[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I start training at a cafe tomorrow guys im scared, I want

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 7

File: 1488817110911.gif (896KB, 500x557px) Image search: [Google]
1488817110911.gif
896KB, 500x557px
>I start training at a cafe tomorrow

guys im scared, I want to become a normie and get a job but i'm nervous :( help me!
>>
File: 298045.jpg (25KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
298045.jpg
25KB, 225x350px
have fun dealing with douchebag customers
>>
>>35823422
here is my anime training regimen
100 cowfee
100 gween tea
10 miles running
>>
>>35823422
You have to start somewhere. Just imagine how much happier you're going to be a year from now. Even if you embarrass yourself no one's going to remember or care and you'll learn from those mistakes.
>>
File: 1419265347076.gif (113KB, 351x398px) Image search: [Google]
1419265347076.gif
113KB, 351x398px
>>35823469
>Just imagine how much happier you're going to be a year from now.

>working in retail/customer service
>being happy in a year
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>35823460

>>35823469
thanks anon, I'll try to remember

>>35823524
I honestly think I'll be happier, even if it'll make me frustrated i'll be molre happy that i'm doing something instead of being bored at home
>>
Is it like a real coffee shop? I work at one but I'm not very good. My job's owner knew my mom in high school and she was his oneitis. He still has a major hard on for her so I got the job.
>>
>>35823582
not like a tiny coffee shop, more like a cafe I guess
>>
>>35823422
You're gonna end up smoking cigs like a fiend. I hit a pack a day when I was working at a cafe, because it was the only way to get a break.
>>
>>35823647
cigs are gross
>>
>>35823601
So what is it? I don't really get what you mean.

>>35823647
A lot of my coworkers smoke cigarettes. I don't personally, I don't want cancer.
>>
working is horrible

it's not fun

you will hate it soon
>>
>>35823422
It's normal to be nervous, just do your best and work your hardest and don't be afraid to ask questions if you aren't sure what to do. After a week or two it will just become routine and you will stop caring as much (dont slack off though).
>>
>>35823680
its a cafe, like i said in the op
>>
>been working for 2 years now
>still get a disgusting feeling of dread in my stomach when going to work
>>
>>35823737
I seriously don't know what the difference would be. Like I'm kinda stupid so I need some more explaining.
>>
>>35823796
Theres not much difference i think, coffee shops usually just sell snacks or pastries whereas cafes usually sell actual food

that's my bad anon, turns out they only really call them different things in Australia and UK
>>
File: really makes you think.jpg (8KB, 229x172px) Image search: [Google]
really makes you think.jpg
8KB, 229x172px
worst thing about resturaunts is dealing with co workers.

if you're anxious like me they will talk about you and trigger hard core anxiety in you. it will take everything you have mentally to keep it together.

i already started crying in front of my managers, i'm surviving so far tho...def not boring
>>
>>35823850
Oh okay, yeah that's true we only sell small stuff and sandwiches. It's okay though, you didn't mean to. It's late so most of us burgers are asleep.
>>
>>35823759
Do you normally have social anxiety?
Back when I had a job waiting tables I always thought I would get used to it and the before-work anxiety would eventually stop happening but it never did.
>>
>>35823894
>i already started crying in front of my managers, i'm surviving so far tho...def not boring

How come you started crying? I quit a job at afast food place a few years ago because of super bad anxiety but I'm way better now.

what did they say as well?
>>
>>35823969
yes, I am a cashier and it has not gotten easier

if I ever have to say something outside of my memorized prepared lines, I lose my shit and stutter like a moron
>>
>>35823969
i was a server and it never goes away

fuck those jobs
>>
>>35823422
You're gonna do fine.
>>
>>35823647
>it was the only way to get a break
According to law non smokers are supposed to get a break, too.
>>
lmao at these bottom-tier wagecucks
>>
Is it local or chain? If Mom and Pop local will be chill, if chain not as fun but stick it out. Wagecucking can be done, but I personally deal with dumb shit everyday. I'm at a chain. Get cussed at every once in a while or yelled at by managers or have to hear about personal life stuff outside of job I don't care about. Also most customers are nice at least at my job and some normie co workers can be nice. Just small shit can become annoying.
>>
File: kill me.jpg (67KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kill me.jpg
67KB, 1280x720px
>>35823983
Well i host at a restaurant and it's my first job of this type. For me my anxiety is at it's worst when i first get somewhere. Being a new job or the beginning of a shift (the first hour or so then the nerves settle down...anxiety still obviously there but i don't look like a heroin addict pacing around and patting myself as much)

Customer service interaction isn't too bad, i don't look at it like i would a typical social interaction. I know the customers are here for specific things and what you say is kinda scripty...repetition calms down the anxiety.

But the co workers..man oh man. I'm really shy and horrible at small talk, i am also hyper aware of everything so now and especially my first week i look back at everyone who glances at me....ALWAYS. Also when i see people talking and glancing at me or just looking at me in general i assume the worst. This causes my heart rate and anxiety to skyrocket and i become more visibly awkward.

i'm almost always horrible with small talk but i physically can't calm down when anxiety inducing actions start taking place like co-workers yelling at me ect.

So idk i had been there a month and a half or so and knew what to do to a certain extent. Having ADHD and anxiety as well as being a bit of a perfectionist i will get emotional and personally hurt when i get criticism of the job i'm doing and what not.

On the weekends at a restaurant when tens of people are in the lobby on a wait list i tend to get confused and mess up alot of things this combined with really annoying and not understanding co-workers that can be over dramatic and gossipy is really hard for me.

tldr, there was a situation when one of my co workers kept ignoring me and went to somebody else when asking for things like "open menu counts" (counting how many tickets/menus will show up on the kitchen screen) apparently i had been getting them wrong but had not been told, because instead of correcting me and letting me know they gossip. >(cont)
>>
File: daddy3.jpg (53KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
daddy3.jpg
53KB, 1280x720px
>>35823983
cont>>35824335

Long story short i told one of my co-workers to "Tell anon to stop being a cunt" (Apparently outside of the internet saying cunt is like saying nigger)....anywhoo I ended up in the manager's office and ended up crying my eyes out explaining my frustrations.

Although bad at the time it ended up being a very good thing as the managers are more understanding with me now it seems.

i'm not an ugly kid so the shyness is pretty endearing it seems like for the most part. I also met some guy who browses 4chan who just started working there as well as a friend i have known for awhile that also has bad adhd and anxiety.

i've also talked to a few co workers i work closely with about my anxiety and they stopped giving me as hard of a time. If anything i'm saying sounds similar to your situation then take my advice and don't be afraid to open up with people.

Def the best advice i'd give to people with horrible anxiety that get into fast paced food service or things similar.
>>
>>35823422
memorize the menu/ingredients, coffee/drink recipes, and prices
>>
bumping for self interest
>>
Are there any wagie jobs that are comfy and don't have much social interaction? I was thinking something like library or security but are there other options?
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.