies are scumbags though, so that's about what one can expect
>>
>>35826192
The mentally ill have no place in society.
>>
>>35826156
but nobody asked if he was a virgin, he could just say he's a father and leave it at that

pretty retarded but i still feel bad for him, not because he's a virgin, but because he's clearly distraught about it and had an /r9k/ autism moment but probably doesn't know that there's plenty of people just like him here on r9k so he thinks he's all alone
>>
>>35826156
So he's just a spastic then. He could have just said he didnt want kids.
>>
>>35826221
*tps behind u*
Nofing personell
>>
File: 1490579297996.jpg (35KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
1490579297996.jpg
35KB, 500x250px
>>35826156

>we dont want to hear about his sexual history
>asks if he has kids
Normies are autistic
>>
same shit happened to newton
>>
File: 1446671927049.png (395KB, 680x665px) Image search: [Google]
1446671927049.png
395KB, 680x665px
>>35825763
>My philosophy professor mentioned that he's a virgin today, and he's a 30+ y/o.

AHHHHHHH

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

AHJHHHHHHHH

DSHGJGDFLHJGFHNIORTUHNRJTGS

SFDS;OGHNKJL,
>>
File: 1490584149224.jpg (54KB, 393x720px) Image search: [Google]
1490584149224.jpg
54KB, 393x720px
>>35826294
Is that the sound of you dying anon? Do you need some oxygen? Those feels will only make you sink.
>>
File: 1489332589112.jpg (31KB, 601x508px) Image search: [Google]
1489332589112.jpg
31KB, 601x508px
>>35826098
Getting a phd in philosophy is my plan.
>>
>>35826323
My professor mentioned 4chan the other day dude

so hearing this is like 1 step above that

fuck
>>
>>35826323
Fuck me, that's one of the worst deaths I could ever imagine.
>>
>>35826192
Yeah I don't get how people are so mean. I can understand like being offended or something but I'd just stay silent instead of making the poor guy feel like shit.

Stacies and chads are shit
>>
>>35826334
I took logic, modern philosophy, and existentialism as GEs because I liked philosophy and they covered literature requirements. At the end of each class when I got an A and the professor asked me what my major was they were disappointed when I told them biology and told me I would be a great addition to the philosophy program. Philosophy is interesting from a historical view point but it's totally useless because science is way better at describing the physical world and human experience because it hinges on making falsifiable claims instead us just saying we're all monads or some other stupid shit. Spending that much of your life studying philosophy is a pretty big waste of time.
>>
>>35826336
In a public speaking class we had to give an informative speech the other day and one girl gave a fucking speech on pepe the frog.

She directly mentioned 4chan and the alt-right and started talking about rare pepes and smug pepes and oh god I can't even

My face was stuck in a cringe expression for nearly 2 hours after that.
>>
>>35826464
>science hinges on making falsifiable claims
ah, I remember being a teenager too
>>
>>35826477
>meme shoul stay on the Internet

Is it that hard to understand?
>>
>>35826477
>She directly mentioned 4chan and the alt-right and started talking about rare pepes and smug pepes and oh god I can't even

Was she for or against it?

Why are normans bringing internet culture to the public

It's not supposed to be this way.

Underground shit stays underground

Mainstream shit stays mainstream

They're trying to cross the beams and it's causing excess levels of cringe
>>
File: 1489630160000.jpg (331KB, 753x707px) Image search: [Google]
1489630160000.jpg
331KB, 753x707px
>>35826464
Science is better at describing the physical world but philosophy is better at the non-physical, which is what interests me. Read some of David Chalmers work on consciousness to see what I'm getting at.
I'm currently doing a degree in computer science which I enjoy from a theoretical perspective, but absolutely hate from a practical perspective. Can't see myself working as a software engineer.
>>
>>35826549
what he said is true you just took a random quote from his post and made a meme argument against it trying to be insulting because you got triggered he said philosophy was a waste of time
your post has no information content and all feelings
kys you sensitive little cunt
>>
>>35826688
I didn't choose it at random I chose it because it demonstrative his inexperience and youthful ignorance

you can keep your strawmen and projections to yourself, especially when what I said has nothing to do with you, though you seem to be suffering from the same delusions
>>
>>35826269
>So those who are last now will be first then, and those who are first will be last.
>tfw they are the real autists
>>
>>35826269
This.

Sex makes babies you stupid normies. He's not going to lie about it because then he wouldn't be much of a philosophy teacher.

Stupid, stupid normies.
>>
>>35826642
The problem is that there is no proof of a non physical world. Sure philosophers can give their opinions on it and when I learned that Kant said that we don't know that time and space exist, that just how we experience the external world it blew my mind. It go to a point where I realized it's not worth basing your wold view on non testable claims. Even Hume said that in the preface to whatever work of his I read that I don't remeber the name of where he laid out his opinion on what the untestsble non physical world is. Philosophy is a really fun mental exercise but that's all it really is.
>>
>>35826818
You read too much/r/Science
>>
>>35825763
What a fucking weirdo. This would never happen in my beloved engineering field.
>>
>>35825763
>tfw philosophy professor is a thicc asian woman
>>
File: 1489801735841.jpg (51KB, 1020x511px) Image search: [Google]
1489801735841.jpg
51KB, 1020x511px
>mfw I'm a poor fat loser brainer yet the only thing stopping me for fucking a phat submissive piece of ass, is 5 hour flight

How do western faggots manage to stay virgin past 20?
>>
File: prof.jpg (8KB, 218x232px) Image search: [Google]
prof.jpg
8KB, 218x232px
>>35825763
Ah, yes, the old "I'm still a virgin" ruse. Very popular in my department. Always good for a few of the more free-spirited girls by the end of the semester. Works every time.
>>
>>35826898
by being ugly and autistic?
>>
>>35826834
That's what I walked away with from taking philosophy classes in college that I put in the work to study the source material and get A's in with. Other than logic I studied the progress of western philosophical thought from the 1600s with Descartes to the 1950s with Sartre. After the existentialists is where I think that philosophy stopped being relevent. It's especially laughable when people in the humanities talk about things like the ethics of science when they don't understand the science. I don't mean reading headlines, I mean learning the physics and chemistry because science is really fucking complicated once you get past the junior level.
>>
>>35826621
She was against it considering that during her speech she said 4chan is a cesspit (which isn't necessarily wrong) but she also connected Trumps "hate" with the rise of the alt-right and their use of pepe as a mascot which is completely retarded
>>
File: clintonintheface.jpg (98KB, 586x700px) Image search: [Google]
clintonintheface.jpg
98KB, 586x700px
>>35826921
>le "I was only pretending to be a sad academic" ruse
>>
>>35826959
Read this: http://consc.net/papers/facing.html
Philosophy is still relevant. Also modern science is becoming that which it fought against during the last millennium.
>>
>>35826156
Who is he? I'll bear his children.
>>
>tfw getting a PhD in philosophy (shouldn't it just be a PhD then? We just call it a Doctorate, but Anglos are weird)
>see this thread

Those people are the worst. Anyone sufficiently familiar with philosophy will know that appearances matter and keeping a professional attitude is not only useful, but also "real" in its effects on pupils and therefore ethical in some sense (even if just as a tool to be used correctly)
>>
>>35827038
God damn I am drunk as fuck. This is a long ass paper and I'm the kind of person who reads sources when people post them because I want to see it they only read the tilte and are full of shit or not. I want to say that this paper is 27 years old and whenever I've written a paper in my science classes I have not been allowed to reference a paper older than 10 years. Neuroscience has made a lot of progress scince 1995 but that's not a part of biology I study so I know jack shit about it. I'm graduating with a degree in molecular biology and a minor in chemistry in 2 moths. I'm going to finish reading this tomorrow but if your proof that philosophy is "still relevant" is a year older than me than it's pretty stale.
>>
>>35825763
>So this is what awaits us.
Not necessarily. The incel professor isn't like us, he doesn't or didn't have a community online. He's just a regular beta male, and has job as well

We'd be worse off, probably suicide or slow drift into insanity
>>
i would've blew that girl the fuck out by saying, "no, i actually do want to hear about his sexual history" just because i hate smug cunts.
>>
File: 1487369930955.png (105KB, 283x302px) Image search: [Google]
1487369930955.png
105KB, 283x302px
>>35826098
tfw graduate philosophy student
>>
My philosophy teacher in highschool was a balding manlet who still lived with his mom and talked about Star Trek a lot
>>
>>35828259
My philosophy teacher in grade 13 in school was invited to the post graduation party , got wasted and sperged about his drug experiences.
I didn't see it unfortunately cause I wasn't invited.
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.