[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I need some health advice. I just quit smoking cigarettes about

This is a red board which means that it's strictly for adults (Not Safe For Work content only). If you see any illegal content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 446.jpg (329KB, 1127x720px) Image search: [Google]
446.jpg
329KB, 1127x720px
I need some health advice. I just quit smoking cigarettes about a week ago but I've been eating increasing quantities of soda, candy, and energy drinks. What do you think is worse, the tobacco or the artificial flavors and coloring? I'm not overweight so the calories aren't an issue.
>>
>>35818003
Smoking will fuck you up harder than sugar but sugar can be just as damaging.

Forget artificial flavors senpai sugar is the poison.
>>
>i'm not overweight so the calories aren't an issue

Yeah that's what I thought too. Despite what they claim, tobacco is relatively harmless. When you shove all that shit into your face you''re at a very increased risk of diabetes(like I have. Type 1, the worst one.) and you WILL gain weight if you just sit on your ass, so don't do that, else you'll fuck yourself up. Keep active, keep moving, keep chugging through the day. Not soda mind you, but chugging air and motion, stay active as fuck. All I can say is don't stop moving, else you'll end up like me. 30, diabetic, no future, no nothing. NOTHING.
>>
>>35818086
How damaging?
>>
>>35818003
Just eat nuts like cashews and almonds. They're good for you, cheap and easy to carry around. Stay the hell away from energy drinks though. Energy drinks are even worse for you than soda, and can ruin your teeth faster, too.
>>
>>35818195
There's a magic switch in your brain that controls whether or not you're hungry.

If you eat enough sugar to go obese then that switch breaks and you're hungry forever.
>>
>>35818256
I eat a lot of sugar and I'm barely overweight though. Give me another reason to quit (since I'm trying to).
>>
>>35818132
I definitely make an effort to get some exercise every day, get my heart rate up for an hour or so. That is why i realized smoking was killing me, I literally felt my lungs not working very well. I'm not sure how you can say tobacco isn't bad considering all the evidence to the contrary. And supposedly is bad for your brain too which is one of the main reasons i'm making an effort to stop
>>
>>35818003
holy fuck, I remember that old bubblicious look
>>
>>35818301
It's not something that happens overnight. Give it a few years.
>>
>>35818003
It doesn't work for everyone but try and find something to snack on that isn't so bad for you. I found sunflower seeds are therapeutic to shell in your mouth and if you buy them in a bulk foods area they aren't too expensive. I also love carrots, radishes, and any fruit I can find at a reasonable price.

To answer your question they're both horrible for you. Tobacco drains your body and eventually gives you cancer while sugars clog your body and cause all sorts of health issues. If you can at the very least balance the sugars with lots of water and decently healthy meals then go for that.
>>
>>35818326

I didn't mean to say it wasn't bad, just not as bad as they make it out to be. Obesety will kill you much faster. I know this for a fact since i'm literally dying from the inside right now, my organs are failing and the doc says i'm probably close to kidney failure. I can feel my body rotting. It's a strange feeling to know you are killing yourself and not giving a shit because you're already too broken to fix. Anyway, yeah, tobacco will kill you, it's a fact, but that's usually far down the line. Destroying your organs RIGHT THIS SECOND is much quicker. But, since you keep in shape decently, you can delay it. I had a job where I was almost running full speed through a store, tons of cardio, usually between 8 and 12 hours a night, and I still got this shit. Either way you're dying, just pick your poison well, is all i'm sayin'. Good luck to you bro.
>>
>>35818355

Listen to this nigga. I find pears to be pretty well priced, and they're good too. I love me some fresh pears. I can even eat them without muh teeths(another side effect of eating tons of sugars and soda and not giving a fuck, sadly.)
>>
>>35818003
Dude eat fruit. Just give it a bit and you'll like it. I eat canned fruit and wash the syrup of with water or frozen fruit and its like I eat candy all the time. Also try getting juice but mixing it down with more and more water over time. That way you don't get so much sugar but its still sweet. I think it's much easier to play to that weakness of liking sugar to use it to eat healthy instead of eating the traditional sugar items like a 35mg sugar soda or something. Then after awhile you'll become adjusted to the sugar and oils in stuff and youll feel it being slimy or overpowering like someone shoved an entire mouth full of sugar into your mouth.
>>
>>35818548
Don't eat canned fruit. They use a ton of preservatives and sugar in those and it's no better than eating candy. While canned foods are good for certain things that are hard to come by you should stick to fresh foods. If you can't get fresh fruit try vegetables
>>
>>35818487
Damn dude you're right, pears are one of my favorites too. Sorry to hear about your teeth anon
>>
>>35818548
>Also try getting juice but mixing it down with more and more water over time. That way you don't get so much sugar
You are still drinking the same amount of sugar, it is just more diluted. That is what my black Chemistry teacher Dr. Willie Lewis taught me. Thanks Willie!!
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.