[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>decide I'm going to give anime a shot >subscribe

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: Cowboy-Bebop.jpg (276KB, 700x969px) Image search: [Google]
Cowboy-Bebop.jpg
276KB, 700x969px
>decide I'm going to give anime a shot
>subscribe to Crunchyroll
>start watching cowboy bebop
>10 episodes in

I think I'm too old for this now. Episode 5 was really cool with that Sephiroth style dude. Episode 10 was nice, with Jet meeting his old girlfriend again. But some of these villians are so ridiculous, it feels like a kid's cartoon, just really violent. I'll finish it though, it's not bad. I probably won't watch the movie though.
>>
Dawg the movie is god tier and I dont even like bebop all that much. if you want just stop now and watch the movie, it is a contained narrative
>>
>It feels like a kid's cartoon, just really violent.

A lot of anime is like this. Just have fun with it and admire the gorgeous work that is put into the animation.
>>
give death note a shot
it is known as a very good starter anime
>>

Stop reading here.
>>
I'm in a very similar situation, just watching death note instead of cowboy bebop.

I'm at episode 14 and the show's general concept is fun, but the anime cliches are really keeping me from getting too invested.
>>
>>35821960
my best friend stopped after the 1st episode because it was "too predictable"
>>
>>35821940
>b-b-b-b-b-but the industry needs money!!!!

What's a better why to support it?
>>
I really hate your taste
>>
>>35821847
>not enjoying bebop
u are hopeless dude
>>
You should try Yuri Yuri instead my man, top tier stuff
>>
>>35821997
>paid for a shit streaming service

How about just buy the manga? They're better in every way.
>>
>>35822049
The anime was boring for me, the humor kinda sucks too.
>>
>>35821847
you seriously didn't do this d-did you???
>>
>>35821898
>good starter anime
that usually means that it's just a good show with appeal outside of those initiated into anime tropes, which it is. Probably one of the most interesting anime out there. Would recommend highly
>>
>>35822078
Buying manga is Holy Jesus Levels of Hell expensive.
Not to mention BD
>>
>>35821847
Try 91 Days. It has a plot that is very un-animeish. It's more comparable to western series like House of Cards.
>>
>>35822138
It's better then paying for Crunchyshit. Also, who cares about streaming anime? The industry is doing fine.
>>
File: do it, kys.gif (2MB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
do it, kys.gif
2MB, 350x233px
>>35821940
>>35821997
>>35822130
>>35822177
Poor NEETs detected. Do the world a favor and commit sudokus.
>>
>>35822247
>assuming that I'm a NEET
>paid for a shitty streaming service
>cuck

Fucking kek.
>>
>>35822247
Do you think it's too confusing to torrent?
>>
watch jojo.

do it.
>>
File: 1431925968816.jpg (37KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1431925968816.jpg
37KB, 500x375px
I like watching movies. I usually don't have the patience for an entire series. Are there any good animu movies that are enjoyable for a non weeb? I've recently seen Redline and it was pretty damn great.
>>
File: 978.jpg (63KB, 340x565px) Image search: [Google]
978.jpg
63KB, 340x565px
>using crunchyroll over kissanime
>>
File: 1489289131874.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1489289131874.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px

Not only is this nigger streaming anime, he's PAYING to stream anime.
>>
File: 1487796685357.jpg (72KB, 650x366px) Image search: [Google]
1487796685357.jpg
72KB, 650x366px
>>35822753
>streaming
Why is it that people flock to the inferior option of doing things almost always.

Most people use VLC over MPC-HC, streaming over torrenting, uTorrent over qBittorrent, etc. Why? It's just as easy to use the other option. It's not like these things are secret, hard-to-obtain information. I will never understand this.
>>
>>35822986
Because my internet is shit and it's easier to find a shitty streaming site rather than wait for it to torrent.
>>
>>35823454
You're downloading roughly the same amount of data either way. It's just that torrenting downloads it all before playing it.
>>
I've only completely watched Death Note, K-On!, Kill La Kill, and some entry-level anime films, so I'm not into anime either, but I'll admit that I really liked Death Note and I was surprised by how much I enjoyed K-On!. :^)
>>
>>35823520
but streaming is way easier
you get on the site, play the video, repeat
with torrents you get on the site, download the torrent and then you can watch the videos. You are just adding an extra step
>>
>>35821997
Blu-Ray and merchandise you simpleton.
>>
How can you think you're "too old" for anime if you just called some character "Sephiroth" AKA babbys first edge?
>>
>>35822712
Princess Mononoke
Castle in the Sky
Spirited Away
These are ones I've personally watched and thoroughly enjoyed.
>>
>>35823621
>Set up RSS
>Episodes download automatically
>Higher quality
>No internet required after downloading
>More difficult

I have actual ADD and I'm not as ADD as you
>>
>>35822986
I use utorrent 2.2.1 the best version, literally no reason for me to switch to any other program.
>>
youre not too old you just havent found your jam yet,try more kinds of anime,try more studios (yes they matter) ,try vns and addaptions etc

read the descriptions of berserk/hellsing /code geass /neon genesis evangelion /ergo proxy/ Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom/gungrave and if something strikes your interest go for it.
>>
>>35823682
>How can you think you're "too old" for anime if you just called some character a character from a game released in 1997
>>
Just watch Neon Genesis Evangelion. Nothing tops it. If you can't enjoy it you aren't a true robot.
>>
>>35823793
Sephiroth was, is, and will always be the favorite character of the emotionally immature. The fact that you're actually still thinking about him 20 years later is ridiculous. Thinking that you're "too old" for shit made for adults just because it's animated is retarded and pretentious. Just say you don't like it, you don't need a made up reason.
>>
>>35821847
The show is pretty overrated IMO, I like some things about it but there was a lot I didn't like too I think the movies are much better so I would suggest giving them a shot.

I'd also encourage you to not bag anime if you don't like it. There are a lot of different shows that can accommodate an extremely wide variety of tastes and you can definitely find something you will really enjoy, same as any other medium.
>>
>>35823838
This is not the place for the emotionally mature.
>>
>>35823883
But it is the place for people who are "too old" for anime, sure
>>
of course it's for kids, they're adaptations of comic books lmao
>>
>reading all this hate about Crunchyroll
D-did I fuck up by forking over 60$ for a 1 year subscription?
>>
>>35821847
If you don't like Cowboy Bebop, it's best that you stop watching anime all together. You're a lost cause, my guy.
>>
>>35821847
Some people don't realize how amazing Bebop is until the end when it makes sense why the show is laid out the way it is
>>
>subscribe to crunchyroll
Ahahaha like nigga wtf
>>
What kind of spontaneous nutcase just subscribed to crunchyroll without ever having seen an anime before?
>>
I got to like ep 20 or 21 and i took a break ever since nowbi kinda wanna start watching again
>>
>>35824650
Just recently they've started cucking their customers even harder beyond having to pay for currently airing anime streams.

24 hours after the episode if first uploaded to the site, they proceed to replace it with a lower quality version to save bandwidth. They've been going through their whole library and lowering the bitrate on all their videos for a while now.
>>
>But some of these villians are so ridiculous

Many villains in real life are every bit as bizarre, so I don't see this as a valid criticism.

https://www.damninteresting.com/the-wrath-of-the-killdozer/

http://content.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,876967,00.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magdalena_Sol%C3%ADs

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whipping_Tom

http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/09/news/companies/nutella-stolen/index.html
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.